•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

dieseldog381

The Dog House Beer, Pizza, and Pot Emporium

3 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

I'm too old and lazy to not like them. lol. I only see WIN! 

I see on their site that they are still on sale. 33% off basically. All of this up potting is making me crazy. I want a set it and forget it. Oh, I'll still do all the rest I'm sure, at least for a while. 

How do people deal with sexing? Just roll the dice and yank it out later if it isn't a female? Still easier than the way I do it.

Cool to see everybody so excited. It's sort of contagious. I'm so excited now, I'm gonna load a bowl just to settle down. 

peace

Now the sexing is an interesting subject, and don't spank me on this, as it's  breaking octapot law.  

Back when I was doing all 12/12 from seed with regular seeds, I've had good success planting 3 or 4 seeds (sprouts)  in 3 gal pots under 12/12, then just pull up the males, let the females rock and roll.   Not optimal, but it works without repotting, seems would work even even better in Octos.  You could then flip them back to veg, or, especially if it's like a Jack, or Silverfields, Kali, long flowering sativa, just let them do their thing.  Most plants sex between 3-4 weeks under 12/12.  I you think this through, no seedling is going to fill a six gal grow space in 3-4 weeks, so I would think competition for root space would be minimal

I don't know if it's all my clean living, or what, but for years, I've been getting 80% females, but I try to.  Let's see, wetter soil, higher nitrogen, blue light, or something like that, equals more females.   

Course you could just use female seeds.   

• Like 1

I haven't done 12/12 from seed since I've been doing all DWC, but maybe I should revisit this with the octapot.    

I'm a bit skeptical on claims these will outperform hydro, or even equal it, but I'll keep an open mind.  My duoponic setup was virtually the same thing, worked great, but not as fast as hydro. I've done a ton of grow bags, too, and they do make a huge difference with veggies, so maybe that's the secret weapon in these things.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dieseldog381 said:

I haven't done 12/12 from seed since I've been doing all DWC, but maybe I should revisit this with the octapot.    

I'm a bit skeptical on claims these will outperform hydro, or even equal it, but I'll keep an open mind.  My duoponic setup was virtually the same thing, worked great, but not as fast as hydro. I've done a ton of grow bags, too, and they do make a huge difference with veggies, so maybe that's the secret weapon in these things.  

NOT sure they will out perform a good hydro...................BUT they will be right there....................and with none of the hydro issues ................the bag is a BIG part of how well it works I think. I will give up 10% of total harvest weight for 100 % PEACE while growing.............

• Like 2

Whoa!   Just tried an LSD 6 day dried bud.  I like!  Very soft smoke, trippy buzz.

Hey, has anyone tried the new Sugar Punch seeds?  I'm two for two no shows on germination after six days, a bit unusual.  They look fine.  If they don't go, I'll drop the other three, but kind of unusual for Sannie's.    Thought I'd ask, they may still surprise me, but most pop in three days or less, in my experience.  Except for Jack, they take a week sometimes..  

• Like 1

I haven't tried mine yet, but thanks for the tip. I'll keep my eyes open. I think Baqualin got some, too. He was talking about having some cuts of it, so he may have already popped a pack. 

Hope they show up to the party. I've had worse luck than normal, lately. It affects me when one doesn't make it. heh

Chopped the Acapulco Gold yesterday.    I day dried a bud on my stereo so it would be ready for Game of Thrones last night, and dang, got higher than I expected to be. 

Very interesting taste, pretty floral, and just two pulls, and had a nice racy creeper going on.  It was actually a bit unnerving in it's power, but that's typical of fresh bud, should settle down with a nice cure.  The preview was very encouraging.    

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dieseldog381 said:

Chopped the Acapulco Gold yesterday.    I day dried a bud on my stereo so it would be ready for Game of Thrones last night, and dang, got higher than I expected to be. 

Very interesting taste, pretty floral, and just two pulls, and had a nice racy creeper going on.  It was actually a bit unnerving in it's power, but that's typical of fresh bud, should settle down with a nice cure.  The preview was very encouraging.    

Sounds good. Now what about Game Of Thrones! :likken::verrygood

Seriously, damn That sounds amazing, glad to here it’s a potent ass kicker.

I may still have to try that. I wanted to a while back because they make theirs sound pretty good. That's good to know it has the power. I wouldn't mind having some 2 hit stuff. Probably not want it all of the time, but hey, never know.

Thanks for the report! Hope it cures up nice.

peace

I’ll do smoke reports when they’re all cured out.   Barney’s claims their intent was to capture the old AG buzz, and I’d say it’s the right direction.   The original was very rushing as I recall, but everything was back then.   What was interesting, totally different buzz from the LSD, much speedier.   They both creep, but the AG hits you on the first puff right in the head, bam. .  The LSD is very visual, not really dreamy, kind of like your brain doing gymnastics in slow motion, trippy.  

Red Diesel looks good, too.     I’d done a few Barney’s and found them pretty solid players.  

• Like 2

I am telling ya right now...............Sansa is scheming up something sinister, she has had enough, and the WHOLE 1st episode is all about HOW SMART SHE IS.............

Cannot figure Cersie's plan..............."GOOD!" she says, when told white waker's are past the wall.................

Poor Bronn............................loser of the week.........lol........3 hotties, hard dick..............gets called away.....................lol............

Jaime attempting to have integrity..................yeah right................................

WTF has this got to do with Bud's................................NOTHING.....................but it is GAME OF THRONES.....................need not say more........................:)

• Like 1

I think I must be the only one who has never seen even one episode. I'd dig it if I could start at the beginning.

I never bought anything from Barneys before, but I had a cross made with Pineapple Chunk (Barneys) x Selene. That was bad ass plant. Just the way it grew, the way the smoke burned, the way the buds looked and the dirty sock smell in the jar.. heh. It was a crazy strain and lasted forever it was so dense. I haven't had either straight up so I'm not sure who was the dom, but I was impressed with everything about it.

It's been a while since I smoked much good sativa but I'm headed that way. I'm getting a few together and have some good sativa dome hybrids now. I'm gonna get to play with some Thai this year. I'll have at least two I think and some mexi landrace, and a couple of old hazes. I hope I don't scare myself of when I smoke good Thai again. Actually, I always liked the Thai high. I can't remember the strain that always put me in panic attacks or close to it, heh, but there were a couple.. My tolerance is really high now, so the Sativa will work better for me now. I'll save my indicas for evenings or when needed.

peace

• Haha 1

@JetDro, hahaha. Good job not giving anything away. I’d of screwed that up. I’m not watching till the end of the season, then binge that shit...lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

.....I think I must be the only one who has never seen even one episode......

....you´re not :D  looks like,i too missed the greatest TV Show ever lol

• Haha 1

Barney’s has a strain called Honey Bee that is supposed to be a ripoff of Reefermans Love Potion #1 strain I’d like to run.  

My 2nd Sugar Punch popped within 24 hours so it’s my next grow.   

• Like 1

I"ve never seen it either.

There are so many breeds how the heck do you all decide? I end up popping what folks send me, oh yea that sounds good lol I don't normally pick em

• Like 2

I mostly run shared seeds also. I can’t seem to make up my mind on what I want to buy. It’s like being in a candy store and having to pick a few pieces to eat in 3 months. What the hell do you choose? 

The perfect shop would sell seeds, with sample hit of each strain. You can browse take a small toke, “yeah that’s nice give me a pack of those”, take a hit of something else, “toss a pack of those in there too”....I’d probably spend $1k in one afternoon. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

I mostly run shared seeds also. I can’t seem to make up my mind on what I want to buy. It’s like being in a candy store and having to pick a few pieces to eat in 3 months. What the hell do you choose? 

The perfect shop would sell seeds, with sample hit of each strain. You can browse take a small toke, “yeah that’s nice give me a pack of those”, take a hit of something else, “toss a pack of those in there too”....I’d probably spend $1k in one afternoon. 

Unless its clones you could end up with something completly different than what you tried ;) 

but thats the excitement of doing from seeds!!:verrygood

cheers

38 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

If I just went by descriptions, I would owe money and the pot mafia would track me down lol. Glad we have this grow forum, so we can see if they live up to the hype. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, oldschoolsg said:

Unless its clones you could end up with something completly different than what you tried ;) 

but thats the excitement of doing from seeds!!:verrygood

cheers

If only growing for myself, that would be fun, why I love those clones lol my patients want repeat performance. :)

Awesome bro. That looks pretty nice. It has a Leica lens! That's gotta be a plus. It looks sort of like the type of camera I have from Canon, but mine isn't so spiffy. I'd take that over mine in a second. I used to be up on the newer gear but not anymore. Looks like you'll have to have a separate flash but that's no biggie. Better control. And, I don't use mine much. I never liked them much but they do really help at times.

Can't wait to see your pics man. If I can help let me know. I can help you with some basic stuff like how to shoot pics under your HPS lights and set your white balance for other shots under weird lights. It's super easy. Just knowing to do it is most of it.  It looks almost like mine with the same type setup. Mine has the same type super zoom but the 28mm is what you'll use mostly. And, the Macro button for buds. 

I have a feeling it's much nice then mine. Mine is almost 8 years old now, too. Give us a test pic as soon as you get it! 

peace

• Thanks 1

I like to shoot photos with the cannon, but use my phone in the grow room. It’s just easier to upload pics from it. Sometimes I use my iPad for pics, but the camera sucks and almost always comes out grainy. I thought when I got my new IPad the camera would be good, nope, just as crappy as my 8 year old iPad. Samsung cameras are pretty good, that’s what most of my pics are taken with.  

You are going to enjoy the new camera. Sweeeet.

• Like 1

Thanks for the camera input, I’ve been reading until I go blind on them.  The Leica lens seems to be a plus, and the WiFi connectivity for easy photo sharing.  I began with a budget of $150, and the more I read, the more money it was costing me, lol.  

Being a total amateur, I think what sold me is the full focus telescoping lens, weather proofing, and the added 5 axis stabilization and auto focus features.  The 4K video is cool, but inderstand it eats memory like a mofo, only about 15 minutes on a standard memory card.   

It arrives today, new toys are always fun!   

• Like 1

I’m a total noob also with a camera. But I truly enjoy taking pics. I have thousands of photos I’ve taken just playing with the thing. My I’ve came out and laughed at me crawling around taking pics of ants. I’ll take pics of everything. I need a better lens for mine, but macro shots are just cool. A few months ago I bought a doubler for my telephoto lens. It’s not the ideal way to get the additional range, but it’s inexpensive ($100) and works well for taking pics of wildlife. Way cheaper than a new lens. 

There are a lot of web pages for noobs that will get you started with manual settings. It’s a lot to learn. I keep little cheat sheets in my camera bag. My brain just cannot absorb all the info. I will just google “what camera setting for.....” and always get decent info to get me started. 

You are going to have fun. If it wasn’t for digital, I couldn’t afford photography. It would take me 3 rolls of film for one decent pic. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, saxo said:

....you´re not :D  looks like,i too missed the greatest TV Show ever lol

I am not a fan of fantasy fiction, like GOT, Tolkien, etc. It's just not for me. I tried watching GOT a couple of times and it just didn't work out. (My eyes rolled so far back in my head that they did a 360.)

The last attempt was a few years ago. Some big guy was undergoing "trial by combat." Something distracted the guy he was fighting, and next thing ya know, the big guy squeezes his head and it exploded.

OK then. What else we got?

• Haha 2