•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

1 hour ago, Papalag said:

Hi all they seem to like the octopots. Woo Hoo 

the 2 oldest ones have been topped today and fed I brought the water level up a notch  

i think I may not run lemon gas in the octopots they still have not shown roots through the rooters 

so I feel I am loosing time and if I don’t switch gears I’ll miss some beg time 

so I just might leave the mom in the tent and up pot Shiva dawg #1 to the octopot 

ill trand plant the lemon gas to a 2 gal fabric bag and be done with it 

any comments will be appreciated 

They look GREAT bro! I would switch gears on the lemon gas................the cuts in the ocoto's are about to go CRAZY...............you will not want to be that far behind if they have not even thrown a shoot out yet. You can run it at a later time................just what I would do.

WHAT r u planning on the plants in the Octopot's???? You gonna top, n top, top...........end up with a giant bush......................or going with 2 main colas, 4 main cola's....what r your plans.

I am THINKING about mainlining mine..................IF I can................will set me back 2 weeks, but will really fill in my available space. Not sure of that, but thinking of it. Will have to see just how far "off" the alternating branch's are.................it is all suppose to be done on 1 "hub" ......with the clones already throwing alternating branch's, I cannot quite do it exactly as it is suppose to be done. I will figure it out.

You are about to see the Octo Magic...................right in front of you. Like I said, SP ought to kill it in the pot's!! I BET you ALREADY like what your seeing............................:)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JetDro said:

They look GREAT bro! I would switch gears on the lemon gas................the cuts in the ocoto's are about to go CRAZY...............you will not want to be that far behind if they have not even thrown a shoot out yet. You can run it at a later time................just what I would do.

WHAT r u planning on the plants in the Octopot's???? You gonna top, n top, top...........end up with a giant bush......................or going with 2 main colas, 4 main cola's....what r your plans.

I am THINKING about mainlining mine..................IF I can................will set me back 2 weeks, but will really fill in my available space. Not sure of that, but thinking of it. Will have to see just how far "off" the alternating branch's are.................it is all suppose to be done on 1 "hub" ......with the clones already throwing alternating branch's, I cannot quite do it exactly as it is suppose to be done. I will figure it out.

You are about to see the Octo Magic...................right in front of you. Like I said, SP ought to kill it in the pot's!! I BET you ALREADY like what your seeing............................:)

Hi bro I am really liking what I see already they seem to be beefing up every day !  I am going to switch gears and up pot my shiva dawg #1 clone they’ve been in a solo cup for a fer days so it should be good to go 

if the clones of the lemon gas root I’ll run them in solo cups and keep one as a mom for another time 

I like the mainline idea I did that a while back and had good results but now with the octopots I think I’ll do a modified version ,but I I’ll set up the scrog net next week for sure. When I mainlined Or fluxed them depending on who's name you go by  they were in 3 gal bags easy to move in and out for training not now lol

I did top the 2 bigger plants and will keep topping till the screen fills in ( I love the look of a filled canopy) how long to veg depends on how quickly the screen fills 

the lemon gas really pissed me off she may take 20 days to root and a week to hit the Rez well next time for that one 

if I do try her for next time I’ll start that one at least 2 weeks befor the others 

the genetics look awesome in that one lemon gas is lemon Thai and swamp gas x 91 chem  it just seems to be a bit fussy and time is moving on and I am out of weed so this show needs to get on the way 

I did find some green crack from a friend and it’s really good for a Cali grown import lol 

i really like what I read in the label of the urban farms veg food it’s got all the good stuff in it so I am throwing out all the old bottles ( I may keep the cal/ mag around ) 

so that’s it for now 

peace my friends 

9 minutes ago, Papalag said:

Hi bro I am really liking what I see already they seem to be beefing up every day !  I am going to switch gears and up pot my shiva dawg #1 clone they’ve been in a solo cup for a fer days so it should be good to go 

if the clones of the lemon gas root I’ll run them in solo cups and keep one as a mom for another time 

I like the mainline idea I did that a while back and had good results but now with the octopots I think I’ll do a modified version ,but I I’ll set up the scrog net next week for sure. When I mainlined Or fluxed them depending on who's name you go by  they were in 3 gal bags easy to move in and out for training not now lol

I did top the 2 bigger plants and will keep topping till the screen fills in ( I love the look of a filled canopy) how long to veg depends on how quickly the screen fills 

the lemon gas really pissed me off she may take 20 days to root and a week to hit the Rez well next time for that one 

if I do try her for next time I’ll start that one at least 2 weeks befor the others 

the genetics look awesome in that one lemon gas is lemon Thai and swamp gas x 91 chem  it just seems to be a bit fussy and time is moving on and I am out of weed so this show needs to get on the way 

I did find some green crack from a friend and it’s really good for a Cali grown import lol 

i really like what I read in the label of the urban farms veg food it’s got all the good stuff in it so I am throwing out all the old bottles ( I may keep the cal/ mag around ) 

so that’s it for now 

peace my friends 

You will NOT need the calmag................I have not seen THE FIRST PLANT OR LEAF issue in ANY of the run's I have made in the octopots. The pot, the way it works, and the TTF/TVF WORKS!!! AS YOU SHALL SOON SEE> G.A. found the stuff, she and I have run it...........no need to change a thing...............SHE got it RIGHT the 1st time! HOW she picked this stuff is beyond me, but ALL my MJ plants will be grown on this stuff from now on.

Send me your addy again..........................I can help you with your problem..................lol.........................:) What friends are for ........................right...........:)

I have never run a "screen" ...but it looks cool............................maybe show me what your doing, I am running 4 pots this round, COULD do a screen........................would like to see how that works. You said you will keep topping UNTIL the screen fills in..................I do not see any such screen in your pics...............PLEASE post up how you do it when you mount it..................:)

• Like 2

It makes sense that a tomato food would take care of calcium and magnesium. Tomatoes are fucking calcium hogs.

• Like 4

That is really nice ferts for cannabis. I love the fact you don't need to mix 12 bottles or have to use supplemental, it does it all. The only thing I use is Orca in the res, Mykos in soil and at times I might use fish emulsions. But basically it is so complete and easy, you don't need anything else but it. Plus is it is So Affordable!

• Like 2

It actually seems too easy the whole set up octopots and ttf or ufv ! Set it and let it alone what a concept! 

Mow I have too much time on my hands maybe I’ll go fishing lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My pots landed last night. My trip got cancelled, so I’ll be filling a couple of pots today as well as transplanting everything. I want to start a couple of seeds in them as well as a couple of cuts. It will be cool to see how both do in the pots. 

I put one pot together last night. Super easy. I am too excited to see these things in action.

• Like 3

Ok guys and gals and

fellow octo-crew  very impressed with what I see 

in a few days they seem to have gotten bulkier 

DE2FF901-8638-40A0-AF08-333E552F3C33.jpeg

47737695-1331-4A54-BC25-EC6342C1DA36.jpeg

6536EB68-49BA-449B-9394-9410FECF5B86.jpeg

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 2

Ok what to do 

the lemon gas is now 16 days and no roots are coming through the rapid rooters but open them up and you see roots  now I am determined to root these bitches I feel like taking some out of the rooters and put them directly into soil and the others re dip them in clonex and put them in the rooters again and some just leave alone and see damn stubborn plant 

comments and suggestions welcomed

peace

Plants look real nice. Getting me excited for mu first octo. Bought to try some new mixes but so far yours looks so familiar...I think garden is gonna make urban farm food famous ;)

Honestly dude I would just build a aero cloner, if theres one thing aero excels in, its cloning, there is no better method for clones, and I cant think of anyone who would try to argue against this. Complete aero systems are a bitch but cloners are a cake wake, easiest part of setup. You set one up you have a full system without any of the complications later on in flowering....just make sure you set it up in a mini pool or large bucket, dont trust a flawless no leak system.

all you need is a strong box or rubber maid, drill 2 inch holes, 2 inch net pots (make sure you get the sturdy plastic kind), neoprene collars, 396 eco pump, 1 on 4 off titan timer, PVC for plumbing, sprayers (come with drill bit if u look) and boom your set up for complete success.

Also these plants transfer well usually. One time I had a flowering Male, through it outside in the dirt (made a little hole and planted it lmfao). I didnt think itd make it but it got watered with some of herbs and survived. A shame I still killed it so it wouldn't pollinate any of the outdoor plants I just wanted to see if it would work.. plants go straight from aero to octos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great thanks I’ve been thinking about making a bucket cloner sys looks like it in my future 

• Like 1

Bucket cloners are fun to make, made a couple of them in five gallon buckets, lots of plans or configurations online.   In fact, that’s how I got started in hydro.   I left some rooted clones for a week in my aero cloner, came home, and holy crap, they were three times the size of my soil clones.    Aero is pretty well known as the fastest growth hydro out there, but I’d never use it for a full grow, way too twitchy.   

Wait until those octo s reach the water!   Hempy buckets or duoponics are very similar, and you could always tell when roots hit the reservoir, explosive growth.  

Good luck!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Papalag said:

Great thanks I’ve been thinking about making a bucket cloner sys looks like it in my future 

I threw out 2 ezcloners...............a big and a small one. They worked fine...............just a pain in the ass, noisy, and I can live without them. I have just as good of results(NOT as quickly however) in the RR's under a dome. I DID have one SP cut that I  Iet run 26 days!  She threw roots minutes before it looked like she was going to die.............

Let them run some more...............IF you have the room... If it where me, I would immediately plant them in a solo cup with dirt, water them from the bottom............place the cup in a bowl of water to absorb from below, place them under WEAK light...............and then leave them be. If they root they root...............if not, let em rot...........

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JetDro said:

I threw out 2 ezcloners...............a big and a small one. They worked fine...............just a pain in the ass, noisy, and I can live without them. I have just as good of results(NOT as quickly however) in the RR's under a dome. I DID have one SP cut that I  Iet run 26 days!  She threw roots minutes before it looked like she was going to die.............

Let them run some more...............IF you have the room... If it where me, I would immediately plant them in a solo cup with dirt, water them from the bottom............place the cup in a bowl of water to absorb from below, place them under WEAK light...............and then leave them be. If they root they root...............if not, let em rot...........

Actually Just up  planted some of them into solo cups I figured 18 days to start to long fo this grow I’ll keep one clone for a mom and start it early next time 

I am also going to flower out 30 ish clones in my small tent under T5s just for giggles 

also the 4 in the octopots seem very happy :tu 

Day off tomorrow fun full day of dr. Appointments and a trip to the post office  got to send a friend a package  

peace 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Papalag said:

Actually Just up  planted some of them into solo cups I figured 18 days to start to long fo this grow I’ll keep one clone for a mom and start it early next time 

I am also going to flower out 30 ish clones in my small tent under T5s just for giggles 

also the 4 in the octopots seem very happy :tu 

Day off tomorrow fun full day of dr. Appointments and a trip to the post office  got to send a friend a package  

peace 

AND......................get a package.....................:)

I am right now setting up all my Mom's to flower under the T5's too.....................thought I had enough "flower" bulbs(2800) but only have 1/2 enough...............argh. So I alternated bulbs, 1 5400, 1 2800............................hope it works ok. Now I have to set up another small area under a weak fluro to keep the new "mom's(took cuttings of all of the mom's yesterday)

FORGOT what a RPIA watering every 2 or 3 days is.............moving pots around, remembering when to feed n water.....................NO WONDER I love the Octopot's so much! You are going to be SPOILED by these things.........................by the time this 1st run is over..................you will be DONE with hand watering I bet!!!! :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

We need to put things like this as standing threads, so we can look back and see what worked. :)

I will tell you what works...............OCTOPOTS WORK.........................'course you know that, cause YOU TOLD ME.........................I am ALREADY SICK of watering by hand, remembering who gets what when.....................the octo's have spoiled me ....................:) AGAIN...............all THANKS TO OUR OWN GARDENARTUS!!!!!

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hehehe funny

But you all are trying new things, like rooting in the Octopots, perfect for the rest of us just to watch and observe, then we can do what really works lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

hehehe funny

But you all are trying new things, like rooting in the Octopots, perfect for the rest of us just to watch and observe, then we can do what really works lol

I know it is early yet.................but I can already tell you that starting the root in RR's under dome, THEN transplanting STRAIGHT to the Octopots WITHOUT going into a Dixie Cup at the first sign of throwing roots is going to make a huge difference in the plants.

Papalag has NOW basically done that and I am just BETTING his Sugar Punch goes absolutely insane when she catches her breath, is done being "worked" and is turned loose to flower.

I also have SEEN that coming from SEED................in the same manner.................root in RR till just showing, then into Octo...............will REALLY produce BIG ass plants. I have not seen a "clone" go as nice or as big as 1 from seed. ALL of US I believe are coming from cut's this round, and it will be interesting to see the size of the finished ladies.

G.A. DO YOU come from seed or cut in yours????? I assume it is from cuts as you have 29 Mom's ........:)

• Like 2

LOL yep clones. You would need fem seeds would you not to start seeds in there?

I like this idea of what you all are doing. I have two extra ocotopots on hand I could rotate out, so figuring how this will work for me. I have one room free standing, so I could rotate it out.

So taking a rooted clone and putting it right into the Octopot would be the idea. You would not be able to use soil in solo cups to start, I have not read all lol so would you not need to use aeroponics to get roots?

• Like 1