•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

dieseldog381

Chucky's Comin' For Christmas!

Been for shut down for the summer months, so with all this Eskobar talk, thought I'd fire up some Chucky's Bride in time for Christmas.

Here she is, that's three plants, in a 20 gal DWC tote, from seed, at just under 2 week in flower, under my Advanced Platinum 600, and that's a Hortilux Power Veg underneath, Fox Farm nutrient regimen with some modifications.   

I haven' grown Chucky's in 4 or 5 years, but it's all coming back to me, she's one lanky, stretchy, floppy, girl.  While there are shorter stockier phenos, I've only had them one or two times, think someone called them the "Tilly" pheno?   Most of mine have been spider webs, with little balls of fruity cheese buds, that surprises you a bit on yield.  I'm told the stretchy tendency comes from the C99 dad, which stands to reason, having grown C99 a bunch.  

I've already trimmed half the plant away, she's one bushy gal.  I'm thinking most of mine went 9 weeks and some change on flowering, can't recall, but don't think any went as early as 8.  

These are my own F2's, each taken from a different run.  I've cloned all three, plan to keep my favorite as a Mom.  They already all have different scents, but can tell they're all sisters.  

I got lucky, as planted 3, got three females.  Plan was to veg until I could sex them, them pull the males, if they showed up.  I call that "Growers Russian Roulette", but I always have mostly females it seems.  Good Karma, or good growing, probably half and half.

Oh, that's my Bonzai Mom of Mosca's C99 pineapple pheno in the corner, easy grower, great high, run her 3-4 times.  

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...........:)

Peace, all.   

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Man it's so nice to see a DWC again!

I have to fight the Juice Junky urge, there is something entranching about living/growing with a hydro set up for me.

It was the most stressing 3 years of time, due to my tinkering fool side of me.

I ran small bubbleponic setups, the hurtback no change system, and Krusty Buckets, with the plumbed extreme air system, I built from salvaged industrial parts. 

Lovely set up, excellent results so far.  I'm anxious to see your show.

Best to ya!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webeblzr said:

Man it's so nice to see a DWC again!

I have to fight the Juice Junky urge, there is something entranching about living/growing with a hydro set up for me.

It was the most stressing 3 years of time, due to my tinkering fool side of me.

I ran small bubbleponic setups, the hurtback no change system, and Krusty Buckets, with the plumbed extreme air system, I built from salvaged industrial parts. 

Lovely set up, excellent results so far.  I'm anxious to see your show.

Best to ya!!

Yeah, I've gone around the world, too.  Since my issue is security, a lot of hydro setups just don't work well for me, plus, the more moving parts, the twitchier the system becomes.

I was running aeroponics, briefly, man, what a pain in the arse, very hard to keep clean.  Ran coir for years, then went back to peat, much faster results, without the problems coir brings.  I actually began DWC by accident, when I left 10 clones in my home made five gallon DWC cloner.  I left them for 10 days, came home, and the growth rates were 3 times what my soil stuff was.

But, in reality, I got tired of lugging the soil to an indoor space, and soil brings yet another set of odor issues.  Guano grown weed is still the best tasting I've ever done, so I use a bunch of guano products, teas,, especially towards end of flower.  

I'm gone a lot, and a 20 gallon tote will keep that size just fine for a week to 10 days with no problems.   I super oxygenate the water, it's boiling in there, lots of fungus, touch of molasses to feed it, and voila.   

• Like 1

Awesome bro  CB is my go to standard 

nice clean set up @dieseldog381 I like the light down under 

new addition to my setup thanks 

i think I have a 36 inch t5 somewhere should help 

• Like 2

Thanks, Papa.  I bought the Hortilux Power Veg lights a year or so ago, when I was still running HPS 600's, to add UVA/UVB to my spectrum, and I had them on top circling the plant, worked really well, noticeable difference in frost.  I've got some 2 footers and 4 footers, I just daisy chain around the room.     

This one was just setting there, and I'd forgot I'd put tubes underneath canopies in the past, seems to help quite a bit, and the newer bulbs have quite a bit more horsepower than they used to.  I think it helps keep down the popcorn buds,, though I try and trim as much as possible underneath, I hate trimming that stuff!  So I think the underneath helps a bit.

Besides, it's something new to try when you're bored, lol.    

• Like 2

I was just smoking some Holy Princess while looking in on Chucky, and I noticed if I look real close at the Hortilux Power Veg tube underneath, I can see little leprechauns riding on the light beams, gently pushing the buds upwards, while singing Irish ditties.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dd381 the wee little people help the garden grow just share a shot or two with them 

I speak to them often,   and the garden fairies as well I need all the help I can get lol 

:tu

• Like 1

Shazzam, while doing Fall clean up, I found 3 buckets of Sunleaves Indonesian high phosphorous Bat poop I forgot I had.  I see some tea and molasseses for Chucky's Sunday reservoir change.

The things you forget.  Hadn't done this in years, I bubbled up some frothy guano, worm castings, and molasses tea for 24 hours, checked the PPM with my regular regimen, and voila, came out about where I want her for mid flowering, about 1200 to start.    My whole nutrient regime is this:  Fox Farms Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, Open Sesame, Cal Mag, Sweet Berry, Mammoth P, Golden Tree, Azomite, and tons of Great White, Mycos, White Widow, or whatever I have around.   I used to do 100% guano, worm castings, green sand, lime, etc, in soil.  Trying to get a bit closer to that in hydro.  Fun to mess with, hard to mess up.  

Nice thing about DWC, I can keep adding stuff, long as I don't mind cleaning up the reservoir at the end of the run.  I've always believed in giving my plants a wide variety of nutrients, fun to go back to my roots a bit.   

NO weed on earth tastes better than guano grown.   

• Like 1

Chucky's Bride update.  Here she is finishing up week 4 flowering today, she's a bush!!

I usually don't remove fan leaves, but I've easily pulled half of her this run.  I normally trim a third of most plants before putting into flower, but these gals get haircuts almost every day.    She grows as remembered, long running stems, that then send out other long running stems, that flop every which way as soon as the buds start gaining some weight.  Been a challenge in a small space to keep enough light spaces open in the canopy, dang, wish I had a larger room, where I could just let 'em grow the way God intended!  

I've been using a high P guano/molasses tea as base for my my nutrients, and she's loving it.   I like to start about 1200 ppm beginning of the week, in 5-7 days, she's ready for a drink and reads out almost perfectly at 1400-1500.  I've been adding my supplements (Beastie Bloom, Cha Ching, Mammoth P, Sweet of Molasses when I top off my reservoir, and my full nutes when I changer her out every two weeks or so.  They seem to be loving it, no issues.  Not even one fricking spider mite!!!   Knock on wood.  My C99 mom right next to her was full of them, but think I've got them exterminated.  

Happy Halloween, all.  Peace.  

IMG_0611.thumb.jpg.139afe8e6e3f47270d9f0fa8828f7237.jpgIMG_0616.thumb.jpg.5cd1c2a10925aa734c70ffdff304f025.jpgIMG_0613.thumb.jpg.726c9e7ae9681c13ca7c3a2d86f93206.jpgIMG_0617.thumb.jpg.f24218dd092bd56ebef42e5897329868.jpg

• Like 6

Damn nice 

I see a great deal of goodness coming your way 

peace 

• Like 1

:grinning_respect::icecream:

• Like 1

Boy, you just forget how good Chucky's Bride really smells.  She didn't use her deodorant today, just working with her, I smell like a skunk who fell in a fruit salad.  The two side plants exploded with oder overnight, center has almost no scent yet.   

Got a bit ahead of myself on nutes, early  signs of cal lockup, could't put my finger on it, as she had plenty of cal/mag.  I'd flushed, Ph, everything looked right, PPM about1200, and she was still getting those little brown spot tell tales of calcium deficiency.  Same exact thing with Holy Princess.  The LED's can really mess with symptoms, too.  

She'll be happy by morning, Sledge Hammered them, flushing well.  I'll leave her in plain water until morning, then add back nutes.

Funny, some strains, I could pour gasoline in the reservoir, and they'd just love it.  Others, all the ducks have to be in a row.  

I keep smelling something, LOL, sitting here typing after servicing the girls, and if a cop pulls me over, he's going to say, "Say, we could let this ticket go, if you'll share some of whatever it is made you smell like that" .     

• Like 3

I enjoyed growing Chucky’s Bride. I started mine outside and the winds helped stiffen the limbs on mine. I brought it inside to flower and it was just right. I could see it being floppy if started inside. 

Mine had bright red show up on the fan leaves up top, early. At the end of flowering the red showed up again with red calyxes under the buds. She was a very fun plant to grow. Very special indeed. Enjoy!

peace

mrG

• Like 1

CB update.    Decided to tease her a bit, so "schwazzed", aka, defoliated her at 4 and a half weeks.  The second pic is her exactly one week later.   She finishes six today.   Couple observations, my humidity dropped 50%, and I cut my PPM back to 1000, where I'll usually run 1300-1600 at this stage, with no issues.  PH went all to heck, too, for a few days, which I assume is from less nutrient uptake from less leaves.  Lower buds immediately seemed to expand, and she's blowing up like they said she would

She grows a lot like my Apollo 11's, long running shoots, with grape sized hash balls for buds on the ends.   I've never grow CB under LED's, so will be curious to see the end result.  Think I stopped running CB because the yield wasn't that great and she was a pain in the butt to trim.  Stripping her solves half that problem.    

LED's tend to limit stretch, in my experience, but only with some strains.   CB was much worse stretching under HPS 600's as I recall.   This run has been fairly manageable, but she grows the main stems, then shoots out really long side shoots.  I was told five years ago that's from the C99 dad.  Stands to reason, I've grown a bunch for C99, and though less manageable, the tall sativa leaning phenos are some of the best.  

Three pheno's, different scents in each, but all sisters.  The one on the right is the keeper, C99 dominant, cheesy/fruity, but you can tell it's C99 if you've grown her, and  finishing first.  Middles is nute finicky a bit, less scent, more skunk, eh, so far, left side is the runt, but more cheesey than the other two.  Decisions, decisions!   I cloned them all.  

God bless you veterans, thank you for keeping us all safe.

IMG_0619.thumb.jpg.2fb1a09746707a28b6d7f2528463577d.jpgIMG_0620.thumb.jpg.3b2e63af4e0e93ea934e69e77da03630.jpg

• Like 7

I ran across my pics of CB from last year. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow. Been a long day and I'm spent. Mine did pretty well in yield. it was a beautiful plant and it made me want to grow it again real soon. Yours are looking good! 

peace

mrG

• Like 1

Ok, I'm about to pull my hair out on this, a little help with Chucky, PLEASE!

What is this?   It begins with small brown spots in first pic, then rapidly turns to the next two.  These plants are in 7 weeks of flower, but it's been going since week 3 or 4, but only slightly, a nd on a few leaves.  Numbers are all inline, PH checked daily to about 6.2, PPM about 1000.  I've flushed, and added back half nutes,  didn't stop it, kept getting worse.

My first thought was Calcium, as LED's use massive amounts, but they've got plenty.  Then, too much phosphorus locking out calcium, but no, cut it in half with the other nutes, after flushing well.   Then just plain old nutrient burn, so I dropped my PPM way back, but I've run as high as 1600 with no issues.  Nutrient lock out?  I've flushed with a cleaner, which does seem to slow it down, until I add nutes back in.   I'm thinking they're just overloaded, given their dark green color.  

The exact same thing happened to my Holy Princess in late veg, under my new LED's, and I couldn't get it figured out. kept cutting nutes, and kept getting worse.  This one seems to get worse no matter what I do!   Finally, I doubled my phosphorous dosage on the HP, and it cleared up, which kind of confused me on this one..  Didn't want to try that this late in flower. 

Only slight damage here, but it was spreading fast, and they are running on pure water and flush additive right now.   I'm thinking just finish them with pure water, as they've only got a week-ten days left.  

But, thought I'd get some input, as this has been a lesson in humility for me, and Iv'e not had this with other strains, thanks. 

IMG_0624.thumb.jpg.2d431a1816cd25c23ff6561cb477cf04.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks, Santero, good to know, that's what I was thinking.   I haven't wrestled with it much on my other strains.

I got really confused when I first started using LED's, seemed to change up everything with my usual HPS nutes regime.     

• Like 2

Yep, that was it, Santero, been flushing 3 days, and she perked right back up, leaf damage stopped, she looks "happy" again.     

I hate leaf problems in my grows, must be my ADD, but really grinds my gears when I see issues like this.  I had Sannie's Jack in the same mix, left for 5 days, came home and found my PPM was sitting at 2800, and she was loving it.  Some strains forgive my stupidity, others will not, I guess.  :)   

Nice thing about growing, just when you think you've got it licked, you learn something new.  

Gonna be a nice Christmas, she's chunking up really nicely, buds feel quite a bit harder than I recall from past Chucky grows.      

• Like 3

Starting week eight today, first two bud shots are of my keeper Mom, in the third, you can see the difference in flowering.  Starting to really stink, but the first is super Chucky's Bride like pungent, the other, eh, just doesn't excite me much, more conventional skunky, but, she has another week to show her stuff.      

She's on rinse cycle until harvest, I got a bit ambitious with her nutes, so just cleaning her up, and she's loving it.  

BTW, I ordered some Advanced Nutrients Flawless Finish I'm going to try this week, gets great reviews.  (I know, it's just epsom salts, or that's what some claim)  I have a gallon of General Hydro FloraKleen a supplier sent by mistake that I hit them with when they were overfed.  Judging by the difference within 24 hours of running (PPM's rose), it does what it says it will.

I'm just remembering why I used to grow in soil.   :)

Happy Thanksgiving, all, I'm thankful for all the nice people here, Sannie's, having plenty to live, and plenty to give.  

Peace.   

Keeper Mom CB

IMG_0629.thumb.jpg.6be51fa23b8c2f2f4a7c7359b9e4a372.jpgIMG_0627.thumb.jpg.a8559b882bc85716b028fc064609bb31.jpg

IMG_0626.thumb.jpg.4e0efa70bf2d284426a516253c733340.jpgKeeIMG_0630.thumb.jpg.b07e20e3c60685d4a1055c294933a227.jpg

Late Bloomer, Skunky, eh.  

IMG_0628.thumb.jpg.3b1b556a80bbafe86b317e092c41213d.jpg

• Like 6

Ms. Chucky went to tokers heaven last week, but here she is, in a bucket of buds.

Ok, she yielded 5 oz, which reminds me why I quit growing her, she yields jack and shit.   BUT, it's classic Chucky's Bride.  Hardly any decent sized buds, just lots of ratty, pea sized, balls of fruity hash glue, that smells heavenly.  I kept thinking maybe Holy Princess topped her in fragrance, but side by side, HP is much more astringent on the nose, very cherry forward, Chucky's is a much softer smell.  And the high, like, I mean, can I get a handful of OMG's?!!   She's ridiculously sticky, and it's a creeper.  You feel it right away, then after a few minutes, you're like, "uh-oh, didn't plan on being this high", and it keeps going a bit from there, then settles down into a great head space for a few hours.   Pretty racy without any cure, but that'll calm down in a few weeks.  

The taste is nothing less than exquisite, fruit forward, but cheesy lingering on the exhale.  I tried Advanced Nutrients, Flawless Finish for ten days this run, and I'll have to say, I'm impressed.   This bud is much more fragrant, very clean tasting, and burns with a pure white ash.  I normally just use water, but will definitely try this again.     

She's very ratty looking, and a pain in the arse to trim, so don't look for her in the Colorado pot shops.  She's kind of like the girls Mom wanted me to ask to the prom,  I'd ask, "What's she look like, Mom?"   Mom, "She has a wonderful personality"   

Wish ya'll were here, we'd play "Who's turn is it to roll the next one?"     

IMG_0654.thumb.jpg.1009505fbebd473e2fdecf9ae7bb7751.jpg

• Like 5

Here's a couple Chucky's Bride bud pics.  Wish I had a better camera, but she's just covered in trichs, you can't touch her without getting sticky.   My one plant started to get a bit of pink in her around the top buds, and I like to give them the "cold shoulder" for a few days prior to harvest by opening up my outside vent.  I can get them down in the 40's for a few nights if I want.   I always do a few days of darkness before harvest, have for years, just habit, debatable if it does much.  I feel it gives them that extra nudge to finish up, same with cold temps, which have been shown to bring out colors in some strains.   

She rolls a joint really nicely, has just the right amount of crumble, and sticks to your papers.  And smooooooooooth!   She'll be excellent in a few months.

Merry Christmas to all, and may the season bring you and yours joy, peace, and hope.   

IMG_0497.thumb.jpg.4239a288446d2ec1d86ca5fa154c62a6.jpg

IMG_0495.thumb.jpg.8a729a8db35a0d70adddcb2ea35086c9.jpgIMG_0495.thumb.jpg.8a729a8db35a0d70adddcb2ea35086c9.jpg

• Like 5