•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Hi OG 

just a note or two on the scrog method 

• I prefer to top or fim early  , 4 th or 5 th node  (this gives you the ability to plan the growth pattern ) let them grow in to the screen as apposed to letting it grow over and bend down 

• remove all growth below the net (at stages as not to stress them out )

• give the bottom good air flow 

• if it blocks light remove it 

• bend , tie down, super crop, top as needed but remember not too much to quickly or at once less stress the better 

• I stop toping 1 week before the flip 

• net hight 8 to 10 inches tall 

• try to grow strains that have similar qualities like slow growth or bushy , fast growth 

• net should be tight not loose 

In the pics 

shiva dawg @santero #1 has a thick stem and was bent from above the screen 

shiva dawg #2 was topped at the 4 node and grew up into the screen ( for me it’s just easier) 

sugar punch @sannie #1 was also bent from above and #2 topped als at the 4 node 

plant #1 is 1week older then #2 

Shiva dawg#1

D15E8FD2-B7F3-40DA-9A93-A8381DBD171A.jpeg

Sugar punch#2

DD4518F3-3FD5-4D40-8B1A-4EB54C412AD6.jpeg

Sugar punch #1

88EEF69B-5CD5-4086-B77C-DD46E8A652C3.jpeg

4E09BD0D-1D69-4CBD-99D3-D0B4700A7880.jpeg

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Looking good papa. You'll love that Shiva Dawg. I'm watching all of the Sugar Punch grows. Have fun!

peace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great info Paps. Plants are looking great, I’m watching this.:grinning_respect:

• Like 1

Putting the net in early and scrogging is the right move since the octos are so tall. I will warn you that after about day 5 of bloom they’re gonna go crazy and you won’t be able to tuck em fast enough. 

• Like 3

Hi guys and gals 

well the little micro fro as I call it is in flower now 2 weeks but the lemon gas is only one week 

I did this just for shits and giggles looking to make some budsicles lol 

Also got an emergency call  for some clones for a buddies outdoor grow so clip clip once more 

084BD040-D402-459D-8970-A15D7FC6B45E.jpeg

BFB5DE00-DED1-4AAD-9EBB-77C3479DE11E.jpeg

• Like 4

I see u are staying busy ...

I tell ya man ,anymore it seems non-stop for me..

Loving every ,inute of it...

I may not b on as much as I used to..new Wife..new life..lol

• Like 2

Hay @bigun  my brother thanks for stopping by I know your enjoying every minute please say hello to  Mrs Bigun   

• Like 1

Good day to October-crew and all of  OG’s as-well 

just a quick update 

i find  I am bending every day and I  I topped a few branches also 

had to do a quick repair I split a main stem and had to preform surgery lol dr paps 

Also just  a note on pruning under the net 

if branches are  growing on the under side of a stem clipped them they normally will grow weak and not produce much by removing the weak it will allow all the energy to go to the stronger branches  here’s a few pics 

Hope you can see the branch on the underside 

9828006A-887F-492C-BEDC-369A1530B5A8.jpeg

62E9B458-AB18-4B34-B0BA-F6C029A828BB.jpeg

FB869E0F-2A4A-4807-8DEC-A3FB2335D585.jpeg

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 2

Nice repair on the main stem............................

Could you explain the trimming a bit better, not sure I understand what you mean..............................

58 minutes ago, JetDro said:

Nice repair on the main stem............................

Could you explain the trimming a bit better, not sure I understand what you mean..............................

I lost a main stem on one of my RB by applying too much downward pressure. Didn’t see the split until the whole limb wilted. I just snipped it off and now working with a threesome...

Trimming the new growth.... as we know, new stems will grow staggered. When we bend the plant over, 2 stems will grow both directions horizontally and the next two will grow vertically. We are trimming the vertical ones. Top and bottom of the main stem. This keeps the nutrients moving through the plant evenly. If we leave these, then the upper stems will grow like tops and take up more nutrient than the horizontal and bottom ones. Leaving the bottoms also just uses nutrients and not produce well. 

20190429_103100.thumb.jpg.b95b0a820c80ec790abc6c217de54939.jpg

I left “trim” ones temporarily until the tops grow a little longer, then they will get removed above and below the main stem.

hope that helps you a little better

• Like 5

Hi all

just a quick note  I am very happy I got these octopots  I just wish I had room for more lol 

@JetDro I go through the same anxiety in whe to flip but if you do go too long that’s when we need to get creative bend break even install a second net for support 

to day I lowered my lights  I love my led but miss my hps  . The Topping I did the other day is already responding . And I also needed to remove some leaves . I believe in about 2 weeks I may need to flip at the rate they seem to be growing . I got a new phone with a better camera and I took a few pice 

the clones seem to be responding well and will be gifted to a buddy for outdoors in about 8 more days 

Here’s  some shots of my micro grow the shiva dawg and the sugar punch are the same age and will be flowing 2 weeks Saturday but they seem to have jumped in to flower. They are under a veg fluorescent tech light they are already in some 2 inches below the light 

I am going to pollinate the sp and the sd with some pollen from motorebels rock candy 

the lemon gas is a week behind and if I have enough pollen I’ll hit it as well

i like using the small plants for seed seems easier but a shit load of watering lol

6F6DA8F0-EE8C-45EF-A96D-9735E04DF2AD.jpeg

86570261-2C57-4271-BC39-86E83C6FB327.jpeg

B5C0579F-6F3A-4D4D-980D-434366821F60.jpeg

A5BD8E2D-4FE1-45DA-99DC-C4556CF21AC0.jpeg

EE6BE337-1FD9-4347-8A54-6E48A476D892.jpeg

A6461E76-DF56-4649-B9FD-602350DE4A22.jpeg

350051F4-D00E-44B1-9F55-5B4542FDBD37.jpeg

DE24C8FB-DE16-4EA3-B90C-4444EC5FF2AE.jpeg

• Like 6

Man, you are busy! Good to see bro. Interesting crosses you have planned and they sound like fire in the making. Boy they all look super healthy as well. You have a nice little system going in your place. I'm trying to get where I can chew gum and do more than one thing at a time. heh. I did some clones of the Humboldt x SP and they seem to be ok. I have to get my areas set up a little better. Everything is in flux around here.

Best vibes with it all Professor Paps! I'm keeping a chair pulled close. 

peace

• Like 1

Octo ladies look great......................so do the little ones...............i like your idea of seed making on the "small".....lol. Keep feeding Octo ladies the TVF till 1st day of week 3 after you flip. Then switch to TTF.

We are very close on our screens........................I think 2 weeks time I will also be ready to flip.

• Like 1

So far I like the tvf  the little one seen happy 

thats what I’ve been thinking week 3 ttf and fill the Rez 

under the net are my 3 moms an Sp,SD and lemon gas I’ll be removing them soon and they’ll go under the T5s till I need clones again 

Just now, Papalag said:

They LOVE IT........................never seen a little one that did not. The TTF is a bit "hotter" I am doing this round at 1/2 tablespoon per gallon..............but to be honest, only1 Goji had an issue at 1 tablespoon.  Want to try with less food...................sometimes less is more. Be a good test anyways.

I run the TVF through week 2 of the flip...............gives them the N they need for the stretch. Once stretch is over I switch to the TTF.

You PP's look stellar...........strong, big, healthy.................hope I get 4 or 5 females from these 8!

I meant you had a small plant in a pot sitting on an Octo base...............who is that?

• Like 1

Hi jet the little one is Sp mom 

there’s also LG and SD I just trimmed them down so they will be kept low until needed I just transferred them to the little box where the clones are at 24 /7  in a hope to slow them down 

• Like 1

Good day Octo- crew

Just a quick note  

All but 5 clones are at week 3 of flower so last night I hit a Sp and Sd with pollen from motorebles rock candy kush 

and by the looks of things the pollen took 1st try 

also clones taken for outside grow seem to be alive and well but the LG is a bit week 

and finally a group shot and the shiva dawg in the back is a beast and almost filled her portion of her net 

the sp in the back row  has a lot of shoots and is moving along nicely 

smoke um if you got em :j:smoke

BF5B371D-6A6A-4E90-A955-75CEB35A0359.jpeg

F6D48A8C-E554-4164-B974-0C39D0F801A5.jpeg

8529F866-10AD-4048-AAE5-A9F5712AF4B7.jpeg

DA17409E-B49E-4D54-B28E-DA6E4CFE803B.jpeg

14699594-FECE-4356-B5AD-76398C809C3F.jpeg

• Like 3

Hey Papa, what size is your screen....................looks a touch smaller than mine is????

Shiva Dog back right corner looks spot on!

Good job on the pollination too.

@JetDro hi bro 

the screen is actually 38” x 38 “ my tent is only 40 x 40  I believe you have a 48x 48 

So far I like the growth of the shiva dawg( I topped the hell out of it )  knowing @santero it got to be :evil:   

the sugar punch should do just as well I love this one so fingers crossed 

the pollenated clones took first try and I even have some left for Lemon gas then I’ll freeze the rest 

i have to say I am liking these octopots no muss no fuss 

as soon as the micro finishes flowing I will run a few new strains for the next grow so far I think 

shackzilla,  sannies , holy grail x gogi OG jethro 

huck / heri by bigun and nl5x atf sinister 

Thanks for all your kine words 

paps 

• Like 2

Yup, mine is 48 by 48, so just a bit larger.

Santero does not fool around, if it is HIS beans, they will be good!

I would not worry about your SP, she will kill it in flower in these pot's.

Cool the clones took the pollen so easy....................

Wait till full on flower.................and all you do is fill up the rez 2 times a week or so, then sit back and watch bud production. I BET when this run is over, YOU WILL fill the OCto's right back up!

You got any Shack seeds???? I want to run her too...........heard nothing but good things about her.............Mr. Dirt really talks highly of it.

Great choices in your next run.................i would ALSO run the Northern Lights X Alaskan Thunderfuck..........................sounds magical to me.  I have run 3 different "Clown" strains..................all 3 were EXCELLENT!!!

Dying to see your screen get full and go to the flip. My screen is well too..................my turn will not be far off at the rate they are throwing shoots now.  We will probably be about the same flip time, I have caught up to you somehow...................????

• Like 2

Jet I see you filling in quickly I think it that 1000  

watts hps light mine are 2  300 watt LED fro mars hydro   I left my lights about 30 plus inches above the screen in hopes to force them to  grow a bit taller to fill the screen 

I like Hps but not the heat it come with 

led do run cooler