•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

dieseldog381

The Dog House Beer, Pizza, and Pot Emporium

Playing with the camera this am, and trimming Goji OG pheno #2, much larger buds than #1, super sticky.  Snow on the ground this morning, 26% humidity, stuff starts drying out REALLY fast this time of year, so I use the brown bag method to slow them down a bit.  

One to go, dang, week 12, and it just won't finish.  I could take it, but I just don't like to see any white pistils at harvest, guess some salvias you have to, as they'll put out horns forever.  Think this one is on her way out.  Three plants, three totally different bud structures, not what I'd call "stable", lol.

I'm freezing her butt the next few days, it's 48 F in there with lights out, that'll teach her slow old ass.  

P1000516.thumb.jpg.8365fc52efb7469ac9458d6af8a2a4d2.jpgP1000515.thumb.jpg.4ad4127b76552d38b982123bac5fbc7f.jpgP1000513.thumb.jpg.c66d6e024151e5779c955c98bc9dadd2.jpgP1000510.thumb.jpg.6fcd19e4b3d8c1ef633ebb2551bac6d8.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Almost exactly the same here, just different names.. we were in Derek's bedroom downstairs and loaded with posters and black lights. Same bands in the mix... along with a couple dozen others, no bad bands back then either almost.

I think I'm going to cry.......Led Zep 1, Moody Blues Threshold of a Dream, The White Album, Neil Young's Crazy Horse, and no black light room would be complete without a strobe and Mark Farner's Grand Funk Railroad.  

• Like 1

All of the above, all of the above... my friend had every alum ever made in the 70's I think. I saw a real good many in concert. Usually $6-7 to see people like Alice Cooper, Ten Years After, Leslie West and Mountain..... so many good bands.

Threshold of a Dream was a personal favorite. A buddy of mine had a blue camaro and we would skip school and do drugs and smoke and listen the that album and the Who's Next album...r I should say 8 track tapes. heh. 1972. Funny, I'm sitting here smoking some '72 Colombian Gold in Smilestyle's Golden wedding (CG crossed to Malawi Gold). It may be the first time I've smoke any 72 CG since then, heh.  So, cool. CG and C Red were the shit.

• Like 1

Just dropped the final Goji Og this morning, got tired of waiting.  This one is at 12 weeks, she's a floppy bitch, not too impressed with structure, and the buds are all long sativa leafy buds.  But, she's stupid sticky, and much heavier than she looks, nice floral skunk scent, too.  

Not one I'd want to keep at 12 weeks, but looks to be some nice weed.  

P1000532.thumb.jpg.6f404e7aaca3227c7f472bc644961a56.jpgP1000533.thumb.jpg.2a798f98d2de0ec34e668d283f43647b.jpgP1000520.thumb.jpg.2089e5b04450052a87723bac9a64b542.jpgP1000531.thumb.jpg.68e7adc7879a95e46a0e5f810baa3a93.jpgP1000528.thumb.jpg.09f6075b065f20c7302c3863b40bf7bc.jpgP1000519.thumb.jpg.1a3fb11442d6471783ff0260b2629e84.jpgP1000525.thumb.jpg.5b9ac5cc910d86603d2fc013ae32ee21.jpgP1000526.thumb.jpg.52b473ee2591e7e4d7d1f03b27c1c1d7.jpgP1000522.thumb.jpg.dd9aa5969ce013fbdb46ebfa985f2a0b.jpg

• Like 5

Just opened a jar of sugar punch after a few months, nice smoke, hits pretty hard if you pull on it too fast, otherwise, a pretty soft smoke, crazy strong high.  

P1000536.thumb.jpg.79250ab005376dfb514b730f31d26811.jpgP1000539.thumb.jpg.54f24891ca12d8272185c292e197ebd8.jpg

• Like 6

Anyone else tired of chasing strains?   Longing for a simpler time, of 3 channel TV, Star Trek (the real one), bad Yoko Ono albums, only 4 wine selections in super markets, no such thing as craft beer, American Pie, and whatever pot happened to be smuggled in that month?   Grandma had one or two tomato seeds she'd plant, year after year, and they were always superb, best ever, every year.    

Was just thinking of how we're ALL consumed with the next best thing, the next super strain, the holy grail, the, the.........   ?  Being off the charts ADD myself, it's a challenge just to smoke the same thing twice.  But was just remembering when something "special" was in town, like Thai, which would be around for six months, then vanish like a fart in the wind.  Now, in the land of pot plenty, there's a never ending plethora of flavors, wines, new, better, better, better.........   But I've always had an affinity for older, aged things of quality, the heirlooms, the 57 strat, Marantz receivers, heirloom Jamaican, or blonde Lebanese hash.    

I used to have my regular go too weed, Chucky's Bride for a long time, still Kali Mist, but always have 4 or 5 others around, waiting on all those F2's I've never got to grow out.  Awwww, it's a great hobby, that alone justifies all the intensity and pursuit of excellence we put into it.  Wish I had some original Skunk #1 for New Years.   

I'm just philosophizing on my new, simpler, 2020.  Can't see it, because I no longer have 2020 vision.    

Bohdi's Apollo 11 F3's, from a few years ago, amazing plant is right, flowers in six and half weeks on the nose, every time.  Fruit and Cheese ball hard small nugs that fit perfectly in your bowl. Great for watching Star Wars marathons.  

Happy New Years, everybody   

IMG_0394.thumb.jpg.cffff5572c76beece4a83c0f0d08d806.jpgIMG_0398.thumb.jpg.b5fe2d5b28979c2319aba20d44ece7ef.jpgIMG_0384.thumb.jpg.6d10933f351997419006b26ba61d5783.jpg

• Like 9

I am just starting down the long, dark "strain hunting" road.   For years I have been growing nothing but jackberry, with a 5 pack of this or that thrown in here and there with varying success.   But now I am on the hunt for some really killer moms, and growing out 10-15 plants at a time and only flowering half of them is starting to get busy  

The problem is, I have to take way more clones then I can use to keep the moms healthy while selecting.  Right now I have a mix of 17 jackberry and silverfields clones ready to be planted with no place to go .  It will make me very sad to discard them... 

DB

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Darth Budder said:

I am just starting down the long, dark "strain hunting" road.   For years I have been growing nothing but jackberry, with a 5 pack of this or that thrown in here and there with varying success.   But now I am on the hunt for some really killer moms, and growing out 10-15 plants at a time and only flowering half of them is starting to get busy  

The problem is, I have to take way more clones then I can use to keep the moms healthy while selecting.  Right now I have a mix of 17 jackberry and silverfields clones ready to be planted with no place to go .  It will make me very sad to discard them... 

DB

You know, I've been looking at Jackberry, looks like a nice smoke, and one I've never gotten around to.  I dumped my Chucky's Bride I'd kept for a few years, just awful bud structure, potency wasn't there, although the taste sure was.  I've got a qp of it lying around, and smoke it just because it's such a joy to smoke.  

I''m just a closet grower, but I've sure ran a lot of strains in a very small space.  I used to put 4 or 5 different strains each run, then began doing one or two large plants, and found it to be more efficient and easier to manage.  I find you're always pleasantly surprised to try different breeders, as I've been running mostly Sannie's stuff for 5-6 years now, not that that's a bad thing.  I ran some Barney's Farm a few months back that was all awesome, have some Jilly Bean vegging that I've been meaning to run, as I enjoyed the strain in Colorado very much.

Happy New Year to you!

• Like 2

I cannot say enough about Jackberry, but here are my top thoughts:

You can smoke it all day, every day and not get sick of it, taste or effect wise. 

the high is somehow relaxing and energetic at the same time. The combined effect allows me to happily focus on anything i put in front of myself. Creative and thoughtful, none of this "Umm, where am i again?" 

Its one of two strains that has helped my wifes IBS pain, quickly. Once we have our smoke stock back up we will be looking at making tinctures to lengthen this effect. 

I do not think I have ever pulled off a full proper cure, and still the jackberry ive grown is some of the best tasting and smelling smoke i've had. 

Its fantastic for small spaces, especially if you limit the root space you give it.  I used to do 5qt hempy buckets with 1 qt res. I would pack 3 rows of 4 into a 3ftx3ft space (height was my issue) and nab .5-.75oz per plant under the 600watt. The plants would end up about a 24-30in of mainly cola with some small side buds (not the huge crowns you see in sannies picks of the 3-3.5ft plants, but not popcorn) and a ton of little fluff on the bottoms and side.  so much leaf on it i never found it smokable. not that i didnt smoke it in a pinch lol. These were the f3s if memory serves. 

Ill be cutting one down sometime over the next day or so... We haven't had any in a good six or seven months so it will be a chore not to dip in to the jars after its dried and trimmed. :)

DB

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 11:00 PM, Mr Goodfellow said:

This thing got colors about the same time I chopped it. The calyxes below the buds and stems all turned red on the bottoms. It does have the sativa dom to it. Not much trimming. It started to get a little PM right before harvest. I think it's the first time I ever had to deal with it. But, it's here outside, too. I want to grow it again. Definitely a boutique strain. I haven't really asked Beach about the history of the line but he gifted me some f3's. Not sure if he dit the f2s also..

peace

Lol better late then never. I got those f2 gifted ages ago and gifted some to beachbud. From your pics looks like he did a great job. (The f2 were made with a stud of a male!!) those f2 are all long gone

Thank you for making it to f3! @BeachBud 

got 6 of those chucky’s f3 sprouting and excited to see what comes of it :) 

happy new year to everyone!!:verrygood

• Like 3

Chucky's to start the New Year, sounds like a good plan to me @oldschoolsg. :)

• Like 2

Got kind of bored today, it's cold and gloomy in the midwest, so thought I'd clean out my freezer.

Below are the results of about 6-7 oz of sugar trim, except the Chucky's was two and half ounces of larfy buds.  The big piles are a conglomeration of Sugar Punch, Chucky's Bride, Goji OG, Kali Mist, Acapulco Gold, LSD, and Red Diesel, I think, I just throw all my sugar trim in freezer bags for hash and butter.  I only use the final trim, or sugar leaves these days.

Yield looks pretty good.  I freeze it for an hour, then let set and dry for 5 days before "pucking" it.  73 seems to be the sweet spot, new bags, never used them before.  I prefer a 90 myself, 120's pretty grainy, but nice to crumble into joints.   

P1000548.thumb.jpg.91907f2962815650c509013a19d6c5ac.jpgP1000547.thumb.jpg.cfae2a092823ed5ffb7f5b48f0032b85.jpgP1000546.thumb.jpg.d6ff73a065199c4d2c7e3bd6c8b7fc30.jpgP1000549.thumb.jpg.e516e285218d32848dba0c4681b5b20e.jpgP1000550.thumb.jpg.353251a1c0c8ba50cfaac0ab42702bc8.jpgP1000551.thumb.jpg.7f5dd55f10a3b7e031b6c85622cb0fa3.jpg

• Like 6

Rhetorically speaking, when is there TOO much THC?    I’m dealing with some Colorado kid addiction issues, using “shatter”, the crack of cannabis, and have connections to schools and hospitals there.  It’s BAD.   

Obviously, I’m no Prohibitionist, but selling 90% THC products is insane, this stuff is really hurting kids.  No legalization of a vice should be allowed without corresponding warnings of the risk, which are virtually absent in legal states.  

While I don’t oppose legalization, I knew how badly they’d eff it up due to the money behind it.  It’s no different from tobacco companies hooking WW 2 veterans on cigarettes, cannabis companies are doing worse.  

Not a popular perspective here, perhaps, but questions we’d better take seriously if we care about responsible legalization.  IMO.   

• Like 3

Agreed. People are hell bent on creating the image that we have fought so hard to keep in check for all of these years. It'll only come back to haunt them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Agreed. People are hell bent on creating the image that we have fought so hard to keep in check for all of these years. It'll only come back to haunt them.

That's a great point!  While there are confirmed medical benefits, portraying any drug as harmless, will come back and bite all of us.  I've often wondered what it would be like if it had never been illegal in the first place.  Most of the usage problems we have were created by the conspiracy between government, corporations, and now, big money.  Tobacco companies have already tooled up for maximum profit.  Heck, it's like Coors in the midwest, we all wanted it, until we could get it legally, then it wasn't any fun anymore, lol.    

I've got a family member strung out on shatter, and anyone who suggests THC is NOT addictive is simply wrong, research is pretty definitive.    Oh well.  Everything in moderation.  

Let me put go put my soap box back in the garage now, :P.

• Like 2

And on a positive note, my Jilly Bean male.  Just playing with the camera.  Gathered a bunch of pollen yesterday, I love making seeds.  

I tried this strain in Colorado, and really liked it, so thought I'd run some before summer.  Had five regular seeds (only kind I ever buy, generally) and had three males, two females, not too impressive, but adequate.  Two females are in Octopots, will flower them on Sunday.  

P1000552.thumb.jpg.c5c778efee8cb9c4533847e5d918717b.jpgP1000559.thumb.jpg.1b13ec7a93ae0386a24f5e54ba36f3cf.jpgP1000562.thumb.jpg.97d1380fc265ee6eafebe00a3b7fe12a.jpgP1000560.thumb.JPG.f72df624c0832ef2ac9aa38b37804de0.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Looks like a nice male. Let us know how it comes out. Never smoked Jilly.

It was a very fruity, soft smoke, chunky orange green nugs, perfect high, energizing yet calming without a hint of anxiety or paranoia.  

• Like 2

On 1/23/2020 at 9:40 AM, dieseldog381 said:

Rhetorically speaking, when is there TOO much THC?    I’m dealing with some Colorado kid addiction issues, using “shatter”, the crack of cannabis, and have connections to schools and hospitals there.  It’s BAD.   

Obviously, I’m no Prohibitionist, but selling 90% THC products is insane, this stuff is really hurting kids.  No legalization of a vice should be allowed without corresponding warnings of the risk, which are virtually absent in legal states.  

While I don’t oppose legalization, I knew how badly they’d eff it up due to the money behind it.  It’s no different from tobacco companies hooking WW 2 veterans on cigarettes, cannabis companies are doing worse.  

Not a popular perspective here, perhaps, but questions we’d better take seriously if we care about responsible legalization.  IMO.   

I agree. It's good that potent stuff is available for people who need it, medically, but extracts are not what recreational users should be smoking, IMO.

I have a med card and my brother does not. I avoided giving him a taste of wax/shatter/etc for about a year, because I knew that once he tried it, nothing else would satisfy. Well, there was no decent weed around, so… Anyway, now he can't appreciate any weed that's less than about 24% THC.

And don't get me started on vape pens! Aside from the health issues that arose from some idiots blending the extract with vitamin E, I just can't feel those things. Well, I feel it when I first take a draw, but then it's gone within a minute or two. But what I do get is all the bad effects of reefer — forgetfulness, inattentiveness, sluggishness.

For me, nothing is better than the plant — except sometimes bubble hash made from a powerful indica dom or hybrid. Sometimes.

• Like 3

That pretty much sums up my feelings on it, too. Vapes and wax just seem so one dimensional. All nuances from flower are gone. Maybe I'm more into flavors than others but I find the terpene experience to be almost everything. peace

• Like 4

Good comments all.  

At the risk of being an old fuddy duddy, I enjoy the plant most, and old school hash.  Would sure love to have some real black primo, or blonde Lebanese again.  There used to be some green Morrocan stuff that  came in bars, as I recall, pretty piney, was awesome too, ate a gram one time, and wished I hadn't, didn't intend to trip on the job that day, lol.  I was 18.  Thought I'd wasted $6 bucks, until it finally kicked in 2 and half hours later.   

Many kids today have no idea what went into what they are tending behind those Colorado counters with their man buns and tattoos.  Just for fun, I asked one for a Skunk #1, the deer in the headlight look was classic.  

Anyway, when I explained to him what Skunk #1 was, he said, "So you like the really old timey strains?"  I swear I heard him end that sentence with "grandpa", but I was pretty high.

All these kids are vaping.  I was going to buy some hash in Telluride, but it just looked too damn perfect, if that makes any sense.  I'm sure it'd get you high as shit, but something's just unnatural about so much of it.  It's like hydroponic tomatoes in grocery stores.  Blech!    

• Haha 2

Anyone run KO Kush anymore?  I've got a bunch of F2 seeds I made, and the Jilly Bean made me think of the KO.  

Yield on it sucks, but Ko Kush, for me, had a really nice, mellow, high, similar to the Jilly Bean, or another strain I really liked in Colorado, Dynamite.    Ko wasn't near the narcotic couch lock body slam some reviews claimed.  I mean it was very strong, but in a nice, peaceful, let's go do something, kind of way.  

• Like 1