•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Growboy

New set-up new lights

Hi,

Using the Cobs for the first time (just ordered 3x3500K). I'm growing indoors for 30 years now and this would be the first time I don't have to worry about high temperatures (I hope:). Still a conservative grower and not totally convinced regarding auto flowers. In my opinion what we grow needs time to develop and it will affect the yield, taste and high! So as soon as I have my Cobs will set up a old fashion grow without the fancy stuff ..! 

Starting a new build as my old set-up is broken down due to renovations of my property also down-scaling!

Air is coming from the bottom front of the wardrobe channeled behind the storage compartment passing the tube heaters (and this is light tide).
Due to no heat coming of the lights I suspect I have to add some heat into the wardrobe to reach the preferred temperature. 

setup1.thumb.jpg.cc5ce122637d0a586a128c93cd1d75b1.jpg

Normally the silencer goes behind the fan now it have it in front to damping the electrical hum coming from the extractor fan...
And it works reduced the hum about 60% of what it was without.
It's really silent...

silen.jpg.110f96780b6d8263b7de6c5b7d2fa48d.jpg

My Cob wardrobe is almost ready only some small things to do like the mounting 2 fans on a rail so they can move up and down.
Have 2 tube heaters if the temp, goes to low when the lights are off. Will need to calibrate the wardrobe and dial it all in for the best,
temperature and have to seal the doors as it like to be light tide.

cob_wardrope.jpg.c6041588435bf44fb6b59f9b8c76faeb.jpg

Installed a fan controller able to set temperature and * low speed. My attic is vented and exhaust is going out.
Air intake can be mixed or (outdoors (summer)) or (indoors (winter)) (all filtered)

timer.jpg.0bfd40287775dc857b908d1a4a26baa0.jpg

Just an observation, I've ordered 3 x 3500 K (flower red) and 1 x 6500 K cobs (veg blue)
You can clearly see the difference in color after color correction in PS (photo below)

BR.thumb.jpg.6edb419aa17036ae7c777dfc95c2662c.jpg

Dropped 2 x Skunk autoflower

20181213_004550.jpg.050ae4c5faff7091e13d63071ab020e5.jpg

Ten days later

101218.jpg.c2f3064465d3aa855b599ea525165f0e.jpg

Made 2 telescopic aluminium rods to support the PVC coated wire mesh panel, adjustable in height without using screws/nails. 

scr1.jpg.c042c7066460bcfa96fcc616865e2d6e.jpg

scr3.thumb.jpg.b93b4fe61082c374c63ae7b3fc9c83cc.jpgscr2.thumb.jpg.27bc1f403db8a1c59e15373190280123.jpg

Topped right Lady left one is 3 or 4 days behind

181218B.jpg.f95d02bedd5bea5ae91498561d5d77e9.jpg

Here some shots

22a.jpg.083291e58fb0369ddd515f93d99a1b2c.jpg

29.jpg.78a9d3bd8896bce5159c46b19fa10bf6.jpg

31b.jpg.59a9ecd4bcdd4465c5bb3f1e284ef0d4.jpg

44.jpg.9378c34ca6d2a2765d0dc69378e4f0fb.jpg

More updates will follow soon...

Grtx Growboy AKA Rainmain, Raincheck

• Like 13

Nice and clean set up and grow. thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

Just planted a Blumat digital tensiometer,

I should have 2 more but can't find them after demolishing my big grow room, that's where I used them for years!
For me it was dead handy a good indicator of what was going on even now as lifting a pot is difficult to feel the weight.
Between 90 - 120 mbar was perfect but have a new set-up smaller pots, different lights and hardly no heat.
Time will tell...

tensio-meter1-jpg.1008212

tensio-meter-jpg.1008214

How does a tensiometer work?
The soil moisture can easily be measured via suction pressure. This tension arises because plants,
absorb water from the soil against the suction power of the soil. With a tensiometer you measure the
suction force in which the water in the soil is retained. Because the suction force causes
underpressure in the tube of the meter, you can read the voltage from the display. This number
represents the minimum suction force that the roots must exert to absorb water from the ground.

Grtx Rain
  • Like 3

Great setup and Details! the plants enjoy it and so am I. I grab a seat

Greetz 

• Like 1

Still a few weeks to go,

I can only compare this run with my old set-up but it's comparing apples to oranges (or any other fruit):

• Auto-flower vs Photo's
  • Hps vs Cobs

As I see it now the flower development is a bit attenuate, diaphanous, sheer, slender, slim, spare, twiggy and weedy.
But hey it's my first run and already know i have to make a few adjustments regarding:

• Light intensity (Cobs to close)
  • Day/night cycle (20/4 hrs to 18/6 hrs)
  • Water management (to little/dry)

20190201_065514-jpg.1008930

Grtx Rain

• Like 4

Very nice, either you don't smoke much or space is very limited.

But if you increased your cab size by just a few square feet

You kill some yield.

Kill it lol

Very nice  grow though

11 hours ago, Toker said:

Very nice, either you don't smoke much or space is very limited.

But if you increased your cab size by just a few square feet

You kill some yield.

Kill it lol

Very nice  grow though

Hi,

Indeed I don't smoke that much but more important don't have to care for 12 ladies as in my old set-up.

It's so much easier now done in 10 minutes. Will do 2 or 3 runs a year as before only one to supply my needs.

VPYXP7U.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Papalag said:

Nice setup 

It really is a sea of colas

Day 57 still going
(photo is overexposed, refers to a white-looking or washed-out image like this!)

57-jpg.1010870

Compare to Day 29

29b-jpg.997666

• Like 5

Beautiful wardrobe. Makes me wanna start working on my handyman skills

• Like 1

Hi grow guy do you have only 1 filter for each room or does one handel all three rooms like a lung room 

I am very interested , you got me thinking about expanding . this would work in my garage I have a12 foot long wall I can build out 2 feet and hide behind a fake wall 

If getting caught growing is an issue.  I recommend a filter in each grow room and in the lung room.

I also recommend changing the filter every 9 months instead of a year but that is me being extra cautious.

If you run on the high humidity side, change the filter for sure at 9 months but if good environment your good fortune a year but I like the extra security.

If you can have people who have great smell and not used to the grow walk the perimeter they will help you determine how long until change.

• Like 2

Hi forum,

I've noticed some deficiencies looking at the leaves, I would like to know what it could be!
I have a fair idea but would like a second opinion.

But I'm not to worried as harvest is approaching....

deficiency-jpg.1012998

It's clearly a calcium/magnesium deficiency,

I've never encountered this before using HPS + photo's but I was warned about this with fast auto-flowers + cobs. 
Although I've added some CANNA Mono calcium/magnesium during this run maybe not enough.

Here stages of events calcium/magnesium deficiency

• Upper leaf issues show spotting first
  • Yellow, brown spots appear on leaf and tips
  • Lower leaves curl and twist

Never the less I am going to harvest coming weekend (10 weeks)!

Day 80,

First one down Skunk (fimmed) not a clue about the weight (dried)!

80-fimmed-sk-jpg.1016106

• Like 1

Hi Growboy,

what a great setup! :tu

Very clean and very well designed! 

Just a few questions :

about the spectrum, you use the 6500K only for veg and you switch to 3500K when they begin to flower? 

Do you have dimables drivers for your COBs?

it could be very nice to mix 6500K and 3500K at différents currents. 6500K only is not the best for vegetative stage because it lacks of red wavelengths. So for vegging you can use both 6500K and 3500K, with 3500K at 40% power. This way the spectrum will be better, the growth will be faster, and the leaves a little bigger.

The 3500K cob spectrum works, but it is lacking of 660nm red. Are they CRI70 or CRI80?

I think you have build a really perfect , only the lights can be a bit bettered.

My 2 cts

greetz