•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
iGrow420710

Bubble bags

I am near end of flower.. I am looking to make bubble hash with bubble bags from the trim and tiny buds/undeveloped buds but dont know if i should go for a 4 bag kit (220u, 160u, 73u, 25u) or the 8 bag kit (220u, 190u, 160u, 120u,90u, 73u, 45u, 25u)

I will be getting a 5 gallon kit but cant figure out which would be better to go for..

i feel if i was to get the 4 bag kit i would need to buy the 90u seperately... 

any adviced and help would be highly appreciated.

Over the years I found myself to use just the finest and the largest sieves.  For me all that phucking about for this and that bubble head size to be very  monotonous myself.

Hey I mean NO disrespect for those that love all the separation activity  and collecting the different gland heads, for whatever reason.

For myself, I see the 4 bag as more than efficient.

BUT there are many  ways to collect the heads. 

I find BB's to  OK at best, a bunch of work, and a LOT waiting around. IMHO

I agree I started at first separating the grades and that was way to tiresome and a hassle.  Now all I use is the 220 and 160 to filter and then I compost those remains and the 25 to catch all the goodie trichs and smokeable hash.  I find the hash is more full spectrum when combining the different maturity levels of the trichomes instead of separating them.

• Like 1

I only harvest the 25 anymore, everything above that is usually pretty green, gets made into butter.   

If im going for full melt bubble, I want the 40 and 75 as pre filters.    I’d go with the five bags, then experiment to find what you like and works best for you.   

• Like 1

Hey @iGrow420710

We're also in the same boat as you. First time using bubble bags and trying to decide on a bag set-up.

Our plan for either today or tomorrow:

We have 2 five gallon buckets.

Bucket #1: The first will contain all the plant and ice and ice water. We will be able to beat the plants and ice without concern for the bags well-being.

Bucket #2: (likely: 220, 160, 90, 45, 25) We might change this around a little, but there are going to be 4 levels of kief catching bags and the main plant matter catcher (220).
We then pour the plant ice water into bucket #2 (with the bag set-up noted above) let sit and strain. If possible the plant matter will go back into the fridge/freezer to await additional runs.

Collected matter:
#45 & #25 - will be dried and pressed
#160 & #90 - will be gifted or turned into edibles

Creative side thought.
We are considering cutting a hole in one of the buckets near the bottom. So that we can attach a vacuum cleaner to it from the outside. Effectively turning the set-up into a large vacuum funnel. 

The rationale here would be to then save the liquid and run it through the system a couple times to ensure nothing was lost. (Anyone have input on this??)

I will add on more thought, when I enjoyed running the bags, and was showing some new gardening friends how they worked, one of the folks found a cheaper set of bags, that did NOT have the sturdy canvass sides on them.

The issue was when we loaded them with ice and trim, we could not use drill with our bubble whapper on it. As soon as it started to spin, either very slowly or a burst to speed, the sides of the bag would start to spin also. So almost instantly it would wrap the shaft. 

So we wound up using a length of 11/2" diameter PVC pipe, peppered with holes around it, about 2' long to break into the ice/trim slurry, to get  the heads to break off the leaf. What a slow, and labor intensive way that was.

If I had NOT spent my $250.00 on BB's I would have been looking into ultrasonic extractions myself, or nice dry sieve set up on a rock polisher motor.

I'm not trying to trash BB's, or anyones project, but wow, lots of work.

Here you go, from the Mohammed Ali of Bubble Hash himself.    

I don't combine the bags anymore, too much hassle, I usually filter with the 220 and 160, and that's my hash water.  I also don't work it int he bags, I dump my froze bud in a five gallon, layer it with ice, and let it sit in fridge for 30-40 min, then beat it to death til it turns to snow with a paint stirrer on an electric drill.  This mix, I dump through the 220 and 160, rising the heck out of it with ice water.   I just keep rinsing the "mash", tie I'm satisfied it's about done, usually 3 times, yield will drop to zip.    

Trick is keeping it super cold.   A lot of ice hash isn't that good, because folks use all their trim.  I've found I get much bette results if I only use sugar trim, or buds, of course.  

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

By the way, your bags will last MUCH longer if you don't stir in the bags, just use another bucket, then dump your "hash mash" into your bags and rinse all those wonderful trichs into your "hash net", being careful to not catch any porpoises.   

Can I patent "hash mash", or has it already been invented?  

• Like 1