•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

tokeycones

New grower any tips/info?

Hey guys, First time grower here just thought i'd share afew pics with you guys to get some feedback/suggestions . I have 5 Grandaddy purples and one OG kush in 30L 70/30 coco/perlite mix using nutrifield synthetic nutrients. i'm currently at day 21 of flower and i'm having humidity issues i have a dehumidifier in my tent but it won't come below about 55% is this going to cause me issues later into flower?44322776_1106019432901396_5810326045445849088_n.jpg.4a9fe367d0eaeff8e55578b65daf2bae.jpgc1ear.thumb.jpg.b5f1b6479b6573818a2adc819981d5a9.jpgnugsz.thumb.jpg.1d07bca6ca7e8aefbd51293b31795d5f.jpg663406068_c1oseup.thumb.jpg.5c2acf28c964694349cd97c359890d15.jpg

• Like 6

Welcome aboard 

nice scrog 

• Like 1

Welcome to OG. 55RH should be fine, just keep an eye on the buds as you get farther into flower. I wouldn't worry though.

• Like 2

Very good! Don't worry about humidity long as the walls of the tent are dry. If not, open up a window.

And welcome aboard! 

• Like 2

Welcome to OG Tokey.

Like the others say, don't worry about the humidity, your plants looking nice. Do i see it correctly? It seems like some leaves are having it hot.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sunnyvale said:

Welcome to OG Tokey.

Like the others say, don't worry about the humidity, your plants looking nice. Do i see it correctly? It seems like some leaves are having it hot.

one or two leaves have a funny curl to them but their nice and moist /dark green thought it was nutrient related or something. And sweet with the humidity thanks

• Like 1

Hay @tokeycones can you post some pic of the leaves with the issue 

I know I often over feed the directions on the jar seems too much for the young plants to handle  so less is more 

also nitrogen toxicity is common and dark green is a clue 

need to see pics just relating experiences 

Great canopy 

peace

• Like 4

It seems to me your temps are high a bit.

When I zoom in on your plants it looks like they are starting to taco or canoe.

What are you high and low temps and humidity levels.

You have shark teeth, do not go higher in EC.  You are fine I think but at limit.  With temps high this will affect EC uptake.

What is your EC ins and outs?

This is good info

http://culturalhealingandlife.com.www413.your-server.de/index.php?/forum/27-indoor-environment/

If you see water/moisture on the leaves, consider culling those leaves.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hempyfan said:

It seems to me your temps are high a bit.

When I zoom in on your plants it looks like they are starting to taco or canoe.

What are you high and low temps and humidity levels.

You have shark teeth, do not go higher in EC.  You are fine I think but at limit.  With temps high this will affect EC uptake.

What is your EC ins and outs?

This is good info

http://culturalhealingandlife.com.www413.your-server.de/index.php?/forum/27-indoor-environment/

If you see water/moisture on the leaves, consider culling those leaves.

max temp 29c low temp 23c avg 27c  Average RH 55-60% nothing i can do abuot temps not buying aircon on my first run, yes i know i've been creeping up the ec slowly and just started to get the (claw) which i guess is the shark teeth your referring too? when i was bringing the ec's up i waterd them all to runoff took notes whats going in then what came out ec/ph wise was all different soem coming out same as going in (left same ec)some were going in 800-850 coming out 450 so i increased in ec, one was coming out 1150 an was the smaller one so i decreased ec a bit, not entirely sure if that's how it works but the lower ec ones had higher runoff ph so i'm assuming thats because more nutes were depleted=heavy feeder.

ok cool man can you explain to me why is seeing moisture on leaves bad? if you are in the right VPD range with temp/humidity they should have stomato open 24/7 so if a leave ever overlaps another leaf it's going to pool a bit of moisture ontop of the leaf that is being covered

3 hours ago, Hempyfan said:

6 hours ago, Papalag said:

Hay @tokeycones can you post some pic of the leaves with the issue 

I know I often over feed the directions on the jar seems too much for the young plants to handle  so less is more 

also nitrogen toxicity is common and dark green is a clue 

need to see pics just relating experiences 

Great canopy 

peace

yea mate it's lights out for the next 10 hours get some snaps after that, i think it may have been the hps being too close as i hadn't raised it in a while and the plants were sti.l stretching

Ok, the temperature and humidity are your most important factors.  It regulates what your plant can and cannot do.

Environment is the typical problem have as new growers, than and too much EC.

Now if you see water on the leaves where the leaves touch.  This is begging for mold.  This is caused by leaves to close and with insufficient air flow and typically insufficient environment.

Shark teeth:

• The shark teeth indicate the plant is about to get pissed off with the EC being high.  Is ok but use it as a last sign to reduce your EC for that plant in those conditions. 
    • This can be in part caused by high temps. 
    • Reduce EC input when feeding during periods of high temperature.  The plant will take up more water to help cool itself and uptake to high concentrations of EC. 

Taco or canoeing leaves:  

• Inward curling/Taco/Canoe is the plants way of attempting to shield its stomata so it begins to curl like a taco or canoe.
    • The lights could be to close and/or too environmental issues.

Your VPD range is good for mid to late flowering.  However, these charts are a general rule and the area around the leaves can be different than what is read at say canopy level compared to various levels.  Either way, your leaves are showing stress.  I would adjust the temperature lower if possible.  You could try adding more humidity to 65% humidity with a 29c temp but an air conditioner is easier to control.  If you add more humidity, at week 5-6 of flower cut back to where you are now in vpd.  

Investing in an AC is a must.  Also, the larger and the faster the change in the difference in light and dark periods temperature and humidity wise increases your chance for developing mold.  Work to shrink those numbers a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 isnt worrisome

however you might have a more efficient airflow with the fan in the middle

a covering over the medium might also help if evaporation from the soil is high (unless you have feltpots etc ;) )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HUFFnPUFF said:

55 isnt worrisome

however you might have a more efficient airflow with the fan in the middle

a covering over the medium might also help if evaporation from the soil is high (unless you have feltpots etc ;) )

hey, Ye that pic is at the very start i've got 3 in there now definitely ample airflow

• Like 1

I mean putting the extracting/filter fan in the middle, so you have airflow going up equal on both sides, if you have the filter on one side all air will be pulled over the plant closest to the filter?

unless you hang up 3 filters  :lol:

Well shit

New grower

That's one hell of a set up

Dunno if anyone suggested this

I find defoliation a huge help with humidity.

• Like 1

Those plants are looking good for the most part... still showing some signs of stress, but it doesn't appear to be too bad... or something to lose sleep over... they'll be ok.

All the talk about 55% humidity means little... that is barely humid (0% - 50% is considered dry, 51% - 75% humid, 76% - 100% wet) plants are happier with a humidity level a little above 55%, but they will also require more air circulation/ventilation with these higher levels too... especially if the heat in the room is a little too high as well.

Humidity levels are important to the plant and knowing how to keep it within the proper range is also important. Too much heat coupled with too much humidity creates condensation. You never want to experience condensation inside your grow room... it creates the perfect breeding ground for mold & mildew... keep those fans on to circulate the air within and above the canopy.

• Like 3

I am more HD in my views.  I work to bring out the best possible by poin

I see environment that while keep you happy, the girls are not and now I ask, has an unhappy girl ever been at her potential?

For new growers, becoming satisfied with stressed plants is not to be taught well.

I have run similarly stressed plants along not stressed plants.  The difference is significant if doing numbers in terms of yield and in terms of terpine production and even finishing.

Plant physiology for 1,000 Alex.  (For our Euro friends that is American jeopardy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hempyfan said:

I am more HD in my views.  I work to bring out the best possible by poin

I see environment that while keep you happy, the girls are not and now I ask, has an unhappy girl ever been at her potential?

For new growers, becoming satisfied with stressed plants is not to be taught well.

I have run similarly stressed plants along not stressed plants.  The difference is significant if doing numbers in terms of yield and in terms of terpine production and even finishing.

Plant physiology for 1,000 Alex.  (For our Euro friends that is American jeopardy!

sure, however there is also making do with what you've got until you can afford better ;)

• Like 1