•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
HUFFnPUFF

Moment of Pollination?

Since the search is bonkers and i only find results about storing pollen and genetic brainstorms heres my question:

What when how is the best moment to pollenate, yes silly question but there must be some science to it instead of just having a horny stud bukkake all over your virgins :o

Open to new thoughts :hug:

Easy way to pollinate is to use a q-tip to dust the pollen onto the pistils of the buds you want to produce seeds. 

Usually a couple of times in the 3rd week of flower is your best bet. Just make sure you give the mommy 5-6 weeks after pollination for the seeds to fully develop. 

Remember to remove the girl you want to impregnate from the floor room (preferably), or make sure all fans are off to avoid spreading pollen to unwanted areas. 

• Like 1

Good point "few times" i just dust them once, unless it didnt work, most times around during 2nd week of actual flowering, is there a reason for multiple dustings? just more seeds? i always try to keep the amount of seeds low as possible (so about 100seeds a plant) to keep quality high and at the same ripeness by doing it once

Last time i think i was too soon, as it stunted pistil development (hey i want my meds too :lol:) vertically, would dusting the middle of the buds help in this?

Any bud I pollinate is for seed only, so as many as possible is my goal. I pollinate 1 cola/branch and get several hundred seeds.  The rest of the plant is for smoking. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Justcozz said:

use a q-tip to dust the pollen onto the pistils

I used a thin brush for painting. Like the ones for aquarel painting. Q-tips were not that easily releasing the pollen at times...but I'm no expert on this!

• Like 1

I too use a small artist brush 

I start at 3 weeks from flip or when I see the buds develop and I do dust them at least 2 to 3 times 

when I just hit them once they don’t take 

peace

• Like 2