•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

dieseldog381

The Dog House Beer, Pizza, and Pot Emporium

Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!    It's colder than a well diggers butt in January here in the midwest, so thought I'd share my latest project.

I've had my eyes on Barney's Farm LSD and Acapulco Gold for some time, so decided to go for it.   From front left clockwise I have Red Diesel (a freebie), Acapulco Gold, and by herself, LSD.  I also had a Jilly Bean, that was a male, but he was an absolute beast, twice as large as these, monster stems, sexed super early, so I cloned him for the pollen.  Jilly Bean is some super tasty weed, and a great high.

Just flipped them to 12/12 yesterday   Simple DWC setup, I use super aeration with two 4 inch micro pore stones per 20 gal reservoir and high volume air pump.  This run, I'm comparing Advanced Nutrients (LSD tank) vs Fox Farm (Diesel and Gold tank), and only adding the basics, plus Botanicare Hydrogard, my new best friend!   So far, I like the Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom better.  I changed reservoir water 6 days ago, and the Advanced Nutrients absolutely FRIED my LSD and Jilly Bean.  BUT, got the PPM and PH under control in a day or so, and she's doing awesome now.  All these were defoliated 6 days ago!   

I also have my Chucky's Bride mom that I rose from the dead, she was BAD!!!  Worst cast of root rot, like, ever, thought there was no way she'd ever recover.  Changed her reservoir, and added massive amounts of Hydrogard, and danged if she didn't bounce back.  Took her a month, but gorgeous white roots now, from what was brown mush.  

I've got some Sannie's Jack pollen frozen, that I hope is still viable that I plan to hit them all with, love my F1's.  

Peace, all, stay warm.       

IMG_0724.jpg

LSD

IMG_0721.jpg

Acapulco Gold

IMG_0726.jpg

Red Diesel

IMG_0727.jpg

• Like 10

Looking good Dog 

ill hang in for the show

hopefully the pollen will still be good 

nice big ass leaves healthy 

• Like 1

looks like a goood scrog in near future :tu ......gonna get me a chair as well

• Like 1

"nice big ass leaves healthy"

LOL, You should have seen the ones I just trimmed, they were two or three times as big!  That's LED's, for ya.  Once a plant has a good root ball, you can drop them down, and get insane growth.    The Jilly Bean grew like it lived next to a nuclear power plant, biggest leaves I've ever seen, and twice the root mass of the others in less time.  Thought the male might be some fun breeding stock.       

They're a bit green right now, from my nutrient screw up a week ago, but PPM is about 750, and they're using up the extra in their tissue pretty rapidly.   They have a touch of edge curl still, but the leaves look pretty mean.  I kicked myself for that one, as they were all looking perfect.  

Growing about an inch a day, the AG, about two inches right now.  Thought I'd better get them flowering if they're going to go nine or ten weeks.   

• Like 2

Here we are 1  week later, 1 week flowering.  The LSD just keeps growing outward, very little height gain, yet.  You can see some of the huge leaves underneath, but I've been taking a lot of them off if they block bud sites.  I'll strip them naked about three weeks into flower.  :)   

Never done a mix and match strain grow in the same bucket, seems to be working fine.  The roots look fabulous, pearly white.  I'm doing a less is more grow, only using veg and flower nutes, Hydrogard, and Great White.   Ph is hanging surprisedly steady at 6.4, and keeping my PPM under 800.  The left side is Fox Farm, the right is Advanced Nutrients three part system.  They both look great so far.  

The small plant is a Sannie's Jack, that finally popped after two and half weeks in rock wool, for all you impatient seed starters.  It was planted December 18th.  Jack's are notoriously slow starters, in my experience, but this was ridiculous!     

IMG_0730.thumb.jpg.f07cf9a6724be107a94665186ace8839.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Here's the Barney girls beginning three week flower.   Looking really nice, I've been stripping leaves like crazy, if I didn't, it would be out of control.  

The LSD, on the right, has been interesting, very little stretch, she just keeps growing outward, low, and squat.  Which is perfect since she has that whole side to stretch her legs.

Bonus question:  Can you spot the sativa, boys and girls?  The AG is stretching like a bandit, but the Orange Diesel is pretty bushy.

I'll defoliate them in another week, heck, I'll have no choice!   

Happy Valentines Day everyone!  

IMG_0741.thumb.jpg.b7c59874724a314d48e2fd56339305fc.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

• Like 9

My Chucky's Bride Mom I almost lost.  

Kind of proud of this one, I wish I'd take a pic when she was at deaths door, it was bad!  She had a few yellow leaves left, 10 inches tall, and roots that looked like they'd been dipped in tar.  Never had a spot of root rot before, so was trying to figure what I could of done wrong!  I'd changed out the reservoir, added Hydrogard, and nothing, just kept getting worse.   

So, resolved that I was going to loser her anyway,  I went all Rambo on her, cut off all visible roots, dipped the root ball in 3% Hydrogen Peroxide for an hour, then sterilized all airstones, lines, etc, and put her back in with a large dose of Hydrogard, and 25% Fox Farm Grow Big.   It took her a month, but in about a week, I noticed tiny pearly white roots emerging from the old brown ones, and now, she's got huge pearly whites!  

She's about to get away from me, but I'm going to strip her and flower her next week, AFTER taking some good clones!  She actually has a bit of pink in the cured buds, and that classic Chucky's taste.  So glad I didn't lose her!    

IMG_0746.thumb.jpg.443c78dac46577ec855f81828034e79c.jpg

IMG_0745.thumb.jpg.7aab55da98939fdd17606766e1d717b3.jpg

• Like 4

Haircut day!   They begin 4 weeks flower tomorrow, so I stripped her.   The LSD has an interesting grow pattern, don’t believe I’ve seen a plant stay so short and squat.   She was bushy as heck, though.   

The Acapulco Gold and Orange Diesel are pretty spindly.  They should firm up further into flower.  

C5E80D7E-3E7B-4A94-B630-E13F03094705.jpeg

7F613D66-0710-452F-857E-74615A3F0CF7.jpeg

4D6BE69E-025F-4B8D-8B33-8527EC1DF2BD.jpeg

F6323F74-4A39-4FA3-BD79-12EAED520709.jpeg

• Like 8

Hey DD,  I'm getting here late.. I gotta go back and catch up. I always wanted to try the LSD. I actually had one, or two, I believe that AGP gifted me but they didn't germinate.. can't remember much else. 

Hey while I'm thinking about it, what was the name of the Advance Nutrients flush product you recently used? 

The grow looks awesome man. I'm locked in now. peace

13 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Hey DD,  I'm getting here late.. I gotta go back and catch up. I always wanted to try the LSD. I actually had one, or two, I believe that AGP gifted me but they didn't germinate.. can't remember much else. 

Hey while I'm thinking about it, what was the name of the Advance Nutrients flush product you recently used? 

The grow looks awesome man. I'm locked in now. peace

Advanced Nutrients Flawless Finish.  Just used it for my Chucky's Bride for the first time, and really liked it, made it smoke really clean and soft, and it burns with a pure white ash, just like you want.  Compared it to some earlier bud, and it was MUCH better tasting, and burned really solid.

• Like 1

Here they are one week later, beginning week 5 of flower, and  I'm so disappointed!   I thought I'd be harvesting bushels of rock hard buds by now.  Just goes to show, defoliation doesn't work!!  

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gardenartus said:

Oh just wait, the magic will begin soon :)

Hope you're right!  Fun to see how shocked they are when you first strip them, but overnight, they start reaching for the lights and firm up.

I've taken a ton of big fan leaves off just this past week, just too keep the canopy open, as they regenerate fast.  Curious to see what the LSD does for buds, given her short stature.   

• Like 2

Oh yeah, they'll fatten up. Nowhere for the energy to go now except the buds. Once it adjusts. I always waned to get that strain so I'll be happy to watch and hear what you think. Best vibes on the finish.

• Like 2

I love when a new strain first begins to smell.   The Acapulco Gold is intoxicating, has this exotic perfume jasmine patchouli smell, reminiscent of something old school. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Goodfellow said:

Whose seed did you use? Sounds nice. 

These are Barney’s Farm, so of course not the real AG, but it’s definitely sativa.     I wanted the LSD, as heard it was the old Reeferman Love Potion #1, and the AG was on sale and sounded interesting.  Most BF strains are pretty good stuff.  

I do know Barney’s stole Reefermans old Honey Bee Strain, So well see.  The LSD looks full blown Indica, it’s a Mazar x Skunk as I recall.  

• Like 3

I was thinking Barneys. That one does sound really good. Seems like he has some sort of Panama Red. I've got some beans that are supposed to be the real deal from some old school guy. My friend couldn't get them to germinate and he gave me some to try. I got one to pop and grow, and it looks like Panama from all pics I've seen, but I didn't get to finish it out fully. I had to be out of town for work and left it in the hands of someone who couldn't give two shits about it and let it get infested with bugs. I tried to save it when I came home once, but by the time I got back from the job the plants were all too far gone. They had PM and bugs so I let them go. Gonna try again this year. I really want to make beans if possible. He has a few more I believe.

He also gave me a large number of old Mexican landrace stuff with no names or other info. They might be fun. He got them from the same old guy I believe.

Best vibes with her! peace

• Like 1

The LSD I got from a dispensary was definitely LP1. There is some variability in the strain, but you should get the lemon Pledge scent with most.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

The LSD I got from a dispensary was definitely LP1. There is some variability in the strain, but you should get the lemon Pledge scent with most.

Now that I think of it, I do believe you were the one I heard this from first, but have seen a few others claim the same.  LP#1 was a Colombian backcross, so maybe that’s the skunk used in LSD?   

Wish someone would reconstitute some of his stuff, like Willie Nelson.  At one time, he was a pretty good breeder, but his reputation seems pretty sketchy online. 

• Like 1

LP1 was (G13 Airborne x Santa Marta Columbian Gold) x Santa Marta Columbian Gold.

I've never tried to prove out a keeper male, but I assume it's all that much more of a hassle when it's a long-flowering, tropical sativa.

BTW, I'll definitely be making f2's of Willie Nelson, assuming the female is good. But one of the reasons no one tried to remake that must be that there's not much of a market for 18+ week strains.

I've seen a 9-week RM strain for sale that he called Willie Nelson (seeds he created after his melt down, when he temporarily left the seed biz), but I can't see how it could be very similar to the original 18-week strain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

T

4 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Willie was breeding? right on.

Actually, he is,has his own pot company, Willies select I think.   I only tried the Reeferman Willie Nelson once, and it was exceptional.   Sticky green sweet bud.   I had thought Reeferman bred it originally.  

Yeah, I knew he had a commercial gig. Nice to hear he was tinkering, too. He's been doing it forever and proud of it.

What's LP1?  Lemon Pledge?,,