•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Hi new here this is my first time growing also and I’m probably on the wrong part but really need some help I’m growing 1 plant indoors on my windowsill so only natural sun light and water. About 2 weeks ago some of the leaves have started to curl? Can you help? Thx1A1CC1EE-8117-4349-99DF-5CFBDC6510A1.thumb.jpeg.01f8c3dc9b479f04aec8d821fb8409fd.jpegFC5A1A09-CFDE-4509-8CC0-2EC5250451A1.thumb.jpeg.c4d86219f5464e34cbd448bec90ce0e7.jpegAE6E8938-1864-4531-82FB-D20D64081D03.thumb.jpeg.c2b6e44040fe4ac50bcf55df4eb35733.jpeg

First of all high :) I'm also new here:tu

your plant have been growing very well for a window litt space, to me it looks a little bit over watered. Try waiting a while with watering until the pot feels light, or even until the leaves drop a little bit, and then use that weight as your frame of reference to the weight of a freshly watered pot (preferreble the same plant) and you will be able to listen more closely to her water needs. 

/Peace

• Like 4

Welcome and what @ZenShade said. I will also add that a window sill is not a good way to grow Cannabis, not enough light and large Temperature swings, you would be better off buying some cheap LED's. 

Best,

Baq

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheDerbystallion said:

Okay thanks for adviceッ il look into the lights 

In low light like that they will grow spindly and weak which makes them susceptible  to  stress and diseases

Baq

• Like 2

First, welcome to OpenGrow Derbystallion.

Good eye ZenShade, you nailed it! Cupping leaves is a classic sign of over watering. Over watering may also cause root rot, nutrient deficiencies,  nutrient/pH lockout, then death. Avoid over watering at all costs. Over watering is the most common issue with new growers, with under watering a close second.

Your plant looks like it may have gotten an iron deficiency from the soil being too wet for too long,  N may be deficient as well... notice the whitish mottled appearance of the foliage on the top two nodes of growth. Deficiencies during flowering are especially hard on plants and result in much lower yields.

In many cases, the plant doesn't have enough time to fully recuperate from the damage done to it by the deficiency in time for harvest and smell, taste & yield may suffer because of it.

Since the plant shown is in its flowering stage, you'll want to use a formula that offers a higher P/K with a lower N value. Also make sure micro nutrients are present in the mix... they are vital to healthy plant life.

Investing in inexpensive LED or CFL lights would greatly increase your cannabis growing experience by way of stronger plant growth and a larger yield at harvest. You can still use the sunlight from the windowsill in conjunction with the lights... nothing beats natural sunlight! 

Please keep us informed, we want you to have a successful experience and learn to grow this plant like a pro!

• Like 5

[ Hi basically I’m completely new to growing I don’t really know what medium is? Sorry probably sound really daft...fertiliser I’m using baby bio as I’m trying to keep it as natural as possible. Watering schedule is basically 1ltr bottle of water with 10 drops of the baby bio.that bottle lasts around 1 and a half weeks.. watering every 2-3 days and genetics I basically brought some lemon haze weed and there was two seeds in the bag I planted them both in different pots one turned out to be male and one female.. as for environmental conditions it is grown on my windowsill with natural sunlight that’s the only light it gets it’s also been growing for around 3 months and that’s the stage it’s at now ]

Hey Derbystallion,

I just saw this in Igrow's thread, asking about pot sizes, where I suggested you post over here.

Now I am starting to understand, ( I think anyway) you are new to growing, and we all were once. I'll help anyone trying to improve themselves, and doing for themselves. 

My first suggestion is to read anything about  growing indoors. What you will learn, is common jargon, like medium. If you can connect dead folks to living ones, by passing messages to them, you are a medium.

In growing, it would be soil, or potting soil, or water, or coco coir, it can be lava rock or pebbles, it can be peat based, it can be perlite, it can mapito, one of the ones I have never used myself. Look them up, get familiar with them, it will help you when asking questions. There are others to.

Then fertilizers, find some information about N P K and there are about 16 macronutrients if I remember right. We do not need to know everything about them, unless it grabs your mind. But you need to at least understand their function and their timing to our favs.

Next biggie for us, is photoperiods. Starting off seeds, is vegetative time, or the hours of lights on, in your case now at sunrise, to dark time, at sunset. However, in an enclosed area, box, tent, wherever, you would want to time your lights on and and off. Common veg times, 24 hours on and 0 off hours. I start off with 24/0, then to 18/6 or 18 on hours and 6 off hours, still a vegetative state for the plants. 

To make your plants grow bud, the timers are reset to 12/12 (12 hours of light and 12 hours of UNINTERRUPTED dark) or 11/13 this now photoperiods for flowering. 

In flower most strains stink to high heaven, this is where an environment is used to control that stench, and man it's very important IMHO.

Find Hempyfan and his website for the miles of good reading and understanding what is happening in your medium to your seeds to make plants become better.

Now my last word of advice, right now you growing legal charges against yourself, and showing them off as they out in the open. If your not growing in a free thinking country or state, someone is searching for them, WHEN someone sees them, and they tell, fuck that is a bad thing. OR they can come steal them, or hold you hostage for not telling LEO. 

Simply put, keep it secret, keep it safe. Build an environment for just them, hundreds of ways to accomplish that, find one and work it man.

Best to ya! webe

Just to show you we all start somewhere, crates I went dumpster diving for, found 3. I cut them up reassembled them into a box, with 3 separate areas, utilities, veg and flower in a hydro bubbler set up. And my first cut. This was around 2001 or so.

crate- DSCF0001.JPG

box, unfinished  tub.jpg

DSCF0023.JPG

harvest 1st.JPG

• Like 4

Since you are new to growing I recommend checking these links out.

for indoor environment and lighting information 

http://culturalhealingandlife.com.www413.your-server.de/index.php?/forum/15-indoor-gardening/ 

soil info/recipe

http://culturalhealingandlife.com.www413.your-server.de/index.php?/topic/22-soil-recipe/

excellent plant problem site

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures

hope that helps.

Hempyfan!

• Like 3

Those are good results for just windowsill light! I tried that on my first grow and it was a disaster. You will most certainly want to add some grow lights and as a beginner, certainly LED grow lights are the way to go.  I would stay away from cheaply manufactured Chinese brands and go with a solid American brand with a good reputation.  

Hi guys 

halogens tends to be too hot 

you would do better with a couple of 100 watt florescent bulbs like the twisted ones or t5 

also hempy always has great info 

peace

Halogen lights will give less usable light than you will get from the window. They are bright, but only to our eyes, the plants "sees" almost nothing.  You can pick up CFL (compact fluorescent lamp) or LED bulbs wherever you buy your regular light bulbs. They do not HAVE to be for plants. 

Here is a link to help you with understanding what type of light plants use and options for a new grower. 

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-grow-lights

They key to understanding how to grow cannabis is research and reading. Journals are great and motivating, but not always the best for learning the basics. Every time a question pops into your head, google it, the answer is out there. 

Read the links Hempyfan gave you. There is a wealth of information in there.

Until you get some bulbs, put that girl in the window sill during the day, and into a dark closet (zero light) at night for 12 hours. I would also suggest transplanting it into a little larger pot with better soil. Any potting soil with perlite (no time release nutrients) will improve her root environment.