Jump to content
  •     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

dieseldog381

The Dog House Beer, Pizza, and Pot Emporium

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

I didn't know, sorry to hear that.

 

3 minutes ago, oldschoolsg said:

Did not know that either :( 

Jilly Bean was her creation from the start. Badger, SUB’s main breeder  is also doing his own thing and his gear is on   http://Www.geneticsupply.com
he’s putting out breeder’s packs of Cuvée, Pandoras Box and a couple others.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, baqualin said:

 

Jilly Bean was her creation from the start. Badger, SUB’s main breeder  is also doing his own thing and his gear is on   http://Www.geneticsupply.com
he’s putting out breeder’s packs of Cuvée, Pandoras Box and a couple others.

Think Agent Orange was hers as well. I did not know they had broken up, thought still married when he passed. Good to see someone is continuing on. I still have Pandoras box, nice sativa with no ceiling.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baqualin said:

 

Jilly Bean was her creation from the start. Badger, SUB’s main breeder  is also doing his own thing and his gear is on   http://Www.geneticsupply.com
he’s putting out breeder’s packs of Cuvée, Pandoras Box and a couple others.

Wow, $275 for the Sub stuff. Jamaican Bodsled @dieseldog381. Just $275.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Chernobyl is 275 a pack too, better keep her lol thought she was clone only, so is Pandoras box. Whew

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are for breeder packs 50 seeds! Regular packs are around $100 for 10 seeds. Pretty much the same price they’ve always been.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

LOL, that's what I was thinking, dang, Soma's not that much.  

Soma’s flown to far on his magic carpet.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I couldn't wait, steam dried some Jilly Bean, and it's delicious, you just want to eat it.  Great high, too, pretty intense, but that always changes significantly.  Hey, how come no one ever advertises "aged cannabis, for true connoisseurs "?   My experience, six month to a year in jars, and wow.  

One of my favorite tasting strains in Colorado was Island Sweet Skunk, and this tastes exactly like that, with a bit more fruit.  

Need to take them down, because I need the space, but doggone it, 9 weeks today, and they're just not quite ready.  Well, guess i'm not having any guests for  few weeks, so can put them in the guest bedroom, lol.   

P1000644.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

 I couldn't wait, steam dried some Jilly Bean, and it's delicious, you just want to eat it.  Great high, too, pretty intense, but that always changes significantly.  Hey, how come no one ever advertises "aged cannabis, for true connoisseurs "?   My experience, six month to a year in jars, and wow.  

One of my favorite tasting strains in Colorado was Island Sweet Skunk, and this tastes exactly like that, with a bit more fruit.  

Need to take them down, because I need the space, but doggone it, 9 weeks today, and they're just not quite ready.  Well, guess i'm not having any guests for  few weeks, so can put them in the guest bedroom, lol.   

P1000644.jpg

I am going to have to give that a try.  Steamed cannabis buds.  Sounds like a yummy idea.  

As for aged cannabis, I am just about to run out of the Killing Fields i grew out last fall.  The aroma has changed since i first cut the plant.  It has developed like some kind of wine, evolving into something delicious.  These smells weren't there in the beginning.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great points, Gardner.   I’ve read about the chemistry in aging veggies from gardening, tobacco, pot, etc.   The Ball book suggests aging canned tomatoes for at least 3 months, same with pickles.  As a home brewer, I’ve had beers I thought I’d have to pour out, only to age them a month and have them be excellent.  
 

the steaming is something I read about years ago, best way I’ve found to quick dry buds.   I just put a paper towel in bottom of a small Tupperware container, then a wet one over the top, then the lid on with corner up to allow steal to escape.  60 seconds on power level 4, remove for 20 secs, repeat about 5 times, and you’ll have smokable bud.   If you leave it out for an hour after steaming it’s even better.  Works really well for  vaporizing bud.  

omg, had some Samir’s Jack almost a year in vacuum sealed jars, pure heaven!    All the harshness breaks down, AND it decarbs during long curing making it more potent, too.   
 

Since all commercial pot is churn and burn these days, and most post smokers really don’t know that much about the plant, and given they sell 25 year old scotch, or 5 year aged cigars, just seems someone is missing a really grand marketing opportunity.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gardenartus said:

That cracks me up you did it with steam :)

Like to say I invented it, but read it on a blog somewhere.  Really does work well, especially with chunky nugs.  The key is steam forms at 212, not enough to vape but enough to begin decarbing.   The steam vaporizers water in the buds, which floats away into cosmic oneness with the universe as you burp the Tupperware.  Pretty  green tasting, but good.  Almost instant gratification, lol. 

Smoking some now.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool idea. I would have never thought of that.
 

Heh, I was about to google Samir’s Jack. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

Great points, Gardner.   I’ve read about the chemistry in aging veggies from gardening, tobacco, pot, etc.   The Ball book suggests aging canned tomatoes for at least 3 months, same with pickles.  As a home brewer, I’ve had beers I thought I’d have to pour out, only to age them a month and have them be excellent.  
 

the steaming is something I read about years ago, best way I’ve found to quick dry buds.   I just put a paper towel in bottom of a small Tupperware container, then a wet one over the top, then the lid on with corner up to allow steal to escape.  60 seconds on power level 4, remove for 20 secs, repeat about 5 times, and you’ll have smokable bud.   If you leave it out for an hour after steaming it’s even better.  Works really well for  vaporizing bud.  

omg, had some Samir’s Jack almost a year in vacuum sealed jars, pure heaven!    All the harshness breaks down, AND it decarbs during long curing making it more potent, too.   
 

Since all commercial pot is churn and burn these days, and most post smokers really don’t know that much about the plant, and given they sell 25 year old scotch, or 5 year aged cigars, just seems someone is missing a really grand marketing opportunity.  

Thanks for sharing the details.  I imagined something different.

I want to give my idea a try.  I was thinking of pulling a nice bud from a plant that is about to be harvested, or is still green in some way, post-harvest.  Then steam it, maybe with some carrots.  Then eat.  I'll report back on this.  I think it has merit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gardener said:

Thanks for sharing the details.  I imagined something different.

I want to give my idea a try.  I was thinking of pulling a nice bud from a plant that is about to be harvested, or is still green in some way, post-harvest.  Then steam it, maybe with some carrots.  Then eat.  I'll report back on this.  I think it has merit.

I think I’d batter and fry them.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy isolation Sunday.  Camera play.  

Well, it's almost harvest day for Jilly Bean, the pictures don't do her justice, she's finishing amazing.  This is 9 weeks, 2 days, and I'll let her sit in the dark for a few days before chop.  The scents are intoxicating yield looks like it's going to be great, nice colors on the short one.

Mother's Finest is now in my flower closet as of this morning, at 6 weeks flower, really needed to move them into the sealed room, as they are starting to stink.  A lot fruitier than I remember.  MF's trademark was always golf ball shaped nugs, which I tried to get some pics of.   

Due to having more time before I shut down for the summer, I thought, what the hell, let's run out 20 ten year old Lowryder 2 seeds.  Still got 75% germination.  I just always liked the high on the Lowryders, good Brazilian sativa buzz, and sweet burnt rubber scent.  Ahhh, the old days.

Peace and health to you and yours.  

 

 

P1000664.thumb.JPG.9553ec3099bd1b266a68a29f07bb8623.JPGP1000665.thumb.JPG.665a0874ff74f4d107f239c5933995cb.JPGP1000666.thumb.JPG.32e53aeec820be233789a57bbc92e8f2.JPGP1000667.thumb.JPG.8d3ec4c1c227f72880cabeeaf2c833fd.JPGP1000668.thumb.JPG.f7fcb0745657055af42effe6b83ad2b6.JPG

 

 

P1000651.thumb.JPG.57423819d4846de7bb2a6b95c6cf4a7b.JPG

P1000652.thumb.JPG.f23be8b54dd26c24714bd173a735b902.JPGP1000653.thumb.JPG.d70b63370b2ffe098de98d29c69ca8d7.JPGP1000655.thumb.JPG.304cb28b14ef490c1a762667bab5aae8.JPGP1000650.thumb.JPG.70261bf1905197408a2ce88906ae14db.JPG

 

P1000649.thumb.JPG.90b8ac534741795edf50681fd4f330d7.JPG

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dieseldog381 said:

Happy isolation Sunday.  Camera play.  

Well, it's almost harvest day for Jilly Bean, the pictures don't do her justice, she's finishing amazing.  This is 9 weeks, 2 days, and I'll let her sit in the dark for a few days before chop.  The scents are intoxicating yield looks like it's going to be great, nice colors on the short one.

Mother's Finest is now in my flower closet as of this morning, at 6 weeks flower, really needed to move them into the sealed room, as they are starting to stink.  A lot fruitier than I remember.  MF's trademark was always golf ball shaped nugs, which I tried to get some pics of.   

Due to having more time before I shut down for the summer, I thought, what the hell, let's run out 20 ten year old Lowryder 2 seeds.  Still got 75% germination.  I just always liked the high on the Lowryders, good Brazilian sativa buzz, and sweet burnt rubber scent.  Ahhh, the old days.

Peace and health to you and yours.  

 

 

P1000664.thumb.JPG.9553ec3099bd1b266a68a29f07bb8623.JPGP1000665.thumb.JPG.665a0874ff74f4d107f239c5933995cb.JPGP1000666.thumb.JPG.32e53aeec820be233789a57bbc92e8f2.JPGP1000667.thumb.JPG.8d3ec4c1c227f72880cabeeaf2c833fd.JPGP1000668.thumb.JPG.f7fcb0745657055af42effe6b83ad2b6.JPG

 

 

P1000651.thumb.JPG.57423819d4846de7bb2a6b95c6cf4a7b.JPG

P1000652.thumb.JPG.f23be8b54dd26c24714bd173a735b902.JPGP1000653.thumb.JPG.d70b63370b2ffe098de98d29c69ca8d7.JPGP1000655.thumb.JPG.304cb28b14ef490c1a762667bab5aae8.JPGP1000650.thumb.JPG.70261bf1905197408a2ce88906ae14db.JPG

 

P1000649.thumb.JPG.90b8ac534741795edf50681fd4f330d7.JPG

Looks awesome!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 11:34 AM, Gardener said:I want to give my idea a try.  I was thinking of pulling a nice bud from a plant that is about to be harvested, or is still green in some way, post-harvest.  Then steam it, maybe with some carrots.  Then eat.  I'll report back on this.  I think it has merit.

I posted a link to an article before from a magazine, Maximum Yield, that was about pot being the next super food. It’s packed with everything. The flowers are supposed to be the best part. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 11:12 AM, dieseldog381 said:

 I couldn't wait, steam dried some Jilly Bean, and it's delicious, you just want to eat it.  Great high, too, pretty intense, but that always changes significantly.  Hey, how come no one ever advertises "aged cannabis, for true connoisseurs "?   My experience, six month to a year in jars, and wow.  

  

 

Yes, the really long cures are impressive. I didn't intend to cure that long, but I never dry my buds fully — I leave them at curing moisture — until I want to smoke that particular jar. Holy shit!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Mother's Finest update.

Here's a classic MF pheno, with golf ball sized nugs, nice top knot.  Yield's going to more impressive than I recalled, have six of them about this size.  This is at 8 and half weeks, they'll go 10 probably.   She's about what I remember, pretty uniform for F2's, very sticky, some are shooting out those dying white horns, or as I call them, the "sativa's last gasp".   Faint fruity scent, not much at all, which is as I remember.  Was wicked smoke, too, takes being stoned to a new level.

Gonna be a fun summer, as just jarred 6 oz of Jillybean yesterday.  Now THAT'S an epic strain, absolutely delicious, peach/apple schnapps tasting, really good, and soft smoke, too.  

 

 

 

 

P1000695.thumb.jpg.b365ec2f084beb9b49d4164258576b6d.jpgP1000690.thumb.jpg.144ac12e63832104409f169c5673cba4.jpgP1000698.thumb.jpg.9680d252c3a0b8f9c65e26d18198f38b.jpgP1000702.thumb.jpg.64c21565b69bed2948d5a9f1dbb577cb.jpgP1000691.thumb.jpg.5b429c1639eb1a8a347f0cc1231ac6a4.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...