•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

Excellent use of a drying rack!

Texas Tomato Food is only partly organic, though I don't know if I'd worry too much about that.

I'm going to experiment with varying degrees of organic growing in mine. I don't want to hassle making teas and keeping aerators on timers in the reservoirs, which is what the Octopot people suggest for organic growing. There is also a part of their website I recently read (or maybe it was in the instructions that came with the pots, but I think it was the website) where they say you CAN occasionally feed from the top with organic nutes. There is not much instruction on that, but I would think you'd have to maintain the moisture gradient (wet below, dryer toward the top) by ensuring some drainage into the res.

Whatever, I see lots of opportunity to exercise my pointy head.

I'll watch yours and you can watch mine once I'm moved, I'm going straight LOS mix using the Gas modified Coots / Cornell LOS mix, live red worms, full Power, Aloe and EWC tea amendments, the full power, teas and Aloe will be mostly foliar fed.

Baq

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

Excellent use of a drying rack!

Texas Tomato Food is only partly organic, though I don't know if I'd worry too much about that.

I'm going to experiment with varying degrees of organic growing in mine. I don't want to hassle making teas and keeping aerators on timers in the reservoirs, which is what the Octopot people suggest for organic growing. There is also a part of their website I recently read (or maybe it was in the instructions that came with the pots, but I think it was the website) where they say you CAN occasionally feed from the top with organic nutes. There is not much instruction on that, but I would think you'd have to maintain the moisture gradient (wet below, dryer toward the top) by ensuring some drainage into the res.

Whatever, I see lots of opportunity to exercise my pointy head.

My understanding was TTF is 100% organic.................am I wrong on that???? I am not doing "tea's" and dressings...................Octopot handles all that for me, and I am NOT watering from the top, will confuse the plant. The top 3-5 inches in the grow sleeve is DRY...................wetting it is not going to help matters in my opinion.  Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the pot(bottom feeding)..............but, that is my own opinion, and we know how those go................:)

Looking forward to what you do and run in yours....................

• Thanks 1

My guess would be mold? When I leave tea out for a free days it always picks up something, I'm guessing the environment of soil is too hardy for it to really take off. Idk when I grow mushrooms mold will do fine in the jars but once I dump it outside it doesnt stand a chance in the soil.

Thanks misterdirt, some good food for thought, think your right about not worrying too much bout organics. The juice looks legit and anything hydro/aero related can be a nightmare of organics. I'm already feeling pretty good about not using any chemical pesticides and such. Think I'll just go with that and see if I'll upgrade later

1 hour ago, JetDro said:

My understanding was TTF is 100% organic.................am I wrong on that???? I am not doing "tea's" and dressings...................Octopot handles all that for me, and I am NOT watering from the top, will confuse the plant. The top 3-5 inches in the grow sleeve is DRY...................wetting it is not going to help matters in my opinion.  Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the pot(bottom feeding)..............but, that is my own opinion, and we know how those go................:)

Dude you just keep doing what your doing, your exactly correct in everything you say. People always try and re invent the wheel instead of sticking to the plan it was designed for, this just makes things more complicated creating complicated problems. The Octopot system is already tweeked, doesn't need anything further to make any better than it is. I'm using the straight LOS mix with water only in the reservoir, the teas with High Power and Aloe will only be used as a foliar spray, leave the mix alone, no need to top dress or water feed from above, like you said that would defeat the purpose of the system.

Baq

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have tried top watering and don't like it.I don't use the octos but I do use flood and drain method..

my plants have always loved this method...what they like ..I do..

• Like 2

Thanks for the input guys, all this is new to me but you have really made my life easy. Top feeding is out but I might try some foliar sprays this round. My main goal is seeds so I dont feel like I need anything too special.

Smoke a bowl of the afghan skunk x shack. Nice skunk smell with some shack funk, nothing too strong but probably would came out a little more if I cured a bit better/longer. Throw a bowl in my apix bong. Nice and smooth, nothing harsh nor super expansive. Been a little congested (or I just been spoiling my self on 6star full melt/dabs or too much crack as a teen) so not gonna go big in flavor depart but it was a nice mostly old school funk. Reminded me of weed I use to get like 10 years ago. Started pretty heady with z moderate body relaxed but active high. Then I'm gonna say the afghan creeper in a little after 15 min, felt a little more behind the eyes, hit a seat but not gonna say completely couch locked and was very nice but still heady that kind of moved to a more relaxed state. A tiny bit of sedation but the hybrid effect still allowed me to keep moving.

Some morning shots without hps. Its pretty much a blizzard here with pushing near 2.5-3ft of snow soon so gonna have to change reses old school style...snow boots activated and engaged.

IMG_20181115_175747_372.jpg

• Like 1

Shack dom pheno of the afghan skunk x shack a nice shot of the killingfields with no flash in the sunlight before I throw it on my trim bin just because it really pops in the sunlight and wont be there for long! 

Then theres this laughable grinspoon dominant fader actual nugs. Smells real nice but I cant stop laughing my ass off at this bud structure..lol. I should save this pheno just for novelty purposes.

Curious how this other pheno turns out tho on the ASxS (thank God for abbreviations) cause these bugs are straight monster collars, loving the variety in pack, also very very nice vegger, I keep looking in my garden like "what's that really nice veg looking plant" and its always my ass #1 or 2..or the kf. The sour power is more lanky and thin like a kush and needs some babying but it flowers real real nice. Maybe I'll cross it with 9lb hammer and call it the ass hammer..fuck I must be stoned 

20190210_124406.jpg

20190210_123922.jpg

20190210_123908.jpg

20190210_124057.jpg

20190210_123922.jpg

20190210_124415.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JetDro said:

It seems to be a mix of organic sources and non-organic. There are some minerals in there, and the enzyme might not be considered organic. I wouldn't concern myself if I were you.

When a product is organic, they'll make sure you know it. The only product they claim is organic on the Urban Farm website is the dry fertilizer. Other than that, they say, "Bat guanos, Kelp, Earthworm Castings, Humic Acid, Vitazyme®, Amino Acids, and Hydroponic-grade minerals."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I remember when I was building my system stinkbud over on riu was saying organics without soil is ether extremely impractical or near impossible. Makes sense to me I do have an organic veg nutrient but it needs to be changed frequently.

I also remember botanicare saying that their shit isnt labeled as organic but it's as close as it comes without making sacrifices for quality. Lots of times these nutrient lines have some type of enzyme or other in them to break down dead roots and plant matter along with stopping contaminants/rot/or mold from growing in your rez.

• Like 1

I w as s gonna put up the tent yesterday, but my gf showed up and needed food and after I put some of this ASS #2 with some kief from the killingfields I got skunked with psychedelic visions and pretty much was out for the night. At least I can verify I grew something that isn't bunk.. Might be keeping this pheno after all.

I like this dual layered tent, should be perfect for small plants to octo.

20190212_123205.jpg

20190212_120116.jpg

20190210_235732.jpg

• Like 3

Been awhile since I was busy on v day. First the resturant, then the girly, then the other girls, then everything else..

got the tent set up.. fits nicely in the corner all tho I havnt seen if how the fans and filter will all fit once said nn done. Got this cree pretty excited for it. Got this jenny kush from rare dankness and a free sol mate (pine sol goji x wookie) 12 pack. Never grown bodhi but heard great things and just picked up some goji oil last month that was fire so here comes the extended kush pheno search. Uppity focused pine body high kushes great for depression and fatigue with focus and creativity is what I'm looking for. With lots of pine lemon and skunk.

The 6 pots fit in the tent, forgot I ordered a dual layered dual layer tent (ding dong) and that would fuck with space measurements but I'm liking the tent. Might have to get some plastic round the edges to stop pollen but I'm thinking I can set up 2 male chambers for pollen if I isolate each male and use the main room as a breeding one. With maybe the spare spaces in between pots to red cup stress test males and see sex or just small plants in small pots...idk yet but I think I might even be happier. But also 6 6gals woulda fit perfectly..maybe I'll try upgrading/experimenting later.

Next step is to organize clones

I'm having this problem, maybe some of you can chime in. Some of my plants leaves are culling. Seems to happen to just a few strains. May sure roots were not in puddle, or light to close, or air, or temp. But still been seeing this fader actual do it in veg. Only had 3 leaves. I tossed it cause seemed like not good traits to look for.

Anyways new seeds

In case you were wondering why it's called the mouse house..

And a rare shot of the v day panty dropper cakes. With secret special sauce

Seems like side 1 of tent is taking forever. Bout to flush and call it a wrap feel like I shoulda done it last week as my clones are starting to get big. Fuck these last 2 plants I've been waiting on. Really thought they would moved along a bit faster these last 3 weeks but meh.

Jalisco ibl Panama from ace triple Pakistan blue hammer x Durghanchitral and blackberry haze looking good

20190215_222108.jpg

20190213_000654.jpg

20190212_164856.jpg

20190212_164851.jpg

20190214_085810.jpg

20190210_131206.jpg

To some of you experienced breeders when selecting sre you hesitant about culling plants early in/pre veg that don't look as healthy or sturdy or do you let them flower just in case you have a delicate gold mine? Or do you first look for imperfections in environment when if it's only 1 orn2 plants that arent happy before you explore option of culling before flowering.