•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Mass Medicinals

New to bubble hash

On 1/14/2020 at 3:30 PM, Zanzibar said:

I've been looking around at these mini washers... I like the one's with the 220 micron bag ou put into them, and I guess I'd have to modify the accordion hose to one that doesn't clog so much,,, but does anyone have a good suggestion to a good sturdy washer, possibly with a link?

Thank you.

I bought one a few years ago and have been happy with it. You''ll need a laundry bag also, you put the weed into it and then in the washer so no issues with clogging a hose.

Here's a link to the newer version of the one I have. There are many to choose from out there so look around a little.
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Washing-BaseCamp-Mr-Heater/dp/B00F57WGK0

And , here is a link to the type of bag you will need.  https://www.amazon.com/RoomyRoc-Laundry-Delicates-Organize-Clothing/

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, JetDro said:

I make so much of it I bought a "bubble now" machine.....................basically a cheap small apt washing machine.  Best part about it is its BAG. Bud goes in the bag, bag is correct micron size, gets get hauls, never green. I run 6-7 minutes, only 2 runs per bag. I keep the 90,73,and 25 . If your getting green, your using too much force in the agitation.

gallery_11129_5838_152270.jpg

Right here with you. Jetdro. The lighter the agitation the better. I usually keep my 120 bag as well being a mostly outdoor guy and can get some pretty large heads. I tend to collect a nice large chunk in there that depending on cultivar is still melt. 

It I get cultivars that will throw melty 120 mic I remove the 90, and 73 bag and collect them all in a 45 and add the 25 for those little guys (25 takes way to long to work even with the bounce tech when I mix mic). If you can get cultivars throwing big melty heads mixed mic is the way to go. 

• Like 3

On 12/15/2018 at 7:04 PM, dieseldog381 said:

Anything over 25 is trash, or edibles, in my opinion.  

I dont agree with that...my 70 look much better than your 25 and even my 38/185 look better

70:

iceo4.jpg

38 to 185:

P1010234.JPG

• Like 3

i use only the best trim, i let the trim rehydrate before i use my painting mixer, and i dont over mix it (3x10min)...no magical here.

here is a 38 to 180 i just do yesterday and the day before:
P1010020.thumb.JPG.9edb1bc454fc6fe6fb91ae9a0745b5c1.JPG

19-recad.jpg

• Like 2

120u - 45u hand mixed with a big spoon. Dried and frozen whole bud run. Over 15% return. 20 minute pre soak layered in ice, 3x 15 minute runs with a 10 min settle before draining. Fresh water each new stir.

Edit: sorry for shit pic quality, lense broke on phone, those dots and shadows are artifacts on my lenseless cam. High quality melt though.

20201222_164624.jpg

20201222_164635.jpg

20201222_165158.jpg

*One more edit* just to be clear. This is everything below 160u caught in the 45u bag. Fully mature resin. Properly dried, stored in the freezer and not knocked to hell in the wash will render a full spectrum full melt. I only sieve never microplane. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, coxnox said:

i use only the best trim, i let the trim rehydrate before i use my painting mixer, and i dont over mix it (3x10min)...no magical here.

here is a 38 to 180 i just do yesterday and the day before:
P1010020.thumb.JPG.9edb1bc454fc6fe6fb91ae9a0745b5c1.JPG

19-recad.jpg

Nice! Do you sieve it three times too?

3 hours ago, Hamme Hydro said:

Nice! Do you sieve it three times too?

most of the time only 2, if yu do a 3rd one the quality is not like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coxnox said:

most of the time only 2, if yu do a 3rd one the quality is not like that.

So you stir it 3 x 10 minutes and sieve it twice after that?

11 hours ago, Hamme Hydro said:

No i make 3x10 min then i collect the 38 mic bag, then i put the trim again in water, i mix one time 15/20 min and again i collect tje 38mic bag.

• Like 1

The pics posted above are three runs of the same material (new water each run, no need for all that chlorophyll water) each run mixed together everything under 160u into the 45u bag. It's all about the finesse in the mixing. I've gotten 4 runs before seeing a degradation in the product. Full spectrum full melt is possible with 3 runs still. No plant matter in that 80 grams above.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hamme Hydro said:

I wouldn't sieve more than once honestly, you want to keep the wax membrane intact. It's of my opinion that making bubble isn't worth it unless you're as delicate as possible through the process. If not you're going to lose the things you enjoy about the flower to begin with. 

• Like 1

Also might add that I use a 3 bucket system. Mixing bucket with 220u bag. 180 and 160 stacked in another bucket (I don't smoke 160 or 180u as IMO they are contaminate bags and the 160u goes to canna coconut oil.) Last bucket has 45 and 25u. The 25u is usually also added to my canna oil unless it's of high quality and is very cultivar dependent. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, coxnox said:

No i make 3x10 min then i collect the 38 mic bag, then i put the trim again in water, i mix one time 15/20 min and again i collect tje 38mic bag.

Sorry, but i don't understand what you mean.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wisecalyx said:

I wouldn't sieve more than once honestly, you want to keep the wax membrane intact. It's of my opinion that making bubble isn't worth it unless you're as delicate as possible through the process. If not you're going to lose the things you enjoy about the flower to begin with. 

I am a bit confused here. If you sieve just once, but mix three times, where do you leave the remaining water after each mix?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hamme Hydro said:

Sorry, but i don't understand what you mean.

Whats you dont understand exactly ?

I mix 3x10 min with 5 min pause between then i wait 30 min and pull the bag with the trim in(220 mic bag) out, then i pull the 38mic bag out and collect the resin....then i put the bags in water again for a second extraction, i mix one time 15 or 20 min and pull the bags out and collect the resin....

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hamme Hydro said:

I am a bit confused here. If you sieve just once, but mix three times, where do you leave the remaining water after each mix?

I fill bucket with layers of bud and ice, and then use just enough water to saturate the herb and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. I then add more cold water to get proper ratio for best mix. I mix for 15 minutes by hand with a big ass spoon. Let settle for 10 minutes before pulling bags. Once I pull my 45u bag I set aside on drying screen to rid excess moisture. I repeat this process 3 times using fresh water each mix / pull (don't reuse water and don't let resin sit in water it only degrades your product). Once I've pulled and removed excess water I place the moist bubble hash in a metal mesh strainer (sieve) and tap the edge over parchment paper until all bubble has passed through the sieve and evenly distributed across the parchment. I'll include a picture of the mesh strainer I use. For the love of hash, never use a micro plane, it ruins your hardwork. Pic below isn't mine but is the same thing.

6DVU7_AS01.jpeg

• Like 1

i dont change my water between each pull and my hash is not green as you can see ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hamme Hydro said:

Thanks a lot! I think that not using fresh water every pull is what made my bubblehash so green.

My use of fresh water each pull has to do with consistency of product. I don't see any changes of quality until it's time to stop pulling. Plus as much as we want to call water neutral, in this case it's still a solvent, especially once it's taken on plant fats, esters and terpenes from previous runs. In my experience, using the same water through pulls eventually compromises the integrity of the wax membrane and you end up with a less stable bubble. That's fine if you are going to be pressing the hash as you're sealing in and creating a barrier there for long term storage. Bubble doesn't last long around here, I'll take down 10 grams a week easy when I make it. Since my goal is full melt dabbable bubble hash I like to keep my resin glands fully intact and dried to the consistency of beach sand. 

5 hours ago, Hamme Hydro said:

Thanks a lot! I think that not using fresh water every pull is what made my bubblehash so green.

Keep trying, we all have different processes for different goals, mine focus on repeatable results tailored to what works for me, quality should always be the defining factor. I only wash whole bud where some wash trim. Coxnox likes a beautiful pressed product and includes 180u where I bin mine and you bet your ass I'd love to try their pressed bubble (if you haven't tried aging bubble, it's a treat after at least 6 months. It's all about what works for the individual. I've been making bubble for 15 plus years now, have tried all sorts of different things. Some cultivars don't produce when it comes to bubble and that's fine as well. I've had cultivars that only wash full melt in the 70u bags, but I gravitate toward those that produce full spec full melt, because washing whole bud for only melt in a specific micron is a waste to me and better left as flowermbYmmv, keep experimenting. My best washing cultivar is an OG and NL hybrid. 

If you are getting green in your bubble I would first look at the state of your trim or bud, is it too dry or brittle? Was it allowed to hydrate a little before being run? Were you using power tools (I stopped using power anything for bubble as even when I figured out how to not get green, it still thrashed my heads again ymmv) were you being too harsh in general. When experimenting always make sure to change one thing at a time in your process and keep note of the changes so you can truly evaluate the results. 

You got this!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, coxnox said:

i dont change my water between each pull and my hash is not green as you can see ;)

True. Ever since i got the bubble machine my hash turns green. So i stopped trying to make it since it was trash to smoke. I probably should stop using the machine.

7 hours ago, wisecalyx said:

Keep trying, we all have different processes for different goals, mine focus on repeatable results tailored to what works for me, quality should always be the defining factor. I only wash whole bud where some wash trim. Coxnox likes a beautiful pressed product and includes 180u where I bin mine and you bet your ass I'd love to try their pressed bubble (if you haven't tried aging bubble, it's a treat after at least 6 months. It's all about what works for the individual. I've been making bubble for 15 plus years now, have tried all sorts of different things. Some cultivars don't produce when it comes to bubble and that's fine as well. I've had cultivars that only wash full melt in the 70u bags, but I gravitate toward those that produce full spec full melt, because washing whole bud for only melt in a specific micron is a waste to me and better left as flowermbYmmv, keep experimenting. My best washing cultivar is an OG and NL hybrid. 

If you are getting green in your bubble I would first look at the state of your trim or bud, is it too dry or brittle? Was it allowed to hydrate a little before being run? Were you using power tools (I stopped using power anything for bubble as even when I figured out how to not get green, it still thrashed my heads again ymmv) were you being too harsh in general. When experimenting always make sure to change one thing at a time in your process and keep note of the changes so you can truly evaluate the results. 

You got this!

Funny you mention this, as indeed since i started using a machine my hash turns green. The first couple of times when i mixed the trim by hand, the quality of the bubblehash was just as good as shown by Coxnox in this thread. So i guess i better stop using this machine and see what happens. It is very demotivating to collect a nice amount of kief and seeing it turn green. With this helpful info you and Coxnox provided i can probably motivate myself to give it another go. I collected lots of trim after not making hash for a while.

32 minutes ago, Hamme Hydro said:

Funny you mention this, as indeed since i started using a machine my hash turns green. The first couple of times when i mixed the trim by hand, the quality of the bubblehash was just as good as shown by Coxnox in this thread. So i guess i better stop using this machine and see what happens. It is very demotivating to collect a nice amount of kief and seeing it turn green. With this helpful info you and Coxnox provided i can probably motivate myself to give it another go. I collected lots of trim after not making hash for a while.

Play around with the amount of ice. I can't tell you how much to use as I fill water to a point where it "feels" right by stirring. I'd rather have a little less ice than too much. If there isn't enough water movement the ice can be hella abrasive and could be contributing to your green issues. 

I'm not sure it's your machine, it could be the water/ ice / material ratios as well. 

I add more ice after every pull, and my mixing bag gets re packed and filled to sit and recoil between each pull. Hell the water I use is chilling on ice before Inuse it as well to be as cold as possible. 

If need be do smaller runs, change something, review results ect. No need to run full buckets until you hone in the process. It gets super discouraging otherwise. 

• Like 2

Hey guys. I picked up a 5 gallon 8 bag set not long ago. What is the smallest amount of trim or bud you would use in 5 gallon bags? And after doing 2-3 runs, is the remaining plant matter any good for coconut oil infusion?