•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Going to flip soon maybe Monday but going to change up the flowering nutrient 

week before flip. 1/4 tbl spoon of ufvf  and 1/4 tea spoon of open sesame till  week 2 of bud development

then mid flower 1/4 tbl spoon of ttf and 1/4 tea spoon to start beastie bloomz 

late flower 1/8 tbl spoon of ttf and 1/4 teas spoon per gal of cha chine till last 2 weeks 

may switch to fox farms bloom 

suggestions appreciated 

ACA392AB-D833-43AD-B9C1-4C83477DC98A.jpeg

• Like 2

The lowering of the TVF is GOOD!! My 2 runs now have been at 1 teaspoon per gallon . As good if not better growth than before. Stronger stems, more branching, not so dark green.

I would ditch the TTF for flower. I am not going to use it anymore. 

Cannot see the numbers on the other 2 nutes so cannot tell if you got it there or not???  What are the NPK numbers???

I have decided i like the TVF for VEG. Just at 1/3 reco dosage, or 1 teaspoon per gallon. IT IS HOT, so is TTF. TTF at 1 tablespoon per gallon is 1500 PPM!!!!!  3.0 EC!!!!!

1teaspoon is around .5-.6 or 500 PPM.

The plants in the octos AND in the pots are responding WELL to 1 tea per gallon. EVERY watering in the potted ones, just like the OCto's. IFISH was and is correct. Small ec numbers but STEADY every time.....................works well!!!  None have had issues, better stems and stalk strength, correct green instead of dark green, the "claw" from high N has not been seen, and growth is as expected.

I am going to use GOE ...their Garden of Eden......................1/1.8/1.2...................NPK...................at 1 tea per gallon. I have been using it in my flower room 1 with the potted plants, they all look killer cept my cup entrant. Was not the foods fault on her. The better ratio.....1/2/1 is working like a charm, and i decided to STAY WITH U>F> because their food is SO COMPLETE, leaves noting out, is cheap, and mixes without separating.

The growth and health in the Octo's at 1 teaspoon per TELLS ME just how HOT HOT HOT and full of N TTF is!!!! When I was hitting them with 1 tablespoon per gallon, had it not been for the 6 gallon dirt "buffer" they would have been fried to a crisp.

I also believe the reason I have seen FEW ROOTS in the res............................is because it has always been too freaking hot!! Betting at 1 tblespoon per by the time mid flower has set in, the rez EC is 4.o or more!!!!!!! The roots stayed out, went higher in the sleeve, and let the soil buffer the water some.........................MY THOUGHTS on it.

I checked the rez on the 4 octo's going now, 4 days into the flip. HEAVY white roots in the rez.....................................

• Like 2

@JetDro here’s some specs 

I was looking at GOE as well  

OPEN SESAME® Early Flowering Formula (5-45-19)

BEASTIE BLOOMZ® Heavyweight Blossom Builder (0-50-30)

Cha Ching® Late Flowering Formula (9-50-10)

Bro,I use the beastie boom in week 3 and again in week 5...no more I use 1200 rpm in week 3 and 600 in week 5...

Hoping your grows are bountiful...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigun said:

Bro,I use the beastie boom in week 3 and again in week 5...no more I use 1200 rpm in week 3 and 600 in week 5...

Hoping your grows are bountiful...

Thanks bro I’ll give it a try 

say hi to the mrs 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Papalag said:

@JetDro here’s some specs 

I was looking at GOE as well  

OPEN SESAME® Early Flowering Formula (5-45-19)

BEASTIE BLOOMZ® Heavyweight Blossom Builder (0-50-30)

Cha Ching® Late Flowering Formula (9-50-10)

Wow, those have some Big numbers! 45  and 50!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ifish said:

Ratios are a lot easier than they first seem  : )

I had no idea we needed such a high ratio of phosphorus!

• Like 1

@gardenartus 

5/45/20 is the same ratio as 1/9/4 

but we only add 1 ml to a gallon of water with 5/45/20

were as we add 5 ml to a gallon of water with 1/9/4

so then both gallons have the same ppm or ec  strength 

: )

• Like 3

If you changed from the low numbered ratio nutes to the new higher ratio nutes and kept the same nute ml in the gallon of water  , it would be fry time lol

• Like 1

Watered the Octopots tonight as per the feeding schedule week before flip 1/4 ts  per gal of open sesame and 1 ts per gal of ufvf  thru week 2 of flower  

ordered a new tent today 24 x24 x 55 inches just for moms and garden of eden for bloom nutes 

thanks @bigun& @ifishfor the advice 

weeks 3 and weeks 5 beastie bloomz  as per schedule  using GOE 1/4  to 1/2 ts per gal 

then weeks 6 and 7 the cha Ching and GOE same as above

last weeks flush 

Hope for the best 

• Thanks 1

Hey Papa. nothing wrong with giving her a little nitrogen boost one last time at time of flip to accommodate her putting on all of the new bud sites. After that, it's good to back off of the nitrogen and load up on the mid bloom and final bloom ferts for the rest of the grow. peace

• Like 1

Here’s another way

two different npk ratio nutes grow and bloom 

grow = 4/2/2 =8 = 10ml to gallon 

bloom = 0/50/30 = 80 = 1 ml per gallon 

both gallons have same ppm or ec , but both npk ratios are different 

11 hours ago, ifish said:

@gardenartus 

5/45/20 is the same ratio as 1/9/4 

but we only add 1 ml to a gallon of water with 5/45/20

were as we add 5 ml to a gallon of water with 1/9/4

so then both gallons have the same ppm or ec  strength 

I bring down the numbers in this one ( from 5/45/20 to 1/9/4 ) , to make it easier to see the relationship between the numbers in the ratio to each other ( to see what it’s pushing )

53 minutes ago, ifish said:

Here’s another way

two different npk ratio nutes grow and bloom 

grow = 4/2/2 =8 = 10ml to gallon 

bloom = 0/50/30 = 80 = 1 ml per gallon 

both gallons have same ppm or ec , but both npk ratios are different 

This one I do , to give me an idea of the strength or concentration of the bottle nutes as they have different ratios , so I can see roughly what I need to add to the gallon of water , I use ec meter anyway to be exact , for say when I change from grow to bloom nutes and npk ratios are different but I want same ec or ppm 

i also use this one to see how much value for money the bottle of nutes are befor I buy them 

its a lot harder to explain in words than it is to actually do it 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 9:39 PM, Papalag said:

Going to flip soon maybe Monday but going to change up the flowering nutrient 

week before flip. 1/4 tbl spoon of ufvf  and 1/4 tea spoon of open sesame till  week 2 of bud development

then mid flower 1/4 tbl spoon of ttf and 1/4 tea spoon to start beastie bloomz 

late flower 1/8 tbl spoon of ttf and 1/4 teas spoon per gal of cha chine till last 2 weeks 

may switch to fox farms bloom 

suggestions appreciated 

ACA392AB-D833-43AD-B9C1-4C83477DC98A.jpeg

Boy, I've got a ton of this stuff I don't use much anymore.    I'm a big fan of the Fox Farm line, been around awhile, always dependable, no gimmicks, and awesome results.  I tried Advanced Nutrients for a few grows, as many like it, but found it to pretty twitchy, if you use too much, it will kill your plants, and the advice on their website is, well, immature, for lack of a better word.   I do like their Flawless Finish a lot.  I ran Fox Farm and Advanced side by side in dwc, Fox Farm looked healthier and better tasting.  

What I noticed with these is be very careful on the dose, as they will tend to burn if I'd go over 1/4 t.  I found if I cut their Grow Big and Tiger Bloom in half when using these, I'd be about right.  

Most feeding charts I've tried are WAY, WAY, off, in hydroponics, anyway.  But, they're selling fertilizers!  I mean they advise like running 1400-1600 ppm, that's insane, some strains will take it, but most burn like California wildfires at those levels.  I've been seeing how low I can go in DWC, and in flower, about 600 seems to be the sweet spot, with drift to 800.  Came home one time after five days, and it was sitting at 2300, lol.  Plants just do better with less.  

I just added some Open Sesame to my Goji Og Octopot yesterday, 1/4 t, plan is to see if the bag alone will take them seed to harvest .  Worked really well on the Sugar punch, and Goji looks to be a smaller plant.

And you store your jars exactly like I do, lol.  Running out, as it's tomato canning season, and just jarred some Kali Mist yesterday.

Peace, fun seeing your stuff!   

• Like 2

hi @dieseldog381 thanks for stopping by bro 

i really appreciate the info 

people start talking ppm and ec :wtf: now you need a meter and a science degree to grow pot damn  never worried so much in dirt just let the plant tell me 

last grow the plant looked amazing up to harvest no fade I kept thinking she would never finish never had that with dirt before  

buds  didn’t seem right  fox tail, not as dense, color not right, so a new learning curve 

so I need to figure this shit out and I think iam on the right track 

i like the urban farms products for the veg and fox farms was always my go to fertilizer so we shell see 

Peace paps 

• Like 2

Bro Papa,

I always have had and use my meter. 

Only way to really b accurate on pom and ph...

I use my soil mix only,which Carrie's about 600 to 800 ppm when drainage is checked in the beginning. 

I do not add any nitrogen as the grow continues.i do keep a check on my drainage yhough.nearing the flip time I check again and if will still have a 300to 500 ppm.

Again after the flip the I use the bestie twice and the plants will cannibalize the plants layer in flower..lol

2 weeks ago I fed my outside plants 1500ppm..they are beauties..

I just can,y figure out how yo post with my phone or I would post some pics.

I am not good with these gadgets..lol

Papa I think when your plants don't fade u have too much nitrogen in the soil or h2o..i like my plants to cannibalize themselves.

PEACE B WITH EVERYONE

• Like 3

Thanks @bigun

I was looking at a ppm meter by Hana I believe the name I’ll pick one up 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Papalag said:

Thanks @bigun

I was looking at a ppm meter by Hana I believe the name I’ll pick one up 

You do not really need one......................you can use the NPK calculator to figure your PPM real close..................it is just math and plugging the numbers in and hitting the button.

I will post up later what I have learned from listening to Ifish, and seeing it with my own eyes..............rather eye opening!!!

• Confused 1

YOU MOTHER FUCJER........................................spent 3 hours typing out a KILLER EXPALNTION TO you...hit a button it ALL WENT AWAY.........fuckme with a fork!!!!!1GDIT!!!!

• Haha 1

Jet my brother it is still guessing if u do 't have a meter..

Papa the Hana is the best on the market, in my humble opinion..

My water has a ph value of 7.1

I use ph down and using my meter get it to EXACTLY 6.2

..it is very helpful and takes all the guess work out of it...

Everyone had their way.I was just stating mine..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigun said:

Jet my brother it is still guessing if u do 't have a meter..

Papa the Hana is the best on the market, in my humble opinion..

My water has a ph value of 7.1

I use ph down and using my meter get it to EXACTLY 6.2

..it is very helpful and takes all the guess work out of it...

Everyone had their way.I was just stating mine..

No it actually is not. I took 5 different 'feeds" to my local hydro store. Mixed them in store used their PPM meter to check the math.

ALL 5 where within 1% of what the NPK calculator said they should be..................dead ass on. It is not rocket science..............the NPK ratios tell us HOW MUCH is in there , plain n simple...............

OK Papa, let me try this again! I spent HOURS doing it, then hit a wrong button, it ALL went away...............................:evil:

I will start over, but this time I will break it up so as not to lose it all again ......................YOU READY?????

• Like 1

To each his own Jet.

I  never commented on Papa's post to  argue ..

I only stated what I know is factual..

Don't have to take mine anywhere, I just use my HANA.

• Like 2