•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Mass Medicinals

New to bubble hash

Hey All,

We're trying to get input about best practices for making bubble hash.

Items we have:
- 8 micron 5-gal bags (25, 45, 73, 90, 120, 160, 190, 225 microns)
- wooden spoon (ibuprofen for maximum effort)

We were thinking about doing the following:

Using 2 buckets. Bucket #1 for bag-free mixing of plant and Ice and water  / Bucket #2 for the straining (4 micron bags, 220, 160, 90, 25)

Mixing bucket, place plant matter and Ice in with ice cold water and mix for 20 minutes then pour into bucket 2 and ensure all material gets into bucket 2
let sit for 20 minutes
slowly separate out the bags (Put the plant matter back in Freezer to prep for round #2)
Collect kief on micron pressing screen and repeat.

We don't have a good way to dry the hash other than pressing it with a towel on the outside of the screen.
Also we have other size bags any feelings on changing the above ratio?

perhaps 160, 73, 25 -or- 190, 90, 45

[ We don't have a good way to dry the hash other than pressing it with a towel on the outside of the screen.
Also we have other size bags any feelings on changing the above ratio?

perhaps 160, 73, 25 -or- 190, 90, 45]

I have a heat mat for a pair of 10/20's to sit on. When I needed to dry my bubble bag extractions, I would lay a thin sheet of cardboard onto the tray, then my pressing screen, and then plop the goo onto them, set the temp around 80+ degrees or so, may change for colder or warmer times. But that really cut down on the waiting to dry time.

I would hang my small sieve bags over the sink in a 5 g bucket with the bottom full of holes, and my 2 work bags (largest sieves) nested  in a pair of 5 g bucket s, one has the bottom is full of holes, the other solid, on a chair, next to the sink.

I can snap a pic or so if you can not visualize my poor description.

Once I beat the contents in the heavy bags, I had bungees, hanging over both sets of buckets. I would pull the work bags from the bucket, letting them hang over a catch pan, and dump the lower bucket (no holes in bottom) goodies into the final bags, sitting the sink, letting the extracted water pass on as the sieves collect the goodies.

So as it hangs,  the stream of spent water slows down to a trickle as the heads clog the sieves, so you will  learn the quick wrist snap, with a slight up and down motion, to make a jerking motion to make the water gush out as the heads are now dislodged a bit from the quick upward snap, more water will gush, on the down motion, then slow, so another wrist snap, WITHOUT adding any pressure to the sides of the sieves.

NEVER squeeze your bags/sieves to speed that up, you just contaminate your pure bubble with plant bits from expanding the sieves.

A quick snap of the wrist and water weight expels more, you just need to repeat it like a thousand times.

Just my way, many others will have better or other ways to do this.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice @webeblzr!! 

First run we did 160, 90, 45, 25

Every other run we did 90, 45, 25

We ran things through yesterday. Not sure on the total weight of the fresh frozen trim. But stopped after about 6 hours of doing runs non-stop. My arms and wrists are beat to crap. I will definitely be making a snorkel for bucket #1, so that the liquid just pours out the bottom and then I reload on water and start beating the plant matter again.

Any suggestions on processing the collected grades? They are just chilling out in the fridge right now. We do have a strainer but no microplaner.

Can this be converted into those brown hash balls/bricks that look oh so lovely?

Hey MM, again me personally, hash in it's loose state is more workable, no useable, like going into a joint, or into cooking items, or when we just wanted a chunk, I would just make sole hash, folding a couple to a few grams of loose into a small piece of parchment paper, or wax paper, folded up to make a packet. Then I put my socks on, the packet goes into my shoe, and I go about my day. In the evening it's usually a mass. Not as hard a pressed hash, but fine enough for us.

If we owned a microwave I guess I could just heat and press it, but have owned one in many years now. and do not miss it.

Trapping moisture may cause it to mold. 

For storage, IMHO nothing beats the refrigerator or freezer. I use uncooked rice in a wide mouth mason jelly jars, then sink my small packages into it and freeze.

Weed, just gets, prepared, cured, and into the freezer, in quart wide mouth mason jars.

I had shut myself down a couple of years ago, for a while. The only buds we had were stored in mason jars, sealed and frozen. Every jar opened to the exact freshness of the day it was sealed and put in. 

I never did build a dry sift myself. If I was going at it again, I would look into ultrasonic extractions myself.

Best to ya!