•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
GreenRussian

Please Help! My Shackzilla is dying...

Hello guys,

I am an organic soil grower. I am reusing my soil and since my last 2 grows I am having this problem with my shackzillas. The last grow the leaves got crispy and nearly died, I got fluffy buds.

And this grows it is happening again. I am giving them zinc and magnesium, because I think it is a zinc and magnesium deficiency.  I flushed them all 2 weeks ago with PHed water 6.5 and I am checking the PH every second day and the PH is on point, you even don't need to check with Sannies method.

And I also have sour kushes (from usc), that are standing in the same pot size , same soil, same water, same PH, same food - they are getting everything the same as the Shackzillas and they look perfectly fine.

But now I have my doubts about zinc and magnesium, because the sour kushes look amazing (see pictures!) and they are getting the same .

This problem is coming from the top of the leaves (the bottom is perfectly fine) and slowly spreading to the middle, but most of the damage is on top.

So I'm kinda lost.. what to do...

I am now at day 15 -12/12

last grow they looked really bad from week 4 got crispy and kinda died 

nutriets: Sannies bacto, Sannies tablets, Biobizz, soil: Plagron bat mix, and I am spraying them twice a week with sea-90 minerals and trace elements.

IMG_5548.JPG

IMG_5556.JPG

IMG_5557.JPG

IMG_5558.JPG

IMG_5567.JPG

IMG_5568.JPG

IMG_5569.JPG

IMG_5570.JPG

IMG_5575.JPG

IMG_5629.JPG

IMG_5635.JPG

IMG_5636.JPG

IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5638.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

sour-kush.JPG

sour-kush2.JPG

I'm not real sure, but with just the tops being affected, I'm thinking maybe the lights????? What is the temps at the top of the plants?  When are you spraying them? If you are spraying when the lights come on, it could be a combination...too intense light on wet leaves can cause issues. Just some ideas to think about. 

• Like 2

Hi Justcozz,

I am spraying them 10 minutes before the light goes off. 

i am using opticlimate so the temps and humidity are on point, i have an infrared camera that is measuring the temps of leaves all time and its stable at 73.4f

i am using gavitas pro 600w they are 32 inches away from canopy

and the other half of room is with cxb 3590 led 400w 43 inches away.

i am so confused what is happening because, if you look at 2 last pictures these are my sour kushes and they are perfect same room same  light but much closer to the light and no signs.

• Like 1

Hi bro at first I thought zinc deficiency 

but in looking at the other leaves  my thoughts are heading towards nitrogen toxicity possibly 

green is very dark 

can’t really tell 

don’t want to lead you in the wrong direction 

good luck 

• Like 1

I am growing Shackzilla's too atm and i am experiencing issues also. What worked for me is hanging the lamp higher than i am used to. So i am with Justcozz: it could be the lights.

• Like 1

"It might be a tumor"

It doesn't look THAT bad, but looks a bit like light burn.  These kind of questions are  why I never re-use soil anymore, too much guess work.   I'd water it and see where it goes, they're awful green, so ditto on the nitrogen.  If it does get worse, my rule is to start over, flush the heck out of them, then add back what you want.  But these don't look anywhere near that yet.    I've set my pots  in the bath tub and just let water run over it for 10 minutes, I want the medium stripped, the idea is, then I know where I'm starting from and don't do more harm.  Never had one that didn't respond to this, and always add back my magic fairy dust, aka, Azomite, great for plant stress.    

Raise the light, water them, and see if it helps.   I see a great harvest in your future!

• Like 2

i flushed them like 10 days ago completely  and started from zero. but these signs won't go away. My first thoughts were light stress so i put all my light to max hight possible same time when flushed. 

and with leaves beeing to dark i grow now with Sannies tabs for more then 8 years and the leaves always get very dark no matter what strain.

• Like 3

Dd381 is correct on reused soil 

I did that for 4 years always had some sort of issues no more used soil for me 

peace 

papalag 

i understand what you are saying, but i have always reused my soil without any problems until i started shackzilla 6 moths ago from clone and as wrote look at last 2 pictures sour kush same soil looks amazing. 

Hamme Hydro

How? what would i need to look for?

• Like 1

The sour kush does look amazing 

I often have some issues with sativa dom strains (always something little ) 

but shack I’ve never tried so I can’t say 

like dd381 said she don’t look so bad  

i see a lot of dankness in your future 

Peace 

papalag

i see a lot of dankness in your future 

i don't know about that my last grow with these ladies was horrible i used 4000w and got 2.7pound thats around 0.07 pound per plant and they were soo fluffy. they look exactly the same as last grow and In 2 weeks will get yellow and crispy  

• Like 1

Stop spraying them for awhile and see what happens, they don't need it.  Hmmmmmm, yellow, crispy, and fluffy sounds like nute burn.    

Yeah, I re-used soil early on without any issues, until I did, then had a bad grow, and decided right then it wasn't worth wasting 4 months for $40 bucks of ProMix.  

Might just be strain dependent, too, some like more, some less.      

• Like 2

dieseldog381

the soil that I used for my first shackzilla run was brand new and still had same issue.

what I mean by yellow and fluffy is the leaves that you see on the picture will get more yellow and then crispy.

2 minutes ago, GreenRussian said:

dieseldog381

the soil that I used for my first shackzilla run was brand new and still had same issue.

what I mean by yellow and fluffy is the leaves that you see on the picture will get more yellow and then crispy.

10 days ago i flushed them hard soo they are at zero and the new growth has still these damage 

it has to be some kind of light stress?

If you’re using 4000 watts 

how  big is your area and how many plants ?  

It just may be light stress  

do you have a dimable ballast ? 

If so dial it down 

hammie ‘s got a good plan give it a try 

4000w was last run

This run its 3000w

all ballast are at minimum which is 600w and every lamp is covering 5x3 foot

the leds are covering 4x4 with 400w but are dimmed to 50% atm

the room is 17 foot x 8.8 foot but I don't use the whole space as growing area 

I didn't understand what Hamme Hydro was saying, what is it going to tell me If i leave the lights off for 1 day? 

Please state your temp and humidity hi and lows.

I see you foliar with lights on.  I would stop that.  What are you spraying?

If you can raise lights or reduce intensity try that.

I am thinking the plant is sensitive and issue might be several issues causing a domino effect of issues.

Please explain what you did to prepare your soil.

When it's difficult to pinpoint an issue, always go back to the basics.

• Like 1

Hempyfan

temp max 78.8f  min 68   humidity 76%

I am spraying with sea-90 minerals and trace elements just before lights go off.

when preparing the soil I added worm hummus and Sannies tablets and mykorrhiza

You can over do the sea90. What is your foliar spraying frequency

I believe that is also sensitive to the light but do not 100% recall.

I do know if you're solution is to strong or if frequency of use is to high and/or over saturated plants can cause issues.

Have you added sea 90 to your soil, your compost or to your worm castings.