•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

It does smell good in the tent, but the filter is holding up well. I got an oversized carbon filter and a highly adjustable fan to find the sweet spot and keep the fan going just enough to keep the scent from being noticeable. 

The main scent, as you might guess, is from Holy Princess — pineapples and cream. The others are really masked by it, and you only get an idea of their scents by rubbing a trich-covered leaf.

• Like 3

Try to ignore the blood blisters and check out the size of some of the calyxes on these Nepalmas. Weird buds, for certain, but I'm intrigued. I had to squeeze a couple of them to make sure they didn't have seeds in them.

IMG_4900.thumb.jpg.3ead7885b06b89f9ae9c6222b9a41263.jpg

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

• Like 8

Calyxes are weed nectar. Little balls of terps and cannabinoids. :smoke

• Like 1

I'm hoping for the best.

3 of them have giant calyxes, the other three have rather small ones. I assume the giant ones are inherited from the Nepalese indica, the small ones from Panama Red. Maybe I'll inquire over on the USC area of the forum.

• Like 1

It seems that buds with larger calyx are more potent, but that’s just my limited experience. 

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Larger calyx means more surface are for trichomes to build, without adding a lot of chlorophyll filled plant material. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justcozz said:

It seems that buds with larger calyx are more potent, but that’s just my limited experience. 

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Larger calyx means more surface are for trichomes to build, without adding a lot of chlorophyll filled plant material. 

When I grew Jalisco Jaze, that was exactly the case.

My two females had the same scent and generally the same structure, but one had larger calyxes and it had that "gummy" feel to it, even after it was dried. The large calyx one was powerful as fuck, the other one was OK in potency.

• Like 3

I'm afraid I have some good news and bad news, Willie Nelson fans.

First the good news: I have TWO females to choose from!

The bad news: My male turned out to be a female.

I had taken two cuts from the "male," and I noticed that on one of the cuts had a remarkable number of pistils coming out of the tip of the plant. So I took a look under a lens at the other one, and it had a few round, almost ball-shaped flowers with white pistils sticking out of them. I was hoping the female cut was actually the male, but I was right on that one.

I think a combination of wanting a male and the odd shape of these flowers made me project masculine qualities onto this plant.

The closest thing would be to cross them with @smilestyle's Lemon Thai, which will be started sometime this summer. Also maybe the Lemon Bubba, to get an indica boost into the situation. I'll also be starting Pineapple Fields, but that cross doesn't excite me, for some reason. Too many phenos, too much of a polyhybrid.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Misterdirt said:

The closest thing would be to cross them with @smilestyle's Lemon Thai,

that sounds like a good plan!

• Like 1

While drooling over the frost covered, but not amber trich covered plants in my tent, it's time for me to reflect on lessons learned and lessons relearned, because it's been 4 years since my last grow.

Lessons learned:

1. Don't burn the fuck out of your plants with UV.
  2. Burning the fuck out of plants with UV can mimic Mg deficiency.
  3. Just because you burned the fuck out of your plants doesn't mean they can't ALSO get an Mg deficiency later.
  4. Some strains can take a lot of UV, some strains can't.
  5. Make sure plants are not deficient in anything, especially N, when burning the fuck out of them with UV.

Lessons re-learned:

1. Esko strains smell great. And a lot.
  2. Esko strains might require less nutrients, but not THAT MUCH LESS nutrients.
  3. Hit them with nutes 6 weeks after repotting for the final time.
  4. It doesn't hurt to put more than 1 tbsp dolomite per gallon of Pro-Mix into the soil mix.
  5. It's still not a bad idea to have Cal/Mag lying around the house.
  6. Sometimes very young female flowers look like male flowers.
  7. It's real easy to break a branch.
  8. If you take a break from growing for a few years, there are going to be lessons re-learned.
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

...If you take a break from growing for a few years, there are going to be lessons re-learned.

ah ok,thanks for the advice ! i might need it for the future ....i was thinking ,it´s like riding a bycicle lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, saxo said:

ah ok,thanks for the advice ! i might need it for the future ....i was thinking ,it´s like riding a bycicle lol

It is, except sometimes your shoe laces get caught in the chain wheel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tuck that right pant leg in your sock and keep roll’n. Ride hard and no breaks, 4 years of not growing was the first lesson learned. :punk:

• Like 4

I stopped for only a year............................was like learning to walk again..........................:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Run out of smoke at a bad time. You'll be amazed at how fast you can get it back together then! 

• Like 1

Trich inspection this morning seems to indicate a Sweet Spot might be the first to be chopped. A few trichs clouding up. All Holy P's have clear trichs, though the buds look done on most of them. It's a waiting game. In fact, God Bud, Holy P and Sweet Spot all look done, until you pull out the hand lens.

• Like 4

Hey MrD. If you are having a problem making a man out of WN, send a cut my way. I have just what she needs to get her in line. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We're a day past 9 weeks. I'm pretty sure nothing will be chopped before 10 weeks, from the looks of the trichs.

Just so I can bring some with me on a work trip in a couple of weeks, a branch or two might weaken and detach itself from a plant or two. These things happen. In fact, it happened to a bud of Cheese Berry. The CB doesn't have the typical great scents Esko strains have — something I ran into last time I ran it. But it does kick ass in the potency department — which I also ran into the last time I ran it.

As I recall now, after a cure, it had almost no scent, except for a mild hay-like scent. I overlooked it because of the fantastic body buzz that would roll through my core and out to my limbs. It also had buds mostly made of tails, like the pheno I have now.

• Like 1

Stop playing with our emotions... give us some pics ;) 

Willie Nelson x Lemon Thai should be rocketfuel. For a more relaxing effect I would also consider a a berry strain like Atomic Jam (NAW). The purple pheno I had was as strong as the  2 green phenos I head. But any lemon thai  male I used , had a more intense high and a louder taste than any blue male I used. I Love Lemon Thai. Malawi gold x Lemon Thai had a citrus spicy taste.

Atomic jam

DSC_0093(3).JPG

• Like 7

Is the Lemon Thai an available strain on the market? And, if so who is a good source? 

That Atomic Jam is pretty! It's one of theirs I still don't have. I chose Blackberry Haze instead on my last buy. hen They started finding herm problems in the line. So, I'll get the Atomic J next.

@smilestyle My next seed run will include some of your LT. Males will be crossed with the Willie Nelson. I'm also thinking of crossing @santero's Lemon Bubba with it. 75% electricity + 25% Bubba Kush sounds like something I would enjoy.

OK @oldschoolsg, a few pics from this morning.

Just so you know the Willie Nelson girl I'm flowering is healthy, here she is, still in her "teen years." She has about 9 weeks to go. When some of her Holy Princess tent mates get the axe, she'll have a more central location in the tent.

The next pic is the Nepalma that is starting to show amber trichs. I'm not chopping her yet. Maybe this weekend, when she's been in flower 10 weeks.

The next pic is the most sativa-leaning Nepalma, in structure. I have a feeling she will go longer than 12 weeks. She and the Willie will be bunk mates.

The fourth pic is the top bud of a Holy Princess. Trichs are mostly clear, but some are starting to cloud a bit. no sign of amber.

The fifth pic is the same plant, lower bud.

The sixth pic is the top of a Shackzilla cola. I would think she's staying in there another 2-3 weeks. The shackzilla ladies are still actively putting on weight.

The last pic is the very top of God Bud "A". Her sister is starting to look ready (supposedly an 8 week strain, and it's week 9.5). This one will probably go by the 11th week.

And that's the show for now. I'm getting trimming snips warmed up.

WN4-10.jpg

NP4-10.jpg

NP-satty4-10.jpg

HPA4-10.jpg

HPA-L-4-10.jpg

SHZ4-10.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1