•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

dieseldog381

The Dog House Beer, Pizza, and Pot Emporium

20 hours ago, JetDro said:

That is the biggest CB I have seen! Good job.

I have the same pheno here.......................just now coming up through my scrog screen.................I would be DELIGHTED to have her finish like yours!!!!!

Defoliate the heck out of her, I mean down to the bone, I take ALL fan leaves, maybe leaving a couple on top, one week before you switch to flowering, then again at 3 weeks flower.  Plants absolutely love it.    I like to do mine a few days before 3 weeks.  Think I've got pics of her in this thread before and after.  She was a bitch to strip, tough as hemp leaves, so used my trusty scissors.  So I've in essence already trimmed her twice, lol.       

Seems to have worked pretty well.  I think Chucky's a natural for defoliating, given it's small popcorn bud structure.  But those buds are like little fruity hash balls.  

Oh, here it is.  This isn't the best representation, as some you can see straight through them, she's just too big.  You should have seen her BEFORE I stripped, just one big ball of leaf. 

IMG_0903.jpg

• Like 8

That will be one monster of a plant! :verrygood

• Like 2

On 4/30/2019 at 7:37 PM, dieseldog381 said:

Yep, that’s Chuckys, one of her drawbacks has always been structure.  I had one pheno that was a short chunky Christmas tree like plant, but it Hermied like a mofo.  As I recall, that was from my original 10 seeds.  This one is from F2s I made 5 or 6 years ago.   I’ve got hundreds of seeds from several phenos, no telling what’s in there.   But most all have been stretch, floppy, with differences in taste and flowering times by a week or so.  

Man, you could have some phenos in there better than the original.. heh. Never know. I love the one above. It's a shrub. Looks like you may have vegged it for a while? and did you play with the trimming? She looks a grocery bag of buds in the making. 

@dieseldog381 bro it’s not going to be good I suggest once you flower her just pack her up and send her thin little tiny ass to me I will dispose of her in the traditional Viking funeral one little fire at a time lol 

she is going to be a MONSTER you may need help trimming we need a trimming party at dieseldog s in a few months damn :punk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just getting a picture from that link, but it does tell pretty much the whole story all by itself... :P

Here's my Sugar Punch a few days later in these slow growth Octopoots, or whatever they're called.   And look at the roots growing right through these el cheapo grow bags.

I'll be expecting a full refund.  Hadn't even put her in flower yet, sigh.  

You guys told me these things worked!

IMG_1012.thumb.jpg.705f3a2b4b0fcc35df403f5664a59320.jpgIMG_1011.thumb.jpg.fb8bafd6ccadfb66b1cf5cb25217a001.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I love those sawblade leaves. She's a beauty! I can't wait to grow mine.

Hey, I heard if you kick those Octopots they'll grow faster and bigger. And, I think they sell a kit on the internet to get those roots all poked back inside the pot. Just a little extra work. 

peace

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dieseldog381 said:

Here's my Sugar Punch a few days later in these slow growth Octopoots, or whatever they're called.   And look at the roots growing right through these el cheapo grow bags.

I'll be expecting a full refund.  Hadn't even put her in flower yet, sigh.  

You guys told me these things worked!

IMG_1012.thumb.jpg.705f3a2b4b0fcc35df403f5664a59320.jpgIMG_1011.thumb.jpg.fb8bafd6ccadfb66b1cf5cb25217a001.jpg

THAT WAS EXACTLY how my Goji MONSTER looked before she exploded and took over the room. LOOK AT THAT THING!!!! NOW you KNOW why it appeared to be doing nothing above, she was, she was busy below. NOW below is all set...............................hang the fuck on...........................That is a beautiful sight there man!

That plant could be a true monster if you want it to be. Veg her much longer, whether you want one or not, your going to have a beast. The Octo's may be a few weeks time slower on the front end, but as your going to see shortly, they will more than make up for it  with vigor, health , and production on the back side of the slope.

My Goji that went WILD looked close to that. She was a bit wider I would say, but all in all very close structure wise to this plant of yours. I think I let her get 20 inches before the flip. It went insane(good root to the rez, like yours has) and ended up taking a whole Gavita DE light for herself,  sucked 4 plus gallons per day from the rez in full on bloom week 8 or so.

You let that thing go much longer, you will SEE what I am talking about.  She finished at like 7 feet tall, 7 feet wide, and was stupid yielding.

What is she, like 14 inches???????? Turned right now, she will need more room then she has in that pic on 2 sides.

:)

Sorry I reco them and they aint working for ya...........................................    :(

• Like 3

She's 10 inches this morning, growing about an inch a day, yeah, she's crazy bushy.  You can't see it, but the main stem is HUGE!  Roots are in the reservoir the past few days.

I'll probably flip her to 11/13 this weekend.   She's got about 50% Fox Farm Ocean Forest in the bag, how long do organics last in this setup?  Reservoir is running about 450 PPM with light veg nutes.  

What I like about this setup is I can use organics again, which seemed to cause all kinds of problems in DWC or hydro.   Can you put teas, or guano's in you your reservoir water with these?        

• Like 2

I'm learning along with you. Maybe that pheno is just gonna be a short bush. It's pretty for sure.

Do you have any room to raise the lights and maybe force a little stretch?

• Like 1

OMG!!!  Look what happened to my Sugar Punch overnight, what did you do?!!!   Now I'll have to flower her in a week, hope she makes it.   

Thankfully, I was able to save a clone!  I like to ice them for a few hours , or just pop them in the fridge, before sticking them in Rapid Rooters.    

Just playing with my new camera today.  Check out the size of that stem.   

P1000242.thumb.jpg.2cdf1ac691c48330099f500a315a5e02.jpgP1000240.thumb.jpg.6839030f73e0c93abbb0fb5176574cc6.jpgP1000245.thumb.JPG.182ca1018f60aead62e0eaa614fdcf0d.JPGP1000244.thumb.jpg.1d816e62358e418995e42dbb5fe26896.jpg

Looks to me like YOU happened to her......................lol..................bit of major clean up?????

Very good pics BTW....................  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some Red Diesel  bud.  It's really mellowed out with a few weeks cure, pretty confusing smoke, she's no slouch on the potency.   

P1000257.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

I'm learning along with you. Maybe that pheno is just gonna be a short bush. It's pretty for sure.

Do you have any room to raise the lights and maybe force a little stretch?

Force a stretch?  That's crazy talk!   My LSD on here was the shortest plant I've ever grown, almost no stretch at all, just grows outward.  

Never thought of it, but sure, I've had it mounted to the ceiling  before.   In theory, I've got maybe 5 feet useful grow height.   Given Sugar Punch's reputation for stretch, I expect her to use much of that.  I've had Silverfields that got pretty unmanageable in my space.  

Defoliating helps a lot, as when you put LED's 18-24" inches above the plant, foliage growth is insane.  

• Like 1

So, tomorrow morning, it'll look like it did two days ago? lol She just shakes her finger at that defoliation thing.

peace

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

So, tomorrow morning, it'll look like it did two days ago? lol She just shakes her finger at that defoliation thing.

peace

Makes me laugh whenever I think of garden weeds, and how hard it is to kill them, the more you beat on them, the harder they scream "I want to live!", like some 1950's B rated horror movie.

Pot's the same way, just comes back stronger.  

Hadn't thought about it in a long time, but my first grow ever was based on "super cropping", which you seldom hear these days, where you plucked, stripped, bent, etc.  Plants loved it, and it was a lot about defoliating shade leaves.  

Times change, used to be a sin to remove one of "nature's little nuclear reactors".     

• Like 2

Well, as far as clones go, I'll have to say, Sugar Punch is the fastest cloning plant I've ever done.  I took two clones on the the 21st, and here they are today.

Not bad at all!   

P1000264.thumb.jpg.82e754da0695d8b26caebf5afce43e92.jpgP1000267.thumb.jpg.67e893a1cb104568613f8986eb56ade4.jpgP1000268.thumb.jpg.17cb39111e74a402bb5061f7477e9dfc.jpgP1000266.thumb.jpg.6e9ba9d950807792b71de58c2cbb2ec1.jpg

• Like 5

A little Sugar Punch update at a week and half flowering, not near as much stretch as I expected, but there's still time.   The small one's are Kali Mist I thought I'd run 12/12 from seed.  The SP clones are amazing, easiest plant I think I've ever cloned, and fast, too.  

Peace, all.

P1000272.thumb.jpg.801dfe9e08b944433aca2d65eaf99c2e.jpgP1000271.thumb.jpg.68c2185b95d58c51d9c8c70077b98972.jpg

• Like 7

PS:  BTW, the Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold is amazing concert weed!   After a month in jars, it's super, super sticky, feels like it's been drenched in super glue, and just a great breezy happy time high, one of my new favorites.  Reminds me a bit of good Jamaican Kind.   

• Like 3

That sounds nice. It sounds like they did a good job on it. I always wondered what it was like.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 9:05 AM, Mr Goodfellow said:

That sounds nice. It sounds like they did a good job on it. I always wondered what it was like.

It's the perfect music festival weed.

I've always felt, if your friends go, "wow, that was really nice, what was that?", you probably have a winner.  Shared it with some folks at a great music festival this weekend, everyone really liked it.   I t has that old school "Mexican" high, just a really nice head space, no paranoia, but giggly as heck, which you just don't find in pot much these days.   It's also become a lot stronger after a month in the jars, a few hits will do you very nicely.  What I do notice the most, is the high doesn't last that long, peaks in 15-20, then lasts for a good hour, hour and half, which I kind of like.  

Like a buddy said recently about my C99, "Great smoke, but I don't think the high lasts as long", to which I replied, "Well, you're not smoking enough of it, then!"

I recall Nirvana's Wonder Woman had a similar high, and it was Mexican Sativa as  I recall.  

Awesome to know. I'm still looking for a strain that I can say that about. I'm getting close!

peace