•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Toker

It the seed sinks....

If it sinks it's shit correct?

I know it should sink after 24 or so

But if it sinks out of the breeder's package, goes into the water and drops like a stone...it's shit?

Barney's farm seed sank

DP...floaters

Hi toker 

I just had that happen I believe it was  a fresh pack of seeds 

100 % germ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the sinker may make it?

Oh well time will tell.

Thanks and congrats

Well this is stupid.

I just looked at it and now it's floating.

Lol, life....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Haha well I concur with Papalag, I had 1 out of 6 jahliceus sink in the glass the other day, but they all germed:).

They are in jiffys now.

It's a ballsy move to order

One seed or 2

But DP and fast buds hit home runs last time.

Fingers crossed, the only thing different I have done is go straight to jiffys after soak

No paper towel

That's how Dina fem shows how they do it so wtf..

• Like 1

I"ve done jiffy's, Rapid Rooters, and rock wool cubes, but I always drown a few, I have WDD, Watering Deficit Disorder.   But I almost never lose one in paper towels.

Guess I'm just water challenged.   

Funny, us humans always have to change what we KNOW works, it hopes of something that may work better.  But, never had anything work better than paper towels.

I do love Rapid Rooters for clones, super easy, turn them upside down so they stand up, push your stem in, stick under my desk lamp 24/7, roots in ten days on most.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dieseldog381 said:

I"ve done jiffy's, Rapid Rooters, and rock wool cubes, but I always drown a few, I have WDD, Watering Deficit Disorder.   But I almost never lose one in paper towels.

Guess I'm just water challenged.   

Funny, us humans always have to change what we KNOW works, it hopes of something that may work better.  But, never had anything work better than paper towels.

I do love Rapid Rooters for clones, super easy, turn them upside down so they stand up, push your stem in, stick under my desk lamp 24/7, roots in ten days on most.    

Ditto, I've been cracking seed for 48 years, tried every way possible and I always come back to paper towels, 99.999999999 % germ rate over a lot of years, they're sterile, hold the right amount of moisture with no re-moistening and they're cheap too!;) Like I always say though, what works for you is what works the best. I like the Rapid Rooters for clones also, saved 2 keepers from outside cuts this fall with them and I'm talking late fall, from bud.

Baq

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2019 at 4:40 PM, Toker said:

If it sinks it's shit correct?

I know it should sink after 24 or so

But if it sinks out of the breeder's package, goes into the water and drops like a stone...it's shit?

Barney's farm seed sank

DP...floaters

I've grown many a sinker.

After a day or two plant seeds or put into paper towel if you like.

• Thanks 1

Damn thing sank...

Then floated.

Then sank again, it all good they are in jiffys about to pop out.

Paper towels work great contrary to much to do about 

Micro roots and ripping them.

I just wanted to do it like dinafem.

Hell I have chunked bagseed in a paper towel under my bed and came back days later and they were 3 inches long.

But when you buy them...

And like one seed/strain at the time your really trusting your breeder.

DP, Fast buds are that kind of company.

No offence but I will never buy Nirvana again.

Lousy germ rates.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:19 PM, baqualin said:

Ditto, I've been cracking seed for 48 years, tried every way possible and I always come back to paper towels, 99.999999999 % germ rate over a lot of years, they're sterile, hold the right amount of moisture with no re-moistening and they're cheap too!;) Like I always say though, what works for you is what works the best. I like the Rapid Rooters for clones also, saved 2 keepers from outside cuts this fall with them and I'm talking late fall, from bud.

Baq

I like rapid rooters, except for hard to crack seeds.  With paper towels its easier to check if something is happening.

I have no patience

If I am  not seeing something in 36 hours it's garbage

I know.. I know

Just my preference

Weeeeelllll, I have a Sannies Jack that just now sprouted after 12 days in rock wool cubes.   SJ is a notoriously slow  sprouter in my experience.  

• Like 1

I'm looking for vigour

If it is slow, it's got to go.

I'm sweating my orange punch

They popped and I can see them in jiffys but they seem stalled, the photo has popped and is under light. 

Fingers crossed

Ditto on the vigor, I usually start double the seeds I'll grow, so I can pick and plant only the strongest sprouts.  I've done Sannie's Jack about five times, as well as Sensi's Jack, and found them all to be really slow starters, even after planting, than other strains.  But once they get going, they rock.   

I'm down to my last four SJ seeds, and  in ALL my SJ grows, I only had one male, from which I froze pollen some months back.  Be curious to see if it's still viable, as have some LSD and Acapulco Gold I'm going to dust with it.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@dieseldog381 those crosses sounds too dangerous to handle once their done do not take any chance just send them to me and I safely will give them a burial ( to dispose of them of course ) lol

damn :evil:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Papalag said:

@dieseldog381 those crosses sounds too dangerous to handle once their done do not take any chance just send them to me and I safely will give them a burial ( to dispose of them of course ) lol

damn :evil:

I forget who here was growing LSD, Misterdirt maybe?  Been watching it for awhile, and since most of what I grow is from Sannie's these days, it's good to outcross some stuff, you never know what might emerge.  The Acapulco Gold is a fake, of course, but gets pretty good reviews, and was own sale, lol.  Most Barnye's Farm stuff is pretty solid, except everything is feminized, I hate that, as I love my f2's.    Also have a Red Diesel and one of my favorites from last year, Jillybean, going on.   

• Like 1

@dieseldog381 I’ve grown out Barney’s lsd and pineapple chunk and a few others  I never had an issue   Good weed just took longer then expected 

• Like 1

We see what happens

They grew a 1/4 inch tap root and stopped it seems.

Photo does well. 

You got that backwards Toker. If the seed sinks, it's viable... if the seed floats, it's usually a dead seed. Attempting to germinate the seed is the only way to be sure if the seed is viable or not!

Seeds that sink have a greater density than the water around them and have everything needed within them to propagate properly... this includes nutrients, minerals, enzymes, ect.. all these things add weight.

Seeds that float have a lower density and may be floaters due to being cracked or hollow,  being deficient in nutes/minerals/enzymes or may have insects/larvae or bacteria eating them from the inside out causing them to be lighter and able to float.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DesertGrown said:

You got that backwards Toker. If the seed sinks, it's viable... if the seed floats, it's usually a dead seed. Attempting to germinate the seed is the only way to be sure if the seed is viable or not!

Seeds that sink have a greater density than the water around them and have everything needed within them to propagate properly... this includes nutrients, minerals, enzymes, ect.. all these things add weight.

Seeds that float have a lower density and may be floaters due to being cracked or hollow,  being deficient in nutes/minerals/enzymes or may have insects/larvae or bacteria eating them from the inside out causing them to be lighter and able to float.

You would think...

But thats the reverse of successful germing here

Last time all floated, sank and sprouted.

The sinker...sprouted but was weak and died.

I show ya in a day or so, hopefully.

When they sink they will crack open and into the paper towel they will go.

I better be right and you wrong

That's 50 bucks floating there mate.

Damn you think there be quantifiable data on this subject lol.

KIMG4539.JPG

desert grown is right !

his stated information IS info that is based on quantific experiences all over canna-world.

basic rule:

cannabis beans first float a little and then sink ... that's very normal, toker.

... AND there are exceptions to the rule ( ... that doesn't change it, though.)

how often did you experience a seed sinking right away?

exactly, this was an EXCEPTION (which made you ask in the first place)

*think, man* :) the seed was a dud, does not mean the line is bad or the seedmaker is shit.

most of the dogmatic opinions some people state about clones or seedlines, seedmakers and methods,

make them look a bit 'ignorant' sometimes ... *no offense and it's not specificly meant your way, brother*

also, one can "drown" seeds by letting them soak too long or leaving them too wet in the towels ect ect ect

(i'm not saying this happened to you now ... i am just mentioning various situations while germinating beans.)

*there are many aspects to consider*

it's not all black and white all the time, you know? ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok

First off, by no means is my failed attempt reflective of breeder

Except Nirvana..lol

Shit man 2 out of 20

No one take offense

So...I just tapped em and they sank.

Now I'm not arguing with desert or anyone else

Understand, mine floated for 24 hours 

Went into the dirt and then towel then dirt and now thrive.

I know this cause I saw it

And I. Fixing to show it again

Lol.

I hope I hope I hope that is...

Really want these plants.

Pisses me off, bag seed will grow in the dirt on the floor board of my car

True story.....

But when ya buy em ya sweat it the grow.

But ya I understand sometimes duds happen

Got no problem with DP

Or orange punch, in fact I'm going to g to order  7 more.

Prolly next week

I'm waiting on LSD and Moby dick to clear the Jamaica terminal in NYC

When I get a notification it's moving I know we clear customs.

Your seeds I did like I have soany times in past

I wet jiffys real wet for one day

Then squeeze out lots of water but still keep nice and moist

This time I cover with plastic

Sometimes I put in humidity dome.

I swear I hope they come up

This mint genes has me licking my chops

Seeds sink and not pop up

I have had that happen to.

2 more hours and into towels they go.

Fingers crossed

KIMG4540.JPG