•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

iGrow420710

Humidity issue

I am near to harvest my first grow my humidity has been 50% during the day(lights on) at night time. 65% night time (lights off) during the day. 

I have tried many ways to bring it down nothing has worked.. 

Should i be worried

As Indicalisious says, a bit of air circulation in the area should work well.

In my early days I realized I needed a dehumidifier, not to run constantly, but for the wet times of the year.

Since they exhaust some heat, I learned to use that heat, (sometimes) while getting drier air. I find mine to be a valuable growing aid myself.

• Like 1

Air flow. The more air you can move the better. Means the RH is higher during lights out (daytime in the real world), sounds like your ambient air is pretty humid. Try putting a small air conditioner in the room your tent is in. It will help control the heat and lower humidity. 

The kind that stand on the floor with a vent to a window work well. They are a little pricey ($2-300) but work very well. And can be moved and pointed to whatever direction you need. Here on the west coast, they can be found used at a fair price this time of year.

• Like 1

A fast and relatively cheap and effect method of removing the moisture would be a household moisture remover (bucket type setup) if you have access to them.  I use a product called Damp Rid and it definitely helps along with good air flow circulation and a watchful eye.  These work nice for tents, but when I can finally setup a room, a dehumidifier is definitely in order.

On 10/10/2018 at 3:18 AM, iGrow420710 said:

I am near to harvest my first grow my humidity has been 50% during the day(lights on) at night time. 65% night time (lights off) during the day. 

I have tried many ways to bring it down nothing has worked.. 

Should i be worried

That wouldn't be a big problem

This topic is 16 months old, and the guy never responded to anybody.

He has not been on the forum since the 15th of October 2018!

Don't respond to old topics, please.

• Like 1