Hi guys 

well I received 4 each 6 gallon octopots for Christmas and let the fun began 

line up 

Sannies sugar punch 1each 

@santero shiva og 4 each

motarebel ‘ s rock candy kush 4 each 

Green rebel, lemon gas x 91 chem 3 each 

going to try for 1 lady each and make some seeds to keep around 

all in shot glasses for the night then paper towels till tap root is at least 1/4 inch then rapid rooters in solo cups  , then in 5 in x 5 in sq pots till sexed then into. octopots 

:evil:

95243ED7-FEB3-4F2B-831F-214914BD8ABD.jpeg

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 12

Hi @Hamme Hydro octopots are a wick system that combines soil and a water reservoir 

@JetDro did extensive report on them her on og 

and @gardenartus has been singing there praises for years 

ill post some pics soon 

• Like 3

Great genetics for the new year! Gonna have some dank man. Lemon gas x 91 chem sounds promising af.

• Like 1

Ok  after 24 hrs in shot glass and straight into paper towels 

All seeds have cracked with a 1/4 inch plus tail and will be in rooters later today with the exception of sugar punch she cracked I see white but no tail as of yet 

100 % cracked 

i use a heat mat and it really speeds up the process 

the lineup was a bit different up until I checked the mail 

I did have Madberry by Sannie and bogs sour bubble  ready to go but I was waiting for the package from mota for a contribution to a fund raiser for LORAN who has cancer if  any are at all interested check out green rebel on IG 

mota won out very interested in seeing what the rockcandy kush is like  hopefully I’ll be able to make seeds this time just for future stock  

well peace all 

• Like 3

I was thinking of getting a few of those and experimenting.

• Like 1

Hi @Misterdirt I saw what @gardenartusand @Jethro I believe did with them and thought it was worth the time and they were on sale so hell why not 

i have a 40” x 40” tent 4 will fit ,  the plan is to try for 1 &1/2  lb 3 x a year will be plenty of meds for us  only been able to get up to a 1lb  conditions being optimal 

peace 

• Confused 1

A pound in that space doesn’t sound too bad, imo.  I’ve never hit close to what the square meter yield claim is in a 28x 50 space, but got 12 oz one time of Kali Mist, 12/12 from seed in one gal sea of green, total pain in the butt in small space, lol    

Im going to play with leaf stripping on a few runs, makes sense in a space you’re trying to get light to all the bud sites  

Good luck,looking forward to seeing your octopots   

• Like 2

Hi @dieseldog381 I’ve only hit that twice 12 to 14 on  average doing 9 plants in a scrog and major bending and defoliating  with a long ass veg period 

and it’s a pain in the ass to take care of  so I figured if I cut down the amount of plants ( 4 octopots only ) and veg longer  

plus the fact the increase growth from the octopots I am thinking bigger buds so it could be possible to increase the yeild also big fan of mainline or fluxing technique of training so what the hell cant loose 

still going to get some dank ass weed 

Back on track 

the sprouts FCF9CD86-3BD7-4ED8-ADF3-17DFC633D3D1.thumb.jpeg.de3f712d1a02c5fb481a7a99b0da7fa3.jpeg

• Like 5

My largest take in the Octopot was 19 Os, and I think about 5 of popcorn bud, That Is ONE plant. Yes It Is Worth it. My friend she on a normal basis pulls at the least 12, she normally grows pounds.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

I was thinking of getting a few of those and experimenting.

I jumped on the band wagon and picked up 4 Octopots to try out when I set up in Colorado, @gardenartus made a believer out of me. I just checked their website and they're still on sale!

Baq

• Like 4

Hello octo- crew 

ok still have not set them up 

still if flower with a soil grow last of the 2018

going to use happy frog mix with a few additional goodies 

the video I watched said to mix 40 % perlite into the mix and pack the soil in firm 

can’t wait 

so back on track 

pick of the rapid rooters 12 hours after the little one went in 

sugar punch just went in  today 

all but 3 broke ground 

E07CF2EE-C774-4E4F-85E3-64A4450D0EFE.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, shiskaberry savior said:

Garden I have to ask are those numbers with extended veg time ? I’d be jumping up and down if I could pull a lb a plant with a 20 day veg on clones ! 

Pounds are easy with veg time. I Keep my plants smaller, like you I grow perpetual and grow medium to large size plants and pull a few a month. I put mine in smaller so I pull about 6 to 8. If you put much veg time on these, they literally outgrow your rooms. So you need space if you veg, or do a lot of bending and tie down.

Any of you guys can grow a pound in these with a little veg time, you just need the room space.

I am tickled, you all are gonna be in for a surprise.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, shiskaberry savior said:

Garden I have to ask are those numbers with extended veg time ? I’d be jumping up and down if I could pull a lb a plant with a 20 day veg on clones ! 

Yes, they veg a LONG time...I can't wait that long LOL.

I give my Indicas 3/4 weeks after getting their first real leaves..they are usually 16/18 inches tall.

I like to and always hope for 1.5 oz. per plant with 30 plants in a 5X7 room with 2000 watts of lighting..my goal is 2 lbs. per grow x 6 grows a season.

12 lbs and still summer outside if my son don't weed eat..lol….same plants otside give me 10/16 oxs. per plant..i have been growing 8...

good luck my friend

• Like 3

Transplanted today in to solo cups this will be there homes for 2 weeks then into 5 x 5 plastic pots till sexed 

at 3 weeks I’ll put sugar  punch (fem seed ) in the octopots 

had 100 % gemination but I killed one  today damn stupid mistake 

peace 

• Like 5

No actually with the Ocotopots if you veg for say 2 to 3 weeks, they will be huge. When everything running right they go in at 6 to 8", you still pull 6 to 8. If you gave them a month veg time, you will pull a pound.

• Like 2

I'm watching this one!   Been looking at the Octopots myself, as I miss guano grown weed!!  

Funny how we all keep changing up and trying new things.  I think the bottom line is most of us old hippies love anything that says "organic", which is why I always kind of chafed at hydro weed.   Our first super weed around here was hydro "sensimillia" grown by some Eli Lilly tech heads for $400 an oz 25 years ago.  And this shit was killer, to this day, I swear it was dusted with something, as you could hallucinate on it.  Word on the street was it was seventh generation clone hydro weed, and no one paid $400 for anything back then, unless you saw God smoking it.       

I switched everything to DWC just for the simplicity and speed of the things, and I can leave it for days without any issues, been a lot of fun to play with, too.  I made a wicking setup similar to Octopots awhile back called Duoponics, two totes inside each other, with a big old rock wool wick cut into the bottom of the top tote, reservoir and ayirstone in the bottom one.  But I've been growing garden stuff in grow bags, and am impressed with the aeration of the roots on these things.

The only thing I wouldn't try again is aeroponics, except in a cloner, which was fun to make, and works awesome!   But in a large reservoir with big plants?  Uh, no.     Can you spell C-L-O-G?   

Best wishes for a great grow to you!  

• Like 2

Hi @dieseldog381 their  still on sale at there web site 

I am afraid I may need a taller tent it’s only 60 inches tall 

but that may be a good thing 

• Like 3

You bend, tie, spit and say mind me plants lol, I bend a lot and tie down, works well, you end up with large colas.

• Like 2