•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Zrex

seeds and genetics

One of my early seed purchases (all from Sanni btw) included Jackberry F4 and Herebei. I was totally new to growing (still am) and planted seeds from both side by side outdoors and had males and females from both from which I harvested seed that I am continuing to learn with today which I am content to do until I am confident enough to spend more money to buy strains that may work better for me. What I would like to know is: Would the genetics ALWAYS be a combination of some kind of random dominating trait from either the mother or the father that will appear in these seeds that I will be able to identify? Will I be able to say, this was is Jackberry and this one is Herebei? or would it be better to hope for either a Jackberry/Herebei  or Herebei/Jackberry cross based on their appearance?

1 hour ago, Zrex said:

...... Will I be able to say, this was is Jackberry and this one is Herebei? ....

with crosses it´s always hard to tell them apart,but in your case: heri x heri and JB xJB is in all these seeds as well ...they can be found easily

having grow both jackberry and herijuana next to eachother, i can tell them apart,heri budstructure is a dead giveaway

having crosses them too, most of them f1 f2 i can still tell apart but its "leanining to xyz" not 'this is xyz!" 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HUFFnPUFF said:

having grow both jackberry and herijuana next to eachother, i can tell them apart,heri budstructure is a dead giveaway

having crosses them too, most of them f1 f2 i can still tell apart but its "leanining to xyz" not 'this is xyz!" 

11 hours ago, FoolOnTheHill said:

Are you familiar with Mendel's second law?

I'll be sure to post pics as things progress. I remember that when they matured, flowered and seeded, the two looked very different. Jackberry tended to grow like one big bud along the main stem and the Herebei bushed out more and needed more space (this was all outdoors). It was a Very noticeable difference which is why I asked because I was hoping to see that again as it was so obvious to tell. I also got a much better yield out of the Jackberry as I recall too...

• Like 1