•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

18 minutes ago, Misterdirt said:

I'll be pulling all the plants out of the tent for pruning, hermie inspection, etc., tomorrow. I'll get pics of all of them, including the Willie girl

She's the only plant that hasn't spent much time on bud development. I think it was 4 weeks in 12/12 before I saw buds start developing, last time. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks.

I also might grab a few lower branches for additional clones. A few Nepalmas hadn't shown their flowers when I took cuttings from the rest. And you KNOW that one of those plants would be the super-killer keeper of the grow if I don't take a cut.

And if you clone them.......................of course they will be rubbish...........................................better safe than sorry however...............good call! lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

I also might grab a few lower branches for additional clones. A few Nepalmas hadn't shown their flowers when I took cuttings from the rest. And you KNOW that one of those plants would be the super-killer keeper of the grow if I don't take a cut.

I learned that lesson.

It was sort of a mad rush yesterday, getting ready to leave town for a week on biz. I did get a couple of pics of the Willie Nelson girl.

She's about 75 cm tall (2.5 feet) from soil surface to top. As you can see, nothing much in bud development. The pistils are pretty obvious.

There's only about one more week of stretch, except for this girl, of course. I hope she doesn't get too close to the sun.

IMG_4713.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

• Like 10

I took a few pics of some of the other strains, then ran out of time so they're not all accounted for.

The first two are of a Nepalma that took an injury to its main stem early in life, so it has 4 main tops now. The third pic is another Nepalma, who wasn't abused as a child. She shared a pot with another, which turned out to be male, so she seems pretty happy.

The fourth pic is a Holy Princess.

The fifth pic is a Nepalma and a Cheese Berry, sharing the same pot. The Nepalma is taller.

Finally, a couple of Sweet Spots, sharing a pot and smelling very sweet, so far.

I spared some lower branches, because I may have to re-take a few clones when I get back. Until then… see ya.

IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4702.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4707.jpg

IMG_4711.jpg

• Like 17

They look great!

Baq

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 12:25 PM, HUFFnPUFF said:

hows the cb smell? 

A little skunky, like UK cheese, but the scents aren't well developed yet. Except for the God Bud, which is very piney.

• Like 2

Today marks the beginning of week 5. This is a group shot, taken yesterday. Some are starting to fill out. The Willie is forming buds now

The Willie Nelson plants I grew, years ago, had buds about the size of a thumb, from the joint to the tip, and smaller. I picked them back a lot more back then, so the three top buds on the 4 main branches might be bigger. I've seen pictures, posted by a guy who used to post on Reeferman's old site, with giant colas. I don't expect to see that, this time around. But her clone is doing well, along with the two male clones.

IMG_4759.jpg

• Like 13

I see a trimming party in my future...

:D

• Like 1

Just now, Papalag said:

Mr d awesome job as usual 

I admonished myself to try not to do anything stupid for this grow. Of course there was the 8 hour UV light bake, but they seem to have forgotten about that. Half an hour a day doesn't phase them.

I also somehow snapped the main stem of a God Bud. The green twist-tie hanging from the top of the tent is holding it up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, madmaster420 said:

I see a trimming party in my future...

:D

I was hoping you could be called in.

• Like 1

Looking stellar, @Misterdirt! Man, they are about to get fat. They are prime to finish strong, looking happy and healthy. Very nice!

peace

• Like 2

I'm impressed with the speed of Holy P. Right now, they smell like C99, but "creamy." I had a C99-leaning Chucky's Bride that looked and smelled quite similar, that was a major heart racer, so I'm thrilled so far.

The Willie Nelson is developing. You can see that it concentrates its flowers into roundish-oblong buds, rather than the wispy flower structure of some tropical sativas. I imagine that trait is from the Nepalese sativa parent, but I have no idea what Vietnamese blackseed plants looked like.

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

I'm impressed with the speed of Holy P. Right now, they smell like C99, but "creamy." I had a C99-leaning Chucky's Bride that looked and smelled quite similar, that was a major heart racer, so I'm thrilled so far.

The Willie Nelson is developing. You can see that it concentrates its flowers into roundish-oblong buds, rather than the wispy flower structure of some tropical sativas. I imagine that trait is from the Nepalese sativa parent, but I have no idea what Vietnamese blackseed plants looked like.

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

Oh, Man, loved Willie Nelson weed, takes me back!  I only had Vietnamese a few times, back in the day, circa 1971 or so, never had anything quite so devastating since, it was like green acid.

Smoking Holly Princess now, "creamy" is a good description.  Mine is very "cherry", like the old Luden's cough drops.  HP is NOT my favorite high of Esko's three way project with Cheese, Santa Maria, and C99.  I found it to be too narcotic for my tastes, just kind of a confusing "BAM!", that hits you between the eyes, that weighs me down more than I like, completely different from my Chucky's Bride, which is a perfect daytime smoke, a touch speedy, but without the paranoia raciness of the C99.  

I've always loved Brazilian genetics, like White Widow, or Lowryder 2's, but the HP missed the mark for me a bit.  Fabulous smelling and tasting weed, just not my favorite type of high.  

• Like 1

Smell Report:

God Bud: Still strong pine. Also, the pistils on the pink-pistil pheno are drying and turning red already. This might be a fast one.

Sweet Spot: Very similar scent to Esko's Chocolate Cheese, but maybe a touch sweeter.

Nepalma: Aside from the Willie Nelson girl, these girls are the slowest developers in the tent. There is an undefined sweet or fruity scent, mixed with a hashy scent, but… The buds are least developed (aside from WN, of course) so I expect things to change.

Holy Princess: These gals are all varying degrees of "pineapple cream." My favorite Chucky's Bride smelled like this, and none of the others were anything like it.

Shackzilla: I haven't rubbed a leaf in a while, but last time it was vaguely sweet and hazy. I don't remember my previous Shackzillas at this stage of growth, but toward the end they were just spires of thick, giant colas (one big cola got hit with bud rot). So far, these plants do not look like they will grow that way (buds are rounder and have not yet grown together into a cola).

Anyway, thrilled to death if I have a keeper Sweet Spot. I lament the loss of my keeper Chocolate Cheese.

• Like 5

I'd love to see and hear about your Sweet Spot. I tried it but got off to a bad start and they all suffered. Mine ended up without much character at all. I was in a new grow space and the environment was never right.

Now I think I have to drop a couple of the Sweet Spot crosses that landed at the Cozz place. Maybe Mr G (wink wink) has some input on which one.

Don't grow it on my recommendation until I smoke it. But Sweet Spot has a scent similar to Chocolate Cheese. It should, since CC accounts for about 50% of its ancestry.

It's hard to compare to strains I haven't grown in years, but this might even have more of a chocolate scent than CC. But REGARDLESS, at least three highly trained heads will be judging whether to keep any of the four.

One of those trained heads, who happens to be another phenotype of my parents (I'm not sure if either one of us would qualify as a keeper), better lay off the fucking wax for a few days in order for his opinion to be worth anything.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

It's 5 weeks and 2 days into 12/12, so here's a little update on the strains less grown in the tent.

The first pic, assuming they come up in the order I uploaded them, is the Willie Nelson girl. Exactly the kind of leaves you'd expect from an 18 weeker. The character/structure of the buds is great, as long-flowering sativas go.

The next pics show the variation in bud structure of Nepalma. I sure hope the two with the nicest bud structure turn out to be keepers, but who knows? Most have hybrid-looking leaves, but one with what I would call the poorest bud structure has wide, indica-like leaves. Several of these plants look like good candidates for hash production.

In all fairness, Nepalma is a 12 week strain. These gals are only about 1/3 through flower. Still, it's clear that some will look much nicer than others.

Observations on using death-ray UV t-5 tubes:

Some strains put up with the punishment without complaint — like Nepalma. No burn at all on them from the 1/2-hour per day treatment. The Willie is similar.

Shackzilla has some leaf burn, but they stay dark green and don't want to let go of the stem if you try to pull one loose.

Holy Princess and Sweet Spot both suffer more, BUT I think it's because they were slightly nitrogen deficient after a couple of weeks in flower. When I mixed the soil up, I put fewer nutes into the soil for most Holy P plants and Sweet Spot, thinking that Esko strains and strains developed from Esko strains would want fewer nutes. So all those plants suffered, EXCEPT for one Holy P that accidentally got a larger dose of nutes.

So anyway, if using death-ray UV bulbs, nute-up!

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4787.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

Edited by Misterdirt
  • Like 8