•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Looking like you haven't forgotten a thing about growing Dirt! The girls are all looking stellar. 

peace

• Like 1

Looking great mr d

i never grew out God bud by it self the god bud x heri I grew went 9 weeks 

You mean you believe the false  advertising by the breeders and god knows they never lie 

:punk:

3 hours ago, Papalag said:

Looking great mr d

i never grew out God bud by it self the god bud x heri I grew went 9 weeks 

You mean you believe the false  advertising by the breeders and god knows they never lie 

:punk:

The flowering times people give tend to work for cuttings, not from seed.

I don't know how it will work here, but in my old grow room, with nights that went down to 50 F on a regular basis, starting from seed added at least a week, and the cold nights added at least a week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Those tops look good under hps. I´m jealous . Nice strains, good growing. I wish you "deep" and long ride with Willie & friends.

Smile

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smilestyle said:

Those tops look good under hps. I´m jealous . Nice strains, good growing. I wish you "deep" and long ride with Willie & friends.

Smile

I'm sure you will be kept informed! I've been wanting to put the LT in a grow for several years now. Having these WN plants pushes looking for an LT male to the top of my list.

If the results are good, anyone here interested in a long-flowering sativa (hopefully shorter than the 18+ weeks WN likes) will have it, maybe even as an official freebie, if Sannie is inclined.

• Like 2

18 weeks is a long time. I’d love to try a strain that goes that long. But I don’t know if I’m capable of keeping the environment in the room stable that long. I have a horrible feeling I’d screw them up. I’d have to start flower from seed to even have a chance...lol

1 hour ago, Justcozz said:

18 weeks is a long time. I’d love to try a strain that goes that long. But I don’t know if I’m capable of keeping the environment in the room stable that long. I have a horrible feeling I’d screw them up. I’d have to start flower from seed to even have a chance...lol

I did it once before, about ten years ago. I'm much more able to keep a long-flowering plant now. Back then, I only had a 7 month window to grow, so an 18 weeker definitely messed things up. But literally anything I cross it with, that I have quick access to, will shorten the flower time, so figure it will be much shorter than 18 weeks. 

@gardenartus It's something you have to try. Not growing it, but smoking it.

And is it worth it? Definitely not economically. And given that I like WN, but haven't tried to grow it out in ten years, that should tell you something right there.

• Like 1

I'm with you Dirt. I want to get some sativa going and then find a good match to shorten the flo time a bit. My environment will be the trickiest thing, too, but It can happen. I have a lot of it figured out I believe.

I got a taste of JC's cross that has the Lemon Thai in it and I realized what I had been missing. It brought back some good memories. If you get that Willie linked up to a good male I'll take you up on testing it out. :icecream: The Willie sounds really nice, too. I read a good description somewhere. And, I love Thai. I believe Baqualin was bringing some Vietnamese Black with him or a strain or two with it... from Gas at Swami Organic Seeds. Fun will be had and the new test center will be born! buwhahahahaha!! 

18 weeks is a long time, but I'm going on a Sativa grow bender, you can count me in. I made a trade for some Hazeman Chocolate Thai, gonna see what I can do with it.

• Like 2

Hell yes! I'll be wanting to do some horse trading with you by next year! I have to jump in. 

Baqualin was bringing some Choc Thai crosses with him I believe. He has lots of the great sativa genetics from Swami Organic. Old school Thai and Vietnamese Black.... It would be so good to get a few mother plants of killer sativa in the mix. Then I could begin to make something happen around here. I have some old Mexi landrace seeds with no info, just a bag of seeds of what is supposed to be old school mexi sativa. Lots of stuff starting this summer! It'll be like going back to my high school years and starting all over again!

peace

• Like 1

No matter how often I look at my plants, it just doesn't seem to speed them toward ripeness. I just don't get it. Maybe if I check on them now it will do the trick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Go look again im sure they got bigger!!

lol

• Like 1

MrD you need to sneak up on them 

quietly :ph34r:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Papalag said:

MrD you need to sneak up on them 

quietly :ph34r:

I know. The bring out the clear trichs when they hear me coming down the stairs. Little bastards.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Hell yes! I'll be wanting to do some horse trading with you by next year! I have to jump in. 

Baqualin was bringing some Choc Thai crosses with him I believe. He has lots of the great sativa genetics from Swami Organic. Old school Thai and Vietnamese Black.... It would be so good to get a few mother plants of killer sativa in the mix. Then I could begin to make something happen around here. I have some old Mexi landrace seeds with no info, just a bag of seeds of what is supposed to be old school mexi sativa. Lots of stuff starting this summer! It'll be like going back to my high school years and starting all over again!

peace

Baq must be busy with his move, hasn't been around for a bit

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

Baq must be busy with his move, hasn't been around for a bit

He's here getting settled in I believe. He has a good friend out with him I think. Might be gone by now. I talked to him on Monday during the basketball playoffs. He says he really like it. I'm hoping to get up with him around my birthday on 4/20 but the dollar bill fairy seems to have not gotten the memo. I have to come up with something creative. 

If I can, we'll go up and meet up with Mr Dirt when he gets out here. I'm hoping to pull it off. It would be a hoot.

peace

• Like 2

After an extensive trich survey this morning, I've come to the conclusion that nothing will be chopped this weekend (end of week 10). Magnification shows seas of clear and mostly clear trichs. The only amber trichs seem to be on leaves, and there aren't many.

If I were still living in Totally Illegal Land, depending on myself for reefer, I probably would sacrifice a plant or two, at this point.

Amazing that an "8 week" strain is going at least 11 (God Bud). That might be a record for me. They smell great, but won't produce much. Hope they're better than good.

• Like 2

I spoke too soon. One Holy Princess (or, using my pet name for her, good ol' HP-E) has about 10-20% amber trichs on main buds. One of the God Buds was in a similar condition (good ol' GB-B).

Here are their pre-execution pics. First the Holy Princess. Classic Christmas tree shape. The next two pics are the main cola and a lower bud. The crispy leaves are from the UV over-exposure.

The God Bud is a classic indica cabbage, and this is the "stretchy" one. The next pic is from the top and the last one shows a few lower buds. The curling leaf edges that you see are pretty much the only effect the UV over-exposure had on this one. The other one has a little more damage, but not much.

The God Bud did not get its ideal growing conditions, being the shortest girls in this year's graduating class. She wants to be in a SOG, about 16 in my 5' x 5' tent. It would be interesting to see what would happen with a classic short, squat indica in an Octopot. Maybe we'll find out.

HPE-10wks.jpg

HPE-maincola.jpg

HPE-lowerbud.jpg

GB-B10weeks.jpg

GB-Bfromtop.jpg

GB-Blowerbuds.jpg

• Like 9

Isn't it amazing how some of these breeds, no matter how long you take them, the leaves still stay green.

• Like 1

Yes. Seems to be small indicas that stay looking "beautiful" into their old age. This is an Anesthesia I grew out about 7 years ago, just before chop. One of her parents was a classic cabbage-type.

Anesf1rs.jpg

• Like 7

True, it looks like it probably did at the time of flip I. 

That Holy P looks great. I bet it smells insane with that girl in the house. I haven't had it straight up yet, but I know the taste and smell. With every cross I've had with her involved, she is the dominant flavor/smell. I figure it's like a louder Chucky's? It looks to have some nice weighty buds, too. Enjoy!

peace

• Like 1

The buds are nice, but it's a small plant. I don't expect much more than an ounce and a half or so.

This was a seed run and a get-to-know-the-strain run, so they were all allowed to grow as they normally would — except for Shackzilla and Willie. If I were growing HP again (surely there's something worth keeping around out of 5 girls?) I would veg it 8 weeks and either SCROG, train, or some combination. One of the others (HP-A) is huge by comparison to her sisters. I hope she also kicks ass.

• Like 2