•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
AbuKeif

Re-introducing myself!

Hello everyone—

It’s been a few years and living situations, but I’m back and growing again (in my very own place, so no worries about landlords!)  I’m grateful as ever for the knowledge that has been dropped here over the years, and hoping to contribute more actively now that I’ve got a stable setup.  In particular, I’m planning on doing a n00b grow journal of Eskobar’s Jalisco IBL, since I can’t find a single one on the entire interwebs, and I’ve been on kind of a landrace kick lately.  

I’ve also been on a seedmaking kick—after all the years of fearing male plants and avoiding any trace of pollen, I’ve swung the other way around and begun chucking pollen gratuitously—mostly just reproducing packs of worked lines, so far.  Why isn’t every hobby grower making their own seeds?!  (Don’t worry, Sannie, et al., my bank account can attest to the fact that I haven’t stopped picking up your gear.) What I still don’t know about best practices could fill volumes, but I’m looking forward to continuing this journey.

Here’s a picture of my not-nearly-finished seed run of RSC’s Highland Thai at 14 weeks of 12/12 (hoping to get a little smoke out of it as well!), and another of the Jalisco busily sprouting:

IMG_0442.thumb.JPG.89f8c735d29d485b3854022080aedb2c.JPGIMG_0445.thumb.JPG.448ba75b0c80761b292a939801394ae9.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks everybody—glad to be back!

@Misterdirt—am I correct that you grew out Esko’s Jalisco IBL at some point? You seem to be the only one on this forum (or dang near anywhere else online) who talked about it much. I’ve got some beans in the dirt and will start a grow log soon; I’d definitely be interested to hear anything you have to say about how to keep it healthy and happy in a tent over the next few months.

Welcome back.  Good luck with Jalisco.

nice to meet u ABU, in my jungle i know a real ABU he's a flute maker, musician...  must be great to not be concerned about a land lord, i don't even usually say the term i hate it so much lol.  many more come to making seeds as their learning curve gets shorter and they wake up to how much sinse it makes to do that. others just make the seed business go round and that's cool to imho.  

so, are u going to do those sativa's in full blown satty specific environment eventually ? i have plans to do that but i can see that is a long way off if i can do that at all. 

congrats on your good fortune and welcome back to OG. :verrygood

Thanks guys!

@Sacred Plant Warrior I'd be curious to know more about what you mean when you say a 'satty-specific environment', especially if we're talking indoors.  My grows have been strictly indoors so far, and at 42 degrees north in a snowy part of the world, finishing these longer-flowering sativas outside would be a non-starter anyways... It's been tents and aggressive supercropping, which the plants don't seem to hate me too much for.  Until I move to Thailand one of these decades (or design a multi-story grow room that can accomodate 14' plants), that seems like about the best I can do, but if you have any tips and tricks for maximizing my opportunities and the happiness of the girls (and boys), I'm all ears!  And frankly, I like the challenge.  Whenever I read people giving advice like 'don't do those crazy landrace sativas indoors,' I was always tempted to do exactly that, and now I'm even more confident that it's possible.

Here's a recent pic of the RSC Highland Thai at week 21 :blink: Kindly forgive my crappy photographic skills.  This strain will probably never be the best yielder indoors, and the plant in the back is looking a little raggedy from some combo of nute/senescence issues, but I should still get a little smoke and several hundred more seeds to learn, play, and experiment with!  One of them also smells exactly like the Bubblicious chewing gum that I would beg my mom for in the supermarket line when I was eight years old :dribble:

IMG_0452.thumb.JPG.65b37882965bee66609d172a77ab4419.JPG

• Like 2

so when i say SATTY specific it just means trying to get good atmospheric conditions in your space that come as close as possible to what they naturally thrive in. 85 deg's norms to cover most sats'  ?!? humidity30/40 % depends on where the strain is from. spectrum bulbs that come close to  their sweet spot as much s possible. test the clones for all this...do they get nice rain showers where they are from? I routinely use hand sprayer to rain on them and they seem to love that shit. i used to feel like a green house gardener in my created jungle.

i liked the mango thai description especially the flavor it should have. i hate now they speak on aroma and rarely mention actual taste/flavor grrr. keep doing what you love . dialing in with notes makes it easier an faster. will a variable feeding/nute regime to match stages of our pure satties help them or will they b counter productive based on strain type ? some like what's in the ground much better feeding them with a suitable mix, most of them love organics and you don't have to feed them a ton for them to thrive. 

i think that's all i can thin of. :j