•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Just now, gardenartus said:

You did Bonsais? Do you have any pictures, would love to see them. Griot makes beautiful Bonsai, I asked him how he does it, says they just grow like that for him lol lucky dog ;)

Yes I do, will post up some pictures tonight when I get home, I have a few I’ve been working on for almost 30 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gardenartus said:

You did Bonsais? Do you have any pictures, would love to see them. Griot makes beautiful Bonsai, I asked him how he does it, says they just grow like that for him lol lucky dog ;)

He's pulling your leg, you have to train them to grow like that and it takes years of trimming and wiring branches for it to become a true Bonsai and if you ever stop training it will revert back to it's natural form for it's environment, I have a Japanese Maple Sango Kaku that I've been working on for over 25 years and last year the leaves finally came out tiny in scale to the tree size, I almost gave up on it and was going to stick in the landscape, but the damn thing finally decided to make a change, so I'll continue to work on it till I die. I studied under a Bonsai Master here in Lexington for a few years, I would go over and work a day freely every now and then just to learn the art. 

Best,

Baq

• Like 5

Wow very cool, you have done some really neat things in your life. Yea he doesn't do as you, he has a small cab, and it is cannabis plants, but they look like bonsai, he doesn't actually try to make them, they just turn out like bonsai.  I tried it, killed the poor baby lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gardenartus said:

Wow very cool, you have done some really neat things in your life. Yea he doesn't do as you, he has a small cab, and it is cannabis plants, but they look like bonsai, he doesn't actually try to make them, they just turn out like bonsai.  I tried it, killed the poor baby lol

Oh I see, that's not Bonsai, if you look at it that way we all do Bonsai if you grow indoors, especially in Octo's.:) A true Bonsai is a miniature version of a full grown tree, they look the same only a foot tall instead of 100 ft. You can train in many different styles, such as wind blown, where a tree that grows in an area of really high wind will have a wind swept look in the wind direction, you see these along rocky coast and high rocky cliffs, I show you in some pics. It teaches you patience. Science and Nature has always been my passion, hell my dad changed my diapers in the woods while he was squirrel hunting, I was just a baby and he had a little shoulder pack he would carry me in, that's why I became a Geologist, have worked in that for 10 years, owned a full line pet store, sold sporting goods fishing and hunting as an independent rep. and I'm also a Master Taxidermist, along with many other things in my 65 years, I've really had a blessed life, not rich, just blessed with great family, great people and great opportunities.

Baq

• Like 4

On 2/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, gardenartus said:

Ok, @gardenartus here ya go, I'll post these then get off Paps thread!

Here's my back yard, pic was taken a few years ago, This is some of what I will miss about Kentucky.

Second picture is an Azalea that's over 60 years old, it started as a full size bush around 6 ft that I dug up on a neighbors landscape job over 25 years ago, so I've been working on it for that many years, I post another picture of it in full bloom when I find it.

The third pic is a Ginko tree that I started from a cutting no bigger than a pencil taken from a huge Ginko here in Lexington over 25 years ago, the picture was taken 8 years ago when I was ground training to increase the trunk size, I have a recent pic of it that I will also post later along with my Japanese Sango Kaku maple.

I removed my logo from the pictures, so that's the blur look in the lower left corners. I think I will start a separate picture thread for people to show other pics besides weed.

Baq

Backyard.jpg

Hot shot Bonsai.jpg

Ginko.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 9:41 AM, dieseldog381 said:

Ok, Jet, I'm sold on Octopots!  Should I buy through you in case you're on commission?   :)

I'm going to get one for a Sannie's Jack I've got in veg, looking forward to trying these things out.  I miss soil grows, DWC has just been SO easy with my schedule, and not having to haul all  that dirt around the house, lol.  

LOL funny, yea Jet has a few extras for sure lol

4 minutes ago, baqualin said:

Ok, @gardenartus here ya go, I'll post these then get off Paps thread!

Here's my back yard, pic was taken a few years ago, This is some of what I will miss about Kentucky.

Second picture is an Azalea that's over 60 years old, it started as a full size bush around 6 ft that I dug up on a neighbors landscape job over 25 years ago, so I've been working on it for that many years, I post another picture of it in full bloom when I find it.

The third pic is a Ginko tree that I started from a cutting no bigger than a pencil taken from a huge Ginko here in Lexington over 25 years ago, the picture was taken 8 years ago when I was ground training to increase the trunk size, I have a recent pic of it that I will also post later along with my Japanese Sango Kaku maple.

I removed my logo from the pictures, so that's the blur look in the lower left corners. I think I will start a separate picture thread for people to show other pics besides weed.

Baq

Backyard.jpg

Hot shot Bonsai.jpg

Ginko.jpg

OMG just stunning! I feel like I stepped into a magazine lol Amazing, just gorgeous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi OG

i wanted to post a few pics  

watered using fish fertilizer and kelp juice and they just loved it .It seems that they grew 1 whole inch over night 

@Sunnyvale here’s a pic of sugar punch not sure what pheno ? Maybe you can tell 

@Misterdirt I mixed the soil (small batch here’s a pic of what it looks like 

the shiva dawg stems are showing a  rhubarb color and vigorous growth There is 1 male so far and he’s going in the flowering room soon 

mota’s lemon gas lush and filling in nicely  it’s back ground is swamp gas x lemon G / lemon Thai 

the rockcandy kush is I bit behind we shell see what happens so far 1 runt and slow growth 

shiva dawg ( santero)

9DA0EF27-FF7F-40CF-9CB9-A9215A6AB825.jpeg

Sugar Punch ( Sannie)

AA751580-9F09-4BF5-9932-B8C2907F0C30.jpeg

Lemon gas x91 chem (Greenrebel mota’s new line 

AB1F682B-4574-45A8-900E-3B11CFB0FBDC.jpeg

@Misterdirt soil mix just for you bro 

A6C47DCA-0C23-44BC-BF7F-214E51FC60B9.jpeg

Rockcandy kush ( motareble)

CF8993BE-2E39-46AF-A45F-495328247174.jpeg

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

@gardenartus hi there 

I only have 4 octopots so Iam picking a mom of each I’ll clone what will go in to the octopots 

I don’t have room to keep mom around long but I am going to try 

I figure if I try to keep them small maybe I can keep them around a while 

thanks for stopping by my friend 

peace 

• Like 2

Looking good! A few weeks before Octo usage.  I could not tell much difference in the SP's I have run, until near the end of the stretch, or into early flower. Will not matter much, I have run maybe 20 SP seeds, NONE were anything other than excellent.  SP's are VERY stout growers once full on veg or the stretch starts.  Every one I have grown has had 2x to 3x stretch.  I have never run one in the OCto's(have not had SP seeds in 2 years) but I know the SP will just kill it in there.  I will not be that far behind you. I have seeds up today, and by Friday all that will be up. I will let them veg till they show me sex, then take cuttings. I figure I am 5 weeks out (prolly 4 weeks to show me sex, another week to root the cuts) from my next Octo grow. You will only be a few weeks ahead of me.

WHAT soil did you settle on? See above it is mixed, looks "loose" enough in the pic. What you going to feed them again???

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan :)

I feel for you all who can't keep moms. When you find that awesome pheno but can't reproduce it, bummer. What I do is keep making new clones, so I can keep the moms small. When they reach a certain height, I take new clones and dump the moms.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@JetDro thanks 

iam using happy frog added bone meal and blood meal and bat guano a little azomite and mycorrhizae I don’t add a lot for every 3  five gallon bucket of soil I add 1 cup of everything but the azomite and mycorrhizae 

i like the pro mix gardenartist uses but still have a good deal left 

this should be an interesting grow 

1 hour ago, Papalag said:

@JetDro thanks 

iam using happy frog added bone meal and blood meal and bat guano a little azomite and mycorrhizae I don’t add a lot for every 3  five gallon bucket of soil I add 1 cup of everything but the azomite and mycorrhizae 

i like the pro mix gardenartist uses but still have a good deal left 

this should be an interesting grow 

Be careful, I have found Happy Frog was a bit hot for young plants, at least in regular pots it was. May have been an isolated incident, Im no expert on it, but I had issues.

After this round of Octo grow, I am cutting back on the feed a little. I think Im going to cut back to 3/4 tblspn per gallon on my next run.

I have run the Octo's with 2 different soils. My "super" mix, with all sorts of stuff in it, both products you mention, and more, and with my simple 4 part mix. I saw no difference, and when pulling the ladies when it was all over, I see why. So many roots in the water, they must be taking pretty much all they need from the res. The roots in the res were large,  and prolific, and it appeared to me that is where they get most of their nutes. I could be very wrong, but my last 5 runs have been in the simple soil, and next batch I make will have even less worm castings in it. I have had no issues, and have been re using the soil. Clean out all left over roots, through in big bucket, mix it all up, back into the pot's. I have NOT amended it in 2 years, why I also think the res is where it is at.

I really have learned a bunch since switching to soil/100% organic.  The plant strains I like to grow appear to like very low levels of food.  I think next run I am going to cut the worm dirt in half, and lower the TTF ratio in the res.  Error to the side of underfeeding them see the reaction.  I have seen so many journals with great bud grown, with very very little food, I want to give it a try.

Hey..................you only threw down 1 Sugar Punch.........................WTF...................................lol...........................

• Like 3

Looking great man, good luck for the rest of the grow. I can't get octopots in Oz, no-one will even consider sending them here which is a shame.

Cheers

Well that sounds like you have an open door....

contact octopot through email and ask why they don't sell them in OZ. Maybe it's a license or patent thing. You just might be the guy they need to help expand. Introducing the New Australian growing method "Halforc Pot" 

just a thought, but never hurts to try

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi @JetDro I’ve used a bunch of super soil recipes and fine them all too hot 

I fine if I don’t watch it i tent to add too much is the last round I cut back on everything and slimmed down the recipe( kiss simple  stupid lol) I’ve used ocean fooand found it way to hot to build on 

this round I’ll use up the happy frog and see what happens 

plants are starting to sex now so soon I’ll build the system and fill the bags 

so far 3 males no girls time  will tell 

@Halforc thanks for stopping by 

I’ve heard of a ABC  (Australian bastart colection ) from down there that’s very stealth the leaves don’t even look like cannabis seen pic on IG do you have any info on it ? 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 6:04 PM, JetDro said:

Be careful, I have found Happy Frog was a bit hot for young plants, at least in regular pots it was. May have been an isolated incident, Im no expert on it, but I had issues.

After this round of Octo grow, I am cutting back on the feed a little. I think Im going to cut back to 3/4 tblspn per gallon on my next run.

I have run the Octo's with 2 different soils. My "super" mix, with all sorts of stuff in it, both products you mention, and more, and with my simple 4 part mix. I saw no difference, and when pulling the ladies when it was all over, I see why. So many roots in the water, they must be taking pretty much all they need from the res. The roots in the res were large,  and prolific, and it appeared to me that is where they get most of their nutes. I could be very wrong, but my last 5 runs have been in the simple soil, and next batch I make will have even less worm castings in it. I have had no issues, and have been re using the soil. Clean out all left over roots, through in big bucket, mix it all up, back into the pot's. I have NOT amended it in 2 years, why I also think the res is where it is at.

I really have learned a bunch since switching to soil/100% organic.  The plant strains I like to grow appear to like very low levels of food.  I think next run I am going to cut the worm dirt in half, and lower the TTF ratio in the res.  Error to the side of underfeeding them see the reaction.  I have seen so many journals with great bud grown, with very very little food, I want to give it a try.

Hey..................you only threw down 1 Sugar Punch.........................WTF...................................lol...........................

EWC's will not burn, you can open a bag and plant right into it, you can't use too much. One mistake a lot of people make in LOS is not letting the mix set long enough to become bio active.

Baq

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

I am so dumb I had to look up what EWC is lol Reminds me of social media and all the lil intials ha!

This is the second time you’ve had to look it up.:)I need to keep an eye on you.:nerd

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baqualin said:

This is the second time you’ve had to look it up.:)I need to keep an eye on you.:nerd

hahaha OMG I am dumber then I thought lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Papalag said:

@Halforc thanks for stopping by 

I’ve heard of a ABC  (Australian bastart colection ) from down there that’s very stealth the leaves don’t even look like cannabis seen pic on IG do you have any info on it ? 

Haha nope, never heard or seen it but am now certainly intrigued!! I found this though if you'd like a read https://friendlyaussiebuds.com/strain-reviews/australian-bastard-cannabis-abc/ .

Pretty interesting, not sure how much truth is in it but seems legit. Thanks for opening my eyes to it mate, will keep an eye out in the bush now haha.

Cheers

• Thanks 1