•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Observations 

*  always start from rooted clones or seed 

* never root in octopot directly ( too much time and can’t pic the best one ) 

* once roots hit Rez look out fast growth and more vigorous 

* Texas tomatoe food is the shit lol great stuff

* simple to set up and use , set and forget 

* bag to tall ( best suggestions fold over by 5 inches ) 

* soil or medium must be 40 % perlite for maximum drainage 

* only water from the top when you transfer clone to octopot them only from the bottom (to damn easy ) 

* to heavy to move once in place that’s it 

peace 

paps 

• Like 5

Agree with Papa 100%! On all of his points.................especially how simple to use these are............like RONCO...............set it, and forget it............:)

I think your right..................too slow a process rooting in the Octo's. Root in Rapid Rooter till root tips can be seen, THEN into the Octopot's.  What I did this run, all are very healthy and now starting to grow well.

TTF/TVF IS THE SHIZNITZ!!!!

I will add this: Get a 30 gallon cheap garbage can, fill it with your water and 1 tblsp per gallon of the nutes. Submerge a cheap pump in the can, attach a garden hose with a on/off valve on it. Makes filling the rez's a 5 minute job. When plants are little, and barely sucking any water..............DO NOT make 30 gallons of solution. It WILL get "funky" and smell bad after about a week or so of sitting.  When they are small I make smaller batch's of the solution, enough to last just 5 days or so...............Once in flower, I fill the whole 30 gallons.

This is the "Wand" I use. Long neck, gets into octo rez, on/off switch up at handle for switching to the next rez..................no more bending over pouring water into them, no mess, no time wasted doing it.

DSC00001[1].JPG

• Like 6

That is exactly what my plan is for the nutrient tank. Nice. I think I am going with the 30 gal. also. My 50 gal barrels have never had anything but portable water in them. I really didn’t want to put fertilizer in there. 30 gal will be plenty to keep enough nute mix for six Octos. 

1 hour ago, Justcozz said:

That is exactly what my plan is for the nutrient tank. Nice. I think I am going with the 30 gal. also. My 50 gal barrels have never had anything but portable water in them. I really didn’t want to put fertilizer in there. 30 gal will be plenty to keep enough nute mix for six Octos. 

PLENTY......................you should never have to add more than 2-3 gallons at a time to each one, unless you letr them get BIG and in that case you will have to fill every day or run the risk of it going dry. BTW...............I HAVe run the rez's dry for 2-3 days at a time before, it is not a big issue.

30 gallons would fill all 6 FULL UP from near dry....................you do not need a larger supply, woukld just spoil that much faster.

HEY..............................you did NOT start the "seed plant" from seed in the Octo did you????? THAT will be my next attempt.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Papalag said:

Observations 

*  always start from rooted clones or seed 

* never root in octopot directly ( too much time and can’t pic the best one ) 

* once roots hit Rez look out fast growth and more vigorous 

* Texas tomatoe food is the shit lol great stuff

* simple to set up and use , set and forget 

* bag to tall ( best suggestions fold over by 5 inches ) 

* soil or medium must be 40 % perlite for maximum drainage 

* only water from the top when you transfer clone to octopot them only from the bottom (to damn easy ) 

* to heavy to move once in place that’s it 

peace 

paps 

Every point here is spot on. Rapid rooters or root riot plugs are perfect starters. Never used TTF though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JetDro said:

HEY..............................you did NOT start the "seed plant" from seed in the Octo did you????? THAT will be my next attempt.

No, I started it with the rest of the seeds in jiffy plugs. It just too way longer than the rest to break soil. I hope it’s not a male. That would screw everything up. Lol... not really, finding out what they can do from that small is worth the experience either way.

• Like 2

Magic is  starting to happen  

the sugar punch #1and shiva dawg #1 is starting to branch out and if you can see the stems on then there nice and thick 

the 2 in front sugar punch #2 and shiva dawg #2  are 2 weeks behind  they’ve been topped and just reached the screen 

the last pic was only 3 days ago and the growth is obvious FD8D09DF-0477-4F33-8C91-CB099250835F.thumb.jpeg.5075719fed2987e82ebfb5eac0d121be.jpeg

853896EB-1288-41CA-9653-F4E82A709FE7.jpeg

D1373D21-1BE0-4931-9BC6-15F5FAAA79A2.jpeg

F5B8C921-A884-4F00-9A9F-199B155218A4.jpeg

• Like 5

looking great bro....................will not be long till you are tucking n bending...............I am just days behind you now....................

• Like 1

Man. you have it going on Papa. Sorry I missed the first part. I came by a while back and I thought I re;plied so I would get notifications. Lately I only look at new topics now and then and just been hanging in the ones that email me.. man, my loss. I'll try and go back and catch up. 

Your plants are looking beautiful bro. Sounds like you be having a lot of fun, too! I love the new Cabinet!

peace

• Thanks 1

Hi @Mr Goodfellow what’s up bro 

thanks for stopping by  this run is a lot of fun

the little home made cabinet is about 1 yr old 

I think I’ll replace it with a 24 x 24 x 48  hi ( wish list only if money was available )

today I put the 5 lemon gas x 91 chem dawg 

In the small  flowing tent  there’s now 26 clones in solo cups   The  mycro- grow  is just for shits and giggles since there’s nothing to do in the octpot tent I need to keep busy lol 

@gardenartus  the little plant with the octopots was just visiting her big sisters for a few days in the purple sun :verrygood

I’ll try to post some pics soon 

very impressed with the growth I am seeing 

the 2 older plants have very thick stems the younger ones are catching up 

happy 420 all :j

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 2

Thanks Papa, glad i finally got in here. Looks like you've been busy and about to get more busy, lol. I want to start watching the Sugar Punch because I haven't grown it yet. Got some seeds finally so, I'm interested in how it does. Best vibes bro!

mrG

• Like 1

As promised a few pics to start the week off 

the 2 in the front row were topped earlier than the 2 in the back row 

so the front row kind of grew into the screen 

the smaller plants are the moms I’ll crack Indy’s 

nl5 x atf and I think I have a bog sour bubble 

just 3 each just to look for a female as well as motareble’s rock candy kush I got all males last time hopping for a girl 

also a pi’s of the little ones flowering in the small tent 

well here they are 

5DC23028-E950-43A6-9AE1-6EFAAF1CC10D.jpeg

4635420A-59A5-4492-9EB9-37E293B0AB8B.jpeg

• Like 6

@dieseldog381 oh snap bro your right I put the dirt in upside down I guess I need to turn the octpots upside down for them to grow ? How do I keep the soil from falling out lol 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Papalag said:

@dieseldog381 oh snap bro your right I put the dirt in upside down I guess I need to turn the octpots upside down for them to grow ? How do I keep the soil from falling out lol 

Just messing wit ya, they look great.  I just filled my Octopot last night, gonna put a Sugar Punch in it tomorrow.  Kind of weird filing them, as everyplace else tells you NOT to pack your dirt.  

• Like 3

Aren't you supposed to pack the bottom part tight? The part in the net pot that does the wicking? Seems like I read that or saw it in their video. 

• Like 1

Mr G yes it should be packed tight from bottom to top

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Papalag said:

Mr G yes it should be packed tight from bottom to top

I rented one of those gasoline powered soil tampers the highway paving guys use, as I want to do everything right my first run.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lmao!!! :rofl ..... still spitting out my tea....

You probably should call the county engineers in, too, and get a compaction test, to be sure.

• Haha 3

On 4/16/2019 at 6:17 PM, JetDro said:

PLENTY......................you should never have to add more than 2-3 gallons at a time to each one, unless you letr them get BIG and in that case you will have to fill every day or run the risk of it going dry. BTW...............I HAVe run the rez's dry for 2-3 days at a time before, it is not a big issue.

30 gallons would fill all 6 FULL UP from near dry....................you do not need a larger supply, woukld just spoil that much faster.

I’ve done it!  Seeds grow into outstanding supremely healthy plants.  I’ve done it a couple ways.  First I just put a seed in one of my octopots that I had just cut down.  The other, I started the seed in a rapid rooter and planted it as soon as the leaves started showing.  Both ways are super effective.  The growth of the seedlings is crazy.

• Like 1