•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

On 10 February 2019 at 10:29 PM, Justcozz said:

Well that sounds like you have an open door....

contact octopot through email and ask why they don't sell them in OZ. Maybe it's a license or patent thing. You just might be the guy they need to help expand. Introducing the New Australian growing method "Halforc Pot" 

just a thought, but never hurts to try

Now that's a great idea... Cheers Justcozz:D.

• Like 1

Ok og I got thrips so I sprayed them down with neem oil suggestions would be appreciated 

so short of burning down the tent and all my plants I hope Iam on the right track 

Papalag 

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Papalag said:

Ok og I got thrips so I sprayed them down with neem oil suggestions would be appreciated 

so short of burning down the tent and all my plants I hope Iam on the right track 

Papalag 

Monterey garden insect spray - OMRI listed and works good on thrips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spinosad

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, baqualin said:

Spinosad

Spinosad is good stuff!  

I use Mighty Wash on spider mites, think it works on thrips, too, totally wipes them out in one spraying.  Of course my plants glow with this weird, orange, nuclear looking light for 3 or 4 weeks, but what's a little radiation poisoning if it kills the little bastards?!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10 February 2019 at 10:29 PM, Justcozz said:

Well that sounds like you have an open door....

contact octopot through email and ask why they don't sell them in OZ. Maybe it's a license or patent thing. You just might be the guy they need to help expand. Introducing the New Australian growing method "Halforc Pot" 

just a thought, but never hurts to try

So I did what you suggested Justcozz... and lo and behold they actually got back to me and said they are looking to expand internationally:rofl. The problem is, that they have asked as to my experience (in marketing or selling online i guess), which at this point is zero. I'm not exactly sure how to respond now as i wasn't expecting a response, but I'll just send them an honest reply back and try and sell myself or maybe some actual grow shops we have down here.

Thanks heaps again for the suggestion mate, I guess at worst I may be able to give them some contacts or avenues into the Australian market, but I'm thinking they'll just cut me off when they realise I don't have my own shop. Not that I never implied that I do have a shop or anything, simply just expressed my enthusiasm and willingness to get the octopots in Oz.

We have a huge gardening culture down here, and from the research I've now done and the reports on here, I reckon they would prove to be very popular. It'll be a huge win just to get them available here, which is really all I want. Any advice appreciated and wish me luck mate:D.

Cheers

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Misterdirt said:

Talk to your grow shop or shops. Maybe they want to get in on something good.

Yeah good plan Misterdirt, I've dealt with a couple recently as I'm setting myself up, and I've got a bit of an idea from that as to who has integrity and who doesn't.

Cheers

I'll shut up now, apologies for jacking your thread Papalag.

Peace

Edited by Halforc
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Halforc said:

So I did what you suggested Justcozz... and lo and behold they actually got back to me and said they are looking to expand internationally:rofl. The problem is, that they have asked as to my experience (in marketing or selling online i guess), which at this point is zero. I'm not exactly sure how to respond now as i wasn't expecting a response, but I'll just send them an honest reply back and try and sell myself or maybe some actual grow shops we have down here.

Thanks heaps again for the suggestion mate, I guess at worst I may be able to give them some contacts or avenues into the Australian market, but I'm thinking they'll just cut me off when they realise I don't have my own shop. Not that I never implied that I do have a shop or anything, simply just expressed my enthusiasm and willingness to get the octopots in Oz.

We have a huge gardening culture down here, and from the research I've now done and the reports on here, I reckon they would prove to be very popular. It'll be a huge win just to get them available here, which is really all I want. Any advice appreciated and wish me luck mate:D.

Cheers

That is great. They asked for experience, but I'm sure they know that enthusiasm for the product is what really works. I'd continue to build a relationship with them as well as some of the larger nurseries and garden centers in your area. Grow shops are great also, but don't just target the cannabis industry. You don't want the octopot to be known as a great weed growing tool, you want it to be  a great growing system that can be used to grow all vegetables and plants. It just happens to work extremely well for weed also.

good luck, hope you can do something with it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Halforc said:

I'll shut up now, apologies for jacking your thread Papalag.

Peace

Oh yeah. Sorry Papalag!

Jeez, what a bunch of stoners.

• Haha 3

Hey Paps, gave a friend one of my extra Octopots to try out. He has a small room, told him veg for one month, it will be the only plant you want to grow lol I can hardly wait for him to grow a plant out. I am so excited for all you who are trying this out for the first time. They will actually reach a point in growth, you can see it from one day to the next! :)

• Like 2

Hi gardenartist I am a few weeks away till I clone can’t wait to see the octo magic 

ok OG ‘s the first little girl appeared one of @santero ‘s shiva dawgs out of 4 seeds 1 male and 1 female so far 

back to the thrips  I thank  all for their advice ! all I had on hand was neem oil so I sprayed them 4 times is 2 days top and underside of the plants they’re small so it’s easy to handle , I notice that when they were under attack by the baby thrip army the leaves drooped in the morning, today when I looked in they were happy   . I watered and fed them  

Here is a group shot and a close up of the classic female pre flower 

paps 

Photo taken with phone sorry 

1C7D76EE-4FB0-49AD-A8B8-5E880D7D4462.jpeg

423E4C7B-AB3B-442D-88B6-FF62178D00E3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I fought them frickers for a year, finally did the nasty Captain jacks lol no more thrips, I was getting bugs from my grow shop in the Promix, switched shops, they don't buy in huge bulk and store like the other place, no more bugs. Every time it seems I would get gnats, white fly, thrips, something out of the Promix. Tried to tell them they stored it wrong, wouldn't listen, so I just went to a different store, issue solved.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Halforc said:

Cheers

I just had a long conversation with C. from Octopots regarding Colorado and working something out with them as an independent rep. I have him interested and will say more once I get things pinned down. I told him how we had an Angel here on OG from Michigan that was probably his best sales person @gardenartus and mentioned you also in the conversation, no names of course since I don't know them, just a guy from Australia. He was tickled when I told him we had formed an Octo crew, super nice guy. I think I sold him with the 30 years of sales and marketing experience, we'll see.

I would suggest that you go to your grow shops and some garden centers and see if you can strike interest, then stay in touch with them, could be a good opportunity for you . 

Baq

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi all OG’s just a pic of my sugar punch love the leaves and structure 

2BCD935E-94BD-4D17-A683-A8AD6BD6660E.jpeg

F9E2C409-48E5-42A3-8236-41A8EE2094E2.jpeg

• Like 3

I like what I see so far.

• Thanks 1

That plant is going to go nuclear in the Octopot................you better be prepared for it................................:)

So, plan is to take cuts of the lil ones to stick in the Octo's still???? 

I am going to take 2 times the cuts I want, and attempt to root a cut directly inside the Octopot, with a dome over it. If they do not take,

I will have the others in my reg clone box. If they do take, I KNOW what will happen, and I AM prepared for it...................

Ready to see the new Octo grows already......................................

• Like 2

Hi jet I plan on doing the same  and I’ll keep the moms only for a short while before I cull them I’ll take small clones to try and keep them around but I really don’t have the room for moms one day I’ll get to expand but now it’ll just cause a divorce lol 

• Haha 1

Hi gardenartist the ones I ordered came with a dome attachment 

going to give it a try 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Papalag said:

Hi gardenartist the ones I ordered came with a dome attachment 

going to give it a try 

OH COOL............................post up pics of it so I can copy the thing..............I am making my own from coat hanger wire and a giant Ziplock...............

The REASON I want to attempt the root in the Octo is , and GA may remember this plant, but 2 years ago or so I had a Goji that I placed in at about 8 days old.

Thing went insane, took a whole  corner of a 10 x 12 tent, and I have NEVER seen a plant react like that. I noticed all my best runs have been starting with lil ones.

The root system they develop when forced to go deep at an early stage, really sets up the flower.......................JMHO

• Like 3
  • Haha 1