•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Hello Open Growers!

Thank you for allowing me to join the community on behalf of WWE. I am already a member of Open Grow as Zrex- the profile I opened my initial account with when I first began looking into using Cannabis. Since that time, my journey has made it abundantly clear that there is a real need for veterans to find support, not only in helping them to understand Cannabis, but literally everything about it- including the culture, how to select strains, how to use different products, where to find it, how to grow it, who to trust, what are the laws... the list goes on and on.

As I was having to figure it out and looking for help wherever I could find it, I kept thinking about all of the days that I was sitting at the VA or veterans services office, all of those veterans filling in the room beyond capacity- with veterans standing in the hallway, wondering how many were going through the same thing? How many of them were also thinking about or were already using Cannabis in an effort to improve their lives? What difficulties were they encountering?

I feel fortunate because looking at me you'd likely never know that I was disabled. I can walk, talk and get around easily. Still, my experience has been tough and the situation with our laws has become ridiculous... Let me inform you just how ridiculous I mean.

So, I first began by using CBD oil that I purchased from a Vape shop in Fredericksburg, Virginia, two or three years ago (ca. 2017). I purchased a 30 ml bottle of Cross Roads 100% CBD oil for about $150.00 which I understand would be a monthly expense at the recommended dosage of 1 ml per day. At about this same time, the Veterans Administration began treating me and I received a diagnosis of OCD and PTSD and began taking their prescribed drugs which threw my life upside down while we found the right med's and dosages for me.

On one of my doctor visits I took my CBD oil with me hoping to talk to him about it, because if I was going to start using it regularly, there was no way I could afford $150.00 per month for it and I don't know how other people manage to be honest... Either they are patients or have some means of getting it on insurance or a lot cheaper than I can... All I know, it's out of my reach. So I wanted to talk to him about it.

That's when I learned that simply taking the bottle into the VA facility was a Federal Crime. No shit. You can buy this stuff anywhere these days, but sure enough, it is still viewed as a schedule I drug. Not only was it against Federal Law, but I was also breaking VIRGINIA law as well- and I bought the shit literally across the street from the VA in Fredericksburg! I'd like to use it for my disabilities and I also have a Great Pyrenees that is in surgery (as I write) having his leg amputated to remove bone cancer. I'm pretty sure he would benefit from CBD and Cannabis too. But where I live, CBD while ruin your life just like using full blown Cannabis. So, I said fuck it. I'll do both and become an advocate in the process. I am in the process of submitting paperwork for immediate retirement from my government position so I can focus solely on my health and well-being. I've served my country well longer than I needed to by serving my 20 in the military. It's time that I give something back with this effort.

While speaking with our veterinarian about our dog's bone cancer, I asked about CBD oil therapy for him. When she heard "CBD" her eyes sparkled and she straightened up and immediately said, "I have heard nothing but wonderful reports about it from both patients and others, but we don't know where to get it!" We live in a time when laws are rapidly changing though and it just so happens that just last year Virginia law changed to allow 5 Cannabis Pharmaceutical Production Regions in the state with expected products to hit the shelves next year I hear. So it sounds like Virginia may be trying to keep its Cannabis in state like others have- meaning someone is going to have to cultivate, process,  and produce it all somewhere. I own a horse farm, so it was only natural for me, facing retirement, to start thinking about growing another kind of grass here. I am seeking those opportunities now to be ready when Virginia decides to fix the situation above and bring sensible and responsible change in our laws. In the meantime, I am at risk. I understand and accept that I am. But I also have faith, not so much in society itself, but in what I believe to be its inherent goodness to do the right thing where it finds wrong and punishing me for using CBD (or Cannabis as the case may be) for simply being caught up in it would be wrong... My choice is to continue to live in misery and without relief or move elsewhere. My family has lived in this area since ca. 1654 when they grew Tobacco. I ain't going nowhere...

My story isn't unique. It's just one of thousands. You can see by these pictures that my life has been successful and good at times, despite my disabilities that I am sure now led to my dropping out of high school in my junior year to join the military without a diploma. Most of those I knew in the military had a similar story and background. I was born while my family was living in a Quonset Hut in California where my father was stationed in 1962. Lived in poverty my entire life but never knew it because of a hard working mother that raised three kids while working full-time. Dad was never around and if he was, he was drunk and abusive. Again, not an unusual story as those I know in life have similar ones to tell. But some veterans do have unique experiences in addition to the typical life stories that nobody else can or will understand.

They are WARRIORS- not because they served. They are WARRIORS because they survived and succeeded despite it. They are deserving of our respect; our trust; and our help. When I go to the VA or veterans service offices- I am committed to reaching out to those around me to let them know that I am here for them- whatever their need may be. I've been there too. I have your back. You can depend on me and I know I can depend on you. Together we can move mountains and change the world. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Can Do! Weed for Warriors just seemed to be a good opportunity for me since I am fighting the battle by myself anyway. Could use some more Warriors!

IMG_0177.JPG

1074106_10200277264925369_710647314_o.jpg

1401378_10200821165202536_1778818913_o.jpg

• Like 3

Very interesting story :) I am on the bandwagon for all to use, both THC and CBD, it is saving lives, God's Plant, God's Medicine, there should be no laws on it. It sure is expensive, believe it or not 150 a month is not much compared to what many use.  I had to start growing and making my own, no way could I afford what I needed, I was looking at thousands a month.

Do you help Vets somewhere?very honorable sir, TY for your service as well.

13 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

Very interesting story :) I am on the bandwagon for all to use, both THC and CBD, it is saving lives, God's Plant, God's Medicine, there should be no laws on it. It sure is expensive, believe it or not 150 a month is not much compared to what many use.  I had to start growing and making my own, no way could I afford what I needed, I was looking at thousands a month.

Do you help Vets somewhere?very honorable sir, TY for your service as well.

LoL... Did I leave out my flower bill? That was up to $250-$300, so with the CBD oil, I was living in the streets! Forgot your question... I am just starting to make some contacts locally. Organizing is difficult and slow, but the need is great. All that I talk to like the idea, but expect immediate results! Roman wasn't built in a day!

Edited by Weed for Warriors Exchange

LOL it isnt' cheap to grow either :) It is tough on some, they can't afford what they really need. That sucks you were living on the streets. :(

1 minute ago, gardenartus said:

LOL it isnt' cheap to grow either :) It is tough on some, they can't afford what they really need. That sucks you were living on the streets. :(

I wasn't actually living on the streets! I just would have been. I don't need Cannabis that bad. lol

But knowing that even I couldn't afford it while I was working a good job, made me think about all those guys sitting next to me. You get talking to them and you know it must seem hopeless for them. While you're right that growing it isn't cheap either, my setup will pay for itself after one successful grow and provide me with all the weed I'll need with enough to share- which is what WWE is all about. Not profiting. Just veterans and others sharing knowledge and resources or just providing a chill place to hang out when needed. These things would go VERY FAR in someone's life.

• Like 2

I hear ya, I am a caregiver, that is what they call legal growers here, and then those we help, patients. It is rough to see so many suffer, when not being able to afford., I give a lot for free, can't stand to see the suffering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of "not needing Cannabis that bad..." Here is one of my more interesting stories that set me on FIRE for using Cannabis and provides additional background on what I hope is a story that will change some minds and attitudes. In a sense, I want to become a "new face" of Cannabis- the veteran user- and illuminate our issues.

My First experience with a Dab:

Symptoms of OCD and PTSD are bad enough due to avoidance issues, anxiety, etc. They make it difficult for me to communicate and maintain relationships; but the medicines, while helpful, hurt in other ways. I am dizzy as hell every day, don't sleep well, and other issues going on that it became hard to work- hence my reasons for trying CBD and initial smoking flower, as they relieve my Anxiety instantly when I have a flair up. But I was having to drive 2 hours to get it and high prices! The drive to DC alone with PTSD and traffic and idiots on the road would normally be enough to keep me at home. That's how much Cannabis is worth it for me...

I had been using the delivery services- but they are far from punctual and after driving for 2 hours or more the last thing I want to do is sit impatiently waiting and wondering if they'll show up at all and what i'll get when they do (I'm strain hunting cause I don't know what works yet). And, other than a 10% discount (that is appreciated very much!), I'm paying top dollar when I'd just assume smoke the crap they throw away, believing even that would help me!

On a recent trip I decided to try something different and go to one of the "popups" in town. For those unfamiliar, it's basically an advertisement on social media about a meetup to "gift" and "donate" weed. So I carry myself and all my OCD/PTSD baggage with me to this thing to meet a DC local by the name of Phone Homie that I got an invite from. I'm greeted at the door by two very large black men that were all business asking me for my invitation. While I'm thinking I've entered into a James Bond flick and fumbling for my phone, they start patting me down and telling me what I have isn't the magic invitation I need. But I mention Phone Homie and they give me a choice between an edible and a blunt, then point me on my way.

I go up several flights of stairs in a narrow row-housing kind of stairway, past closed doors and couple of obviously high people on their way down. Get to the top and enter a large open room with music pumping, tables of Cannabis products everywhere and small groups of people hovering over them, taking rips off pipes of different kinds and also doing DABS.

I meet Homie, but he soon sends me on my way to meet up with another Veteran and I meet the guys from Terpy Dabber who offer me my first Dab of some Lemon Haze shatter. I hadn't been there for more than 10 minutes and this was the only fun I had while I was there because I had a two hour drive home.

I took three good rips on their rig after they warned me I would cough. But I didn't cough. I know it's an exaggeration to say the clouds parted and a light from heaven descended upon me- but it was damn close to that. Remember, I have OCD and PTSD, so I my Anxiety was through the roof before I even got there. But all of that instantly melted away and I became the guy I used to be again. I enjoyed myself. I laughed and had fun. I was able to talk with people who seemed to enjoy talking with me. It was freaking beautiful. I thank God for it. But now I just had something else to learn on my own and I frankly have enough shit to learn and worry about as it is. But, if I'm going to do it, I'm going to make it worth my time and effort by ensuring it helps someone else in my shoes. I just have to figure out a way to communicate this effectively within the industry so that it has an impact. I believe that I have a reputation for achieving just that.

Shit... this is an edit because I lost track of my story!

When I returned home that night, after my Dab, I was still feeling pretty happy with life. It was late, so I went to bad after a hit or two of flower and slept really well. So well, in fact, that when I woke up in the morning I didn't have ANY of the normal dizziness I experience most of the day. After months of feeling like hell, I was suddenly feeling really good. Being a military guy, I am a morning person. Was always up by 4AM- even weekends- and was at my best. After starting the medications, I can barely function in the mornings and wobble around trying to find my balance... Now I know how to fix that shit!

During Desert Storm, I was a weapons system operator that detected a new capability that later became quite a big deal in the defense industry. But at the time, nobody believed it while I was convinced. I pissed people off with my persistence and they destroyed my otherwise stellar career. So I left the military and struggled for several years to adjust before landing a job with an new Internet Service Provider (ISP) named MINDSPRING where in 1996 I became a manager in the network operations department where I was allowed to build a "world class" center that helped the company achieve JD Power awards year after year for providing the best customer service and reliability for an ISP.

After 15-18 hour days for several years, I burned out at Mindspring and, believing that my future was in the defense industry doing something similar to the job I loved, would be better. So I packed up and moved to Virginia after being offered a job with a large defense contractor that offered me a job in a program I knew very well to have serious problems that I believed I could fix. I soon learned that the problems were unrelated to the people tasked with the work. The problems were within the management and in government. Issues designed specifically with my OCD in mind! So, I set out to make the changes necessary and when management or government got in the way, I found a way around them. Evidently, it is very difficult to fire an employee that has truth on their side, but they managed to find a way to declare me "unable to remain objective on the contract" and fired me on 26 December 2012- the day after Christmas. You'd think I would have learned my lesson this time, but I didn't.

Having only a GED and some very specialized military skills, my prospects seemed hopeless. My wife was convinced we would lose it all. My specialized skills allowed me to provide her with the farm of her dreams and security. Now I had screwed it all up simply because work mattered to me so much that I couldn't let it go out the door knowing it was inadequate and flawed. She still hasn't forgiven me. I tried to find work in networking again but I didn't have any certifications (Mindspring was before cert's evolved in the industry); and I had been black-listed in the defense industry in the area. But after only six months of unemployment, I was able to recover by not only landing a good job with a future but at nearly twice the salary of the job I had been fired from six months before.

3 months into this job at the Washington Navy Yard, there was an active shooter in the building that killed many people. I was on the 2nd floor with four other's (2 elderly women secretaries) in an office. Our only defense was a pair of scissors that I held in my hand with an office door that locked, but was surrounded by glass. Both ladies had to urinate in coffee cups while we sheltered in place in a cramped office... The only privacy I could offer was to stand in front of the glass to block the view for them. Yeah... [let me take a rip here]

In the military, this is what would be called "a sob story" I suppose. But it's really not. It's a story of achievement and success. At least, that is what I want others to take from it. Because, as I see it, I was able to leave a mark on history in two careers to this point. Most are lucky to leave a mark at one!

God continued to bless and lead me after the shooting as he did before it. As a result of the building be shut down for an extended period of time to remodel it, I was transferred closer to home- and for the first time in over a year, my daily 5-hour commute's in DC traffic ended! Life got better for a while in my new profession [I obtained my CISSP for example], but then I saw the same type of trouble in the program that I had seen before. Problems that are known, but left unresolved; lots of paperwork without much attention on systems; a wide variety of issues for my OCD to laser in on that I had to solve and cause "problems" for people who had allowed them to continue that way for years on end... So, you can likely see the inevitable, right? Yeah... Well, I haven't been fired and I am continuing to make the effort. But everyone seems to realize it is time for me to go- and I am praying they will allow me to retire early gracefully and allow me to become a Southern Gentleman Farmer that I would be very much honored to become. How's that for dreaming?

Hope someone enjoyed. I appreciate the opportunity to vent every now and then. Thanks and please consider being a Weed for Warriors supporter where you live by just thinking about them every now and then. Give them a good growing tip. Say thanks. Give the homeless guy with the Vietnam hat a joint. Shake their hand. Throw a freebie in their bag, whatever. Do something. If I feel that I owe it to them, please allow me to suggest that you might to. Wherever you live. A soldier likely died or suffered for it. What other thanks do we give them besides a holiday, maybe a free meal or discount some place. But we've taken or ruined most of their benefits already and Congress will take more if we let them.

Somebody someplace is going to hate the fact that I'm retiring.  :engel

welcome to the fold as WWE ,Hmm i have a strange hankering to get some popcorn a drink and binoculars to see the match oops i mean grow. WWE wrestling lol ?

can you tell me what you mean about having to qualify/be approved for the WWE program and who runs it etc. thx. 

sorry to here about the dog but at least you have enough loot to get him  that operation. most would have to kill the dog cause they couldn't afford the cost of cancer amputation etc. what's supposed to be his chances after he gets the surgery ? can u please let me know about how he progresses. thx. I love you pig, i want one and a pygmy goat too, how bout we just switch lives haha. 

ok, now back to being serious. you pointed out the legalities and realities of CBD oil in your story.  that's the least of your concerns how bout a knock on the door from feds just to be dicks and mean to you because you want to be the face... consider that well because 1 they don't play nice or fair and two i doubt if you'd do well in the pokey as an example to discourage the inevitable take over of cannabis. 

i wish you well, but if i were u Z-REX i'd keep my head down .

http://files.constantcontact.com/323907d0701/48ece8fb-4fa6-4717-b1da-5d418bda9eb3.pdf

25 minutes ago, Sacred Plant Warrior said:

welcome to the fold as WWE ,Hmm i have a strange hankering to get some popcorn a drink and binoculars to see the match oops i mean grow. WWE wrestling lol ?

can you tell me what you mean about having to qualify/be approved for the WWE program and who runs it etc. thx. 

sorry to here about the dog but at least you have enough loot to get him  that operation. most would have to kill the dog cause they couldn't afford the cost of cancer amputation etc. what's supposed to be his chances after he gets the surgery ? can u please let me know about how he progresses. thx. I love you pig, i want one and a pygmy goat too, how bout we just switch lives haha. 

ok, now back to being serious. you pointed out the legalities and realities of CBD oil in your story.  that's the least of your concerns how bout a knock on the door from feds just to be dicks and mean to you because you want to be the face... consider that well because 1 they don't play nice or fair and two i doubt if you'd do well in the pokey as an example to discourage the inevitable take over of cannabis. 

i wish you well, but if i were u Z-REX i'd keep my head down .

http://files.constantcontact.com/323907d0701/48ece8fb-4fa6-4717-b1da-5d418bda9eb3.pdf

Since WWE is a veterans initiative, the "qualification" of membership is that members be veterans, while all others would technically be supporters, donors and sponsors if names have to be assigned to anything... So basically it is just veteran members helping other members with volunteers helping them. I guess I run it technically, but everyone keeps it running. Members can connect in a variety of ways.

Toby came out of his surgery yesterday fine and will likely be home tonight minus a rear leg. Thankfully, we had pet insurance that covered it and the chemo treatments he'll get moving forward. We know this will improve his quality of life, but hard to say how long or how well he'll do, but I think he'll be fine and has a good bit of life left in him at age 8. We'll see...

The pig in the picture is (was) our Kune Kune Bore, Porkchop. He's fixed now so no more piglets running around...

I appreciate the warning and I understand the risks. At the moment, all I'm doing mostly is leg work and trying to learn. But like I said, in the eyes of the law, I have already broken the law by just using CBD oil anyway.

good to here about Toby, and keep some colloidal silver on hand in the med cabinet just in case. 4oz bottle of 10 ppm and 4 oz bottle of 30 ppm. source naturals online. i saw an 9oz bottle online the other day for 37 dollars great price.google  good for any internal sickness related to infections/benign but potentially troublesome growths etc etc. get spray bottle cobalt blue from wholefoods to make dosing easy and very economical. you can use 10 ppm for maintenance/situational use and 30 ppm if something pops up.i've been using it for hell 15 yrs or more.  myself, cats, dogs.

pork chop lol. if he only knew smdh.  yeah the males can get up to 250 they say. damum lol ironically i just started eating heritage meat = beef for cheese steaks and pork ham hocks and bacon. all were outstanding. haven't cooked the ribs yet but i'm sure they will be stellar. 

i looked at the WWE site but the link where they said u could view the menu did not work. i thought to myself who are these folks cause no faces exists for them just a page of information. etc. etc.  i try to stay a bit skeptical rather than diving into the unknown blind ijs lol. are they associated with any known veterans groups/entities that are more transparent that would vouch for them ?

don't forget to grab that book free you said u wanted to pick up. it's in the link

• Thanks 1

My web site building skills and the time to update it has been lagging with so much on my plate. I should probably take it down until I can get to it... Matter of fact, I think I will do that today and spend some time on it if possible. I agree with you 100%. No question about it. Plus, the idea is still evolving to large extant. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for the book. I had actually just purchased several online yesterday :-)

1 hour ago, Weed for Warriors Exchange said:

My web site building skills and the time to update it has been lagging with so much on my plate. I should probably take it down until I can get to it... Matter of fact, I think I will do that today and spend some time on it if possible. I agree with you 100%. No question about it. Plus, the idea is still evolving to large extant. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for the book. I had actually just purchased several online yesterday :-)

TOO MUCH FREE INFO to be buying books imho. i didn't write my book because i didn't want to slicky say shit that has already been said to make it sound new to rookies lol. 

with google and youtube and multiple grow guides books are almost obsolete now for cultivation.  but you can google free pdf books/links for growing.  There is no hurry  because what you showed that u put together means u have enough grey matter to do this as well as anyone else. you won't ever need the help that the slow pokes usually do. lol a good thing lol

I've done this for 20 years.  Though I helped anyone in need but my work with vets spanned PTSD, opiate dependency to agent orange.  I am a gulf war vet.

I speak regularly to veteran councillors at vet centers and used to speak at various veteran groups.  The 4th I got another councillors talk.  Due to my job I don't make the vet groups like I did before but through the councillors I still help many but few know my role.  I am infamous in a state and well known in another state/county.

When working with plants I worked it like a caretaker setup and for a few people I selected plants that were effective for them but in some situations what works for one might not work for someone else.  

Gardenartus was a massive help and if I was you I would try to get her input.  She is who I turn to when I need info to assistance.

Hempyfan

Jah Bless!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3