•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Greetings, Cannabis fans!

I'm back and seeds are a sproutin'.

I opened up my time capsule of a seeds stash, and chose strains by:

1. the kind of weed I think I've been missing and

2. the age of the seeds — The "youngest" seeds I have are over 4 years old.

So far I started:

10 Holy Princess (all popped, but one committed suicide by jumping from my hands when I was planting it in media, and likely fell through a wormhole and is now in another galexy)

5 Cheeseberry — this was half a pack, leftover from a pack I bought around 2012. All popped.

10 Nepalma — so far, 7 have popped, one committed suicide, like the missing HP,  two more are left that I still haven't given up on.

2 Shackzilla — 2 left from a 5 pack I bought in 2012, both popped.

5 Sweet Spot — This is a Santero creation (line 4.3) that was produced in February of 2014. All popped.

5 God Bud (JOTI) — I had these since about 2013, never tried them. I need an indica in the grow, and may add a few from Indican, that he sent me about 4 or 5 years ago.

2 Willie Nelson — These are the oldest. They are Reeferman's original WN — the stuff that takes 18 weeks in flower — and I purchase them before Reeferman's total meltdown, but that still makes them around 9 years old! So far, neither one has popped. I don't expect them to, but I had to give them a shot. When I grew them in the past, they took 4 days after soaking to pop, which is rather long. It's now been three days — I'll give them through the weekend.

The HP and Shackzilla are two strains I feel I've been "missing," even though I never actually tried HP. The description's final words, "Like red fruits on speed," made me realize I miss racy weed. Shackzilla is a longer-flowering sativa dom, which you just can't get commercially in dispensaries.

The WN is one of the speediest weeds I've ever smoked, plus, it's ancient and I need to see if it's still alive.

The Nepalma was put in there because I feel I'm missing Nepalese hash, or something remotely related to it. I realize it's a hybrid. I also never grew a USC strain.

Cheese Berry has an exquisite body buzz, plus it's pretty damned old.

Santero's sweet spot is in there because… because. I'm always harkening back to days of popping Esko strains, and this remix of some Esko work just might be fun.

God Bud is in there because JOTI does have a talent for indicas, and I always wanted to try it. Also, it's about 5 years old.

What didn't make it this time? Smilestyle's Lemon Thai F3. I started thinking I was too sativa heavy, and since these are relatively young seeds

I don't expect to be keeping any males, but who knows. Madmaster lives nearby, and he said something about doing an open pollination with the HP, but I might just hold onto the males and cross them with the best female I find.

The "grow room," or grow region, as it is in this house, is still under construction. I have so many options that I've never had before in my infamous attic grow, that it might be a while before I'm satisfied with it.

Yak atcha later, ladies and gents.

Edited by Misterdirt
thought of something else.
  • Like 18

Welcome back. Very nice lineup, good luck with the grow.

• Like 1

Welcome back Dirt 

cant wait for the show to begin 

awesome line up 

just what OG needs a new grow from an old friend 

joint rolled popcorn made ready 

• Like 2

YOU GO GIRL!! ....er, uh, you know what I mean. 

I found the Sweet spot to need very light nutrients. 

I would try the old seeds (WN) in some H2O2 for about 30 min. Then go to the paper towel or soak another few hours in water first. Don't want to drown it. That or crack it manually. When it's a seed like that I would try it all, lol.

Gonna be fun to watch. I have to build a new room before I can grow again. Best vibes!

peace

mrG

• Like 2

Good for you Mr., best of luck. :tu

• Like 2

Great to see ya back....

looking forward to seeing u in action again..

always enjoy your humor and see your grows..

have a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR..

• Like 1

:dope::punk:

• Like 2

I have something to report: My Willie cracked!

Wait, that didn't come out right.

What I mean is that one of my Willie Nelson seeds, 9 or 10 years old, and NOT kept refrigerated for several of those years, cracked its shell and it looks like a root is thinking about growing out. This is just a slow germinating strain, compounded by the age of the seeds.

If it's a keeper girl, it will have the ability to cause your heart to leap from your mouth, run a marathon, and be back in your chest two or three hours later. Well, that is if you abstain for a few days before smoking it. Otherwise it's just a very daytime buzz — as in, don't smoke it within 3 hours of bedtime.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Further update: Everything germinated — even the ancient, poorly stored Willie Nelson seeds. The second Willie cracked this morning. The only losses were from the Holy Princess and Nepalma seedings that jumped from my hands to die a slow death of dehydration, after germination.

I wasn't expecting 100% germination. I didn't even have to conjure the Reefer Spirits and beseech them — unless those spirits considered the HP and Nepalma seedlings sacrifices. You can never tell with them spirits.

• Like 5

After some dumbass occurrences, the girls (and boys) are doing well.

The main bit if dumbness involved using 4 year old spongepots that were dry. I softened them up with warm water, but the roots still had a problem penetrating. About half of them pushed themselves out of the spongepot instead of putting the root through the spongepot. OK, lesson learned (again — I'm a slow learner). So the Nepalma and God Bud, in particular, seem about a week behind the rest.

Holy Princess, Cheese Berry, Sweetspot and Willie Nelson are starting to show their preflowers. I initially had the notion that I'd keep some males, but I just haven't had the time to set up anything to keep the little fuckers quarantined.

One WN is a boy, the other is a girl. They are both in one pot, at the moment, in the upper left part of the pic. The girl is in the center of the pot, and her taller brother is to her left side. Since these are some of the last representatives of a discontinued strain, with little chance of ever being recreated, I haven't axed the male yet. I think I'll take a clone before removing him from that pot.

They're just in Pro-Mix with a little organic 5-5-3 and dolomite, at the moment. This will probably be just a jungle of a grow, to find a mother or two and get an idea of the way these plants grow. I will probably do some LST on the Shackzillas to make the most of their giant-cola ways.

Now I have to build the permanent grow room, which some real estate agent, in the hopefully distant future, will be explaining to a prospective home buyer. ("Yes, can you imagine? It was not fully legal back then!" Or will it be, "Yes, can you imagine how many plants they let this geezer grow? Now that we know it really IS a 'gateway drug'…")

4wks_wholetent.jpg

• Like 6

Looking very nice, Misterdirt. I think you should hit the God Bud with Willie Nelson and call it God's Willie. And I would be happy to test it for you. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Misterdirt Please make seeds with the WN and the Holy Princess, I want to swap you for some of those.

Best,

Baq

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baqualin said:

@Misterdirt Please make seeds with the WN and the Holy Princess, I want to swap you for some of those.

Best,

Baq

I'll see what I can do to keep him.

I'd also like to grow out some of @smilestyle's Lemon Thai f3 seeds, and cross it to one of those girls.

Keep in mind WN is an 18-week strain, sometimes more. It takes dedication, or the ability to let a few plants just go while moving other plants in and out of the flower room/tent.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Misterdirt said:

I'll see what I can do to keep him.

I'd also like to grow out some of @smilestyle's Lemon Thai f3 seeds, and cross it to one of those girls.

Keep in mind WN is an 18-week strain, sometimes more. It takes dedication, or the ability to let a few plants just go while moving other plants in and out of the flower room/tent.

I'm aware and a LOS guy, which makes it easier to run the long flower Satty's. FYI, I have some Vietnam Black X The One (BOEL, the original)/Panama and a couple Red Thai crosses that you would love. Once in Colorado I'll be throwing out some shit! So glad your back, our taste are pretty similar!:)

• Like 2

Baq beat me to it.. I was going to say the same thing.. make some beans please! lol. 2 nice strains worth preserving, for sure. Good to see you growing brother! I bet your giddy with it all. Best vibes to you and green 'em up!

peace

mrG

• Like 2

i am eager to see how things develop over at your place, mr.D B)

you have great taste and i bet your selections will ROCK *woot*

• Like 3