•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
ChakraCohen

Veganic Growing?

37 minutes ago, baqualin said:

Yep pretty much the same, I will also add in the Neem meal. Great, you know it works, I now can grow in a relaxed manner instead of chasing problems and stressing trying to figure out what's going on, put my ph meter in storage, no need for it. Now if you start adding in all kinds of other shit you will lose the equilibrium and problems will occur.

Baq

100%

all I feed after this tbh is dehydrated kelp meal, sprouted seed teas (alfalfa, barley and corn), the occasional compost tea,  and some em-1. Temped to try the DEM fat flowers next grow as a tea.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, buddah_fingah said:

Hmm Its not quite that simple, i’d say there’s also fragile eco-systems that live inside bat caves that depends on guano as energy source. Every time we mess about in eco-systems we are causing a domino effect in some way, being as self sustainable as possible is the way I’d try to grow weed. 

These giys seem to think there’s issues with harvesting bat guano:

I am part of the team working with Bat Conservation International (BCI) on developing international standards for the sustainable harvest of bat guano. Bat guano has been harvested from caves for centuries and has been put to a variety of uses, including for gunpowder during the U.S. Civil War. Today bat guano is primarily used for fertilizer, both in commercial production in places like Texas and for subsistence farming purposes in places throughout Southeast Asia and Latin America. Guano harvesting can have huge impacts on bat colonies. Bats are extremely sensitive to disturbance, and harvesting guano while bats are roosting can cause pup loss and abandonment of caves. Lack of understanding of these impacts, together with unclear property rights and lack of any rules to enforce have led to unsustainable guano harvesting practices

Wow, never knew all of that about guano. Sad to think about people harvesting it without regards for the bats; I'd never have guessed they were that sensitive. Thanks for spreading awareness and doing the work you do toward sustainability! 

• Like 2

I just stand under the bridge at dusk in down town Austin Texas, every night when the million or so bats come out,  holding up a bucket.  

Useful tip, be sure and wear a wide brimmed hat!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, ChakraCohen said:

Sounds like a great mix - looking forward to giving this a go. Thanks for sharing! Some people are so secretive about their ingredients so I really appreciate you sharing the love. 

Using soil you don't have to set up your whole grow with only one method, if you want to try something new play with a container (pots, bags, tubs, whatever) or 2. That way you haven't committed your whole crop to it while finding what works for you, besides in soil unless you have totally fucked it up you will get a few jars of fire. There's other's on here that have great mixes  (too many to name but credit to you all) and you can read through the threads for a wealth of info including organic hydro using soil mixes all tremendous crops. Personally I would start with Sannie there's a whole tutorial on his method somewhere, the more knowledge you have the better you style will become. One other thing before I gab on too much is these mixes love earthworms and they love the mixes. I used to add Mycos and Bacs to my soil, but instead I add the earth worms, they're super penetrating containers of fresh live Mycos and Bacs, like the rest of the mix no burn or PH changes, they're cheap too. I have yet to find a plant that won't grow like crazy in these mix's, Bonsai trees, even cacti and I grow some weird shit.:icecool

Life is Good!

Baq

• Like 2

On 11/28/2018 at 2:29 PM, buddah_fingah said:

Hmm Its not quite that simple, i’d say there’s also fragile eco-systems that live inside bat caves that depends on guano as energy source. Every time we mess about in eco-systems we are causing a domino effect in some way, being as self sustainable as possible is the way I’d try to grow weed. 

These giys seem to think there’s issues with harvesting bat guano:

I am part of the team working with Bat Conservation International (BCI) on developing international standards for the sustainable harvest of bat guano. Bat guano has been harvested from caves for centuries and has been put to a variety of uses, including for gunpowder during the U.S. Civil War. Today bat guano is primarily used for fertilizer, both in commercial production in places like Texas and for subsistence farming purposes in places throughout Southeast Asia and Latin America. Guano harvesting can have huge impacts on bat colonies. Bats are extremely sensitive to disturbance, and harvesting guano while bats are roosting can cause pup loss and abandonment of caves. Lack of understanding of these impacts, together with unclear property rights and lack of any rules to enforce have led to unsustainable guano harvesting practices

Wow, that is very interesting, and very cool you are involved in this.

• Like 2

It seems like the availability of guano's has dropped off a bit the past 10 years, as that's what I first used.  But I'd been reading about the ethical harvesting of it, fair trade, etc.

The other side of the equation is in some parts of the world, it's their only livlihood, it's how they feed their families.   Interesting all.  

What if you just got a herd, flock, whatever, of bats,  and turned them loose in your grow room?   Do they eat spider mites?!!!!!!   

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, gardenartus said:

OH! ha ha funny, it was written as if you wrote it ;)

Yeah, I was about to turn him in for plagiarism    lol  

• Haha 3

On 11/29/2018 at 10:21 AM, dieseldog381 said:

I just stand under the bridge at dusk in down town Austin Texas, every night when the million or so bats come out,  holding up a bucket.  

Useful tip, be sure and wear a wide brimmed hat!   

Only been to Austin once and only for about a week but I saw the bats flying out from under the bridge one evening... I think it was in March or April. Sooooo many bats. Crazy sight. 

• Like 1