•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Definitely NOT the two phenos I have, which might be called a green cabbage pheno and a purple/black cabbage pheno. Now I want #2 pheno. Looks much easier to trim!

After being away for almost a week, I was kind of expecting to see a lot of cloudy and some amber trichs! No such luck, yet. Those supposed 8 week and 10 week strains might be facing the axe this weekend — or at least some of them will. I still see lots of clear. Definitely some cloudy — like 25%+ on the Holy Princesses.

The Willie girl seems to be putting on serious bud weight. Pics later today. One or two might be having their final portraits taken. The only thing holding me back from mass murder, aside from the lack of amber trichs on many plants, is the thought of having a zillion plants to trim, all at once.

• Like 2

Take your time, no need in creating a crazy load of work. Split it up, take the top half of some plants and let the bottoms go a bit longer. Can’t wait to see some harvest pics. 

• Like 3

That's what I always do. I'll cut the top out first and give the bottom half another week. It depends on the structure. Nice Kush "poles" are easy to trim and I'll do the whole plant at once.

How was you trip Misterdirt? Seems like we had sun, snow, and rain since you were here, at least down this way. You must have just gotten home.

peace

3 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

That's what I always do. I'll cut the top out first and give the bottom half another week. It depends on the structure. Nice Kush "poles" are easy to trim and I'll do the whole plant at once.

How was you trip Misterdirt? Seems like we had sun, snow, and rain since you were here, at least down this way. You must have just gotten home.

peace

It was pure work from start fo finish. I definitely did not schedule enough time for this one.

I HAD to check out a dispensary, just for the hell of it — even though I had enough weed for the trip. The first thing I noticed is that weed is much cheaper than MI. There was a 420 special, so I got an eighth of a sativa dom (I'd say about 60% sativa) called Mob Boss and an eighth of some indica dom. Both were said to test at >28% THC. Mob Boss was very good, and it burned to white ash. It had some slight moisture in the middle of the buds. The indica dom was total shit. Dry and seemed old. The potency might have been 28% at one time, but this shit was either stored poorly or it was fucking old. Tossed it.

The weather was good for field work, but I didn't actually see mountains until Wednesday. I was beginning to think I was in Kansas with weed.

• Like 1

I always check the dates of harvest and package. I’ve noticed that most stuff on sale is pretty old. I’ve even seen 5 months between harvest and package date, usually very dry, and harsh. 

• Like 2

That's common with the glut of pot. I've gotten shitty dried out pot before. Good places will let you look at and smell the bud you will buy. Others have it prepackaged already so they can sneak it on you. They give you a big bowl of fresher bud to smell. Good places are transparent. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

That's common with the glut of pot. I've gotten shitty dried out pot before. Good places will let you look at and smell the bud you will buy. Others have it prepackaged already so they can sneak it on you. They give you a big bowl of fresher bud to smell. Good places are transparent. 

Out here, all MJ must be packaged and sealed before the shop gets it.  They have containers for you to smell the bud, but they can’t have any loose flower in the shop. The dates are the best way to determine what you are getting.  

Shops here package their own weed. But every gram has to be accounted for in inventory. So, shops can manipulate it here a little. Usually that type of weed is what you get on happy hours or specials. Just like a restaurant. The older stuff or stuff that's been in the shop for a while. They have to keep rotating to keep interest up.

The freshness date is good to know! We don't do that in MI, because the supply isn't there yet. No weed is going to sit around for 6 months. That's the reason it didn't occur to me to look. When I did look, back at the hotel, the good shit was dated this month, the shit shit was dated from September! (And apparently in some shoe box in a hot attic. Before this grow, my last grow was spring of 2015, and i still had weed a year and a half later, and it wasn't dried out cannabis dust.)

The purple/black God Bud lost its main cola in a garden clipper-related accident. Somehow, a clipper got close to the main stem and next thing you know, the cola was detached and trimmed, before anyone could stop it, or take a pre-chop pic. That clipper has a mind of its own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The Willie is starting to bulk up. This is one of four colas. It shows that some long-flowering sativas DO have nice buds. These are actually looking bigger than the ones I remember from ten years ago. They were mostly thumb-sized buds. Must be a different pheno.

One of the Shackzillas looks done, along with the Holy Ps. Could be trouble when my clipper finds out.

IMG_4992.jpg

• Like 7

It was a horrific sap bath. Not an HP left standing! A Shackzilla murdered in its prime!

I never would have gotten through the trimming without the help of a certain moderator, who I won't name, but his initials are Madmaster. I'm stoned as fuck on scissor-hash, and I smell dinner, so pics might have to wait a few minutes. Or an hour.

But really, what is time?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Here are a few of yesterday's girls.

The first two are Holy Princesses. Sort of a classic Christmas tree shape. The second one, good ol' Holy Princess A, was the biggest. C, the first, has the deepest scent. Next are a few lower buds and main cola of plant A.

A Shackzilla was taken down. The last two photos are the whole plant and either a lower bud or one of the many mini-colas on the plant. She was pinched back once during veg, and stayed a very manageable height, as did her sister, who is still alive and kicking.

All damage to fan leaves is from the 8 hour death-ray treatment.

Now I'm going to go down to my grow shop and look for a product called Miracle Dry And Cure Formula, open the bottle and wait a few minutes for it to do its magic.

HP-C12wks.jpg

HP-A12wks.jpg

HP-A12wksLB.jpg

HP-A12wksMC.jpg

SZ12wks.jpg

SZ12wkLB.jpg

• Like 9

Nice looking crime scene, Misterdirt. I love the long sativa fingers on the WN. Looking forward to the report on that one. Also like the square grow bag maximizing root space. Never thought to calculate, but I wonder how many cubic inches are gained over the round bags.

• Like 1

The square bag is labeled "5 gallons," but it really takes about 6.5. It only stays square at the base. You might be able to tell that at the top it's round. It just doesn't have the structure to stay square once there's something weighty in it.

I have a few of them, and they're the biggest containers I have. Excellent for big producers, like Shackzilla. But I plan to run my next Shackzillas in Octopots. I expect that would be a bin-busting harvest.

• Like 3

Have you had HP before??? If not, your in for a treat. One of my top 3 for sure. I miss having it.................:(

The Shack looks fantastic, I need to try some of that already..............

• Like 1

No, this is my first run of HP. 

Harvest slowed down considerably since Edward Scissorhands was helping trim yesterday. After work I trimmed one plant — the Sweet Spot on the right in the first pic.

This plant makes me want to run the pack of Esko's Chocolate Mix I have stashed away. Cocoa Kush is a great addition to everything it's crossed with.

I was just thinking, the Sweet Spot on the left witnessed it's pot-mate get chopped — and it's still in the tent now, mulling over the events of the day. Is she scared, or is she saying to herself, "Ah! At last that soil-hogging bitch is dead!"

Anyway, it's clear that there is serious frostification involved with Sweet Spot. Two more still live, but not for long.

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

frostificationSS.jpg

• Like 10

Another Sweet Spot down and trimmed. This is the one on the left in the picture above.

I'm high as fuck on scissor-hash at the moment, so if I just trail off...

IMG_1358.jpg

SS-B.jpg

• Like 9

A different pheno to its roommate?

That is a very good looking plant.....

7 hours ago, JetDro said:

A different pheno to its roommate?

That is a very good looking plant.....

Yes. This one had somewhat colorful leaves and a more intense scent from the Cocoa Kush. The single SS still standing seems to be similar, but about a week ago it started producing more new flowers, so I held back on the axe.

• Like 3

I took a few terrible pictures of the last Sweet Spot. I'm almost done trimming her, and she produced a decent amount of nuggets for her size. I didn't realize how shitty the pics looked until now. Too late to retake.

All my Sweet Spots look scrawny, but that's because all were sharing pots: Two in a 5 gallon and 2 in a 3 gallon. They would probably have similar yields to Holy Princess if they had their own pots.

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

SSBLB.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to your "take" on the HP . Please post up in here when you sample it.      :)

^^^^Same on the Sweet Spot. I'm really interested in yours and what smells and flavors you end up with. I have more seeds.  

Mine had very little smell and not much taste either. But they got seeded so it could have robbed the plant of all the energy to build terpenes and put it on the seed making.

I've been hoping for some for real chocolate pheno anything. I've had terrible luck the Choco Kush. All males. I have two more started and my last chance. I have a few crosses with CK as a parent. I have to get with SAN and see if I can trade for a few more of those seeds... if there are any more. I'm going to save pollen from the males I end up with. I know I have one, almost ready to flower, and 2 more seedlings with hope for a girl. If not, I'll collect that pollen too, and mix it it if I get a girl and get some seeds. I need to ask SAN his advice. Hope yours turns out stanky and tasty. 

I'll find my pics for Sweet Spot. They were cola heavy girls with nice structure. Open and little to trim. I was frustrated with everything about that grow. Environment was a huge factor as well. All things that can be remedied. 

peace

• Like 1

Give Cocoa Kush crosses, with Esko's male, another shot if you get the chance. I've never had one that didn't smell great.

Unlike just about every living human who has tried Chocolate Rain, that's the one CK cross I don't care for. Smells great and is powerful, but it turns my brain into sludge.

• Like 3

I chopped the Cheese Berry a few minutes ago. She's a taily beast. All tails, really. Not my favorite bud structure, but I had one of these phenos before. She was good smoking — incredible body buzz. But I've seen CB with great, rock-like buds, so those phenos exist (or existed).

The scent is sweet and fruity, but not unusually strong. It appears that I did some slight trimming of the bottom of this plant, early on. Once the tent became a jungle, I never got in there to trim bottom leaves and branches at all.

The plant she's sharing a 3 gallon cloth pot with is one of those zany Nepalmas. The last pic is the Nepalma. I expect all of the Nepalmas will be coming down this weekend, along with the last Shackzilla. The Willie girl will just spread out and finally rule.

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

• Like 12