•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Toker

In regards to parent age

Do older plants produce more viable and healthy seeds?

Or can I do a small veg time

And still get healthy beans?

I assume the amount of seeds  will be less but I don't need hundreds.

Just healthy seeds, maybe 40

• Like 1

Hi bro the size of the plant don’t matter as much as the window to pollenate , I run clones for seeds or I pollenate just one bud on the plant ( not looking for thousands maybe 50 or 100 is great for me )

good luck bro 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You'll get more than you expect if you try and do it, lol. Papa is right about the window. Males seem to go first if grown side by side, but ideally you want your girls to have been flowering about 3 weeks, I think. That's the time to hit them with pollen. If you get a male that you can separate and collect pollen, then you can save it and use a paintbrush to dust just one bud or three. It takes very little to go a long way. 

My cross from summer gave me 2200 seeds. lol. I brought the female to the male and shook it all over the female... not needed, heh. Great of you want to really get a lot, but it kind of ruins the smoke but it's good for wax or oil. Once you start playing with pollen expect all other plants to get hit with it too. It's really hard to not spread it. Lots of stuff to read on it. It's easy as hell to make seeds, but making seeds of only one plant is entirely different, heh.

have fun! It's addicting. but, it'll also drive you crazy. All of the sudden you feel pressure to grow out this new cross you create, to search for the Holy Grail or just the best pheno.  I wish I was 20 again.

peace

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi toker I make this out of wire and a old plastic soda bottle I stick a branch through the opening it helps to keep from pollenating everything in the room 

2AD02ACC-C0DE-4D46-B86E-1DC086F8FFC5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very cool SPW! I've seen a few gadgets like that on the net. I need to check those out more and make something for me to use when I need it.

peace

@Mr Goodfellow nothing a little yankie  ingenuity can’t fix 

I also tape a small plastic bag to the bottom to collect any pollen easy as pie 

• Like 1

Oooops, I called you SPW... your new avatar has the same colors as his.... simple minds, heh. I guess I should pay attention a little better. 

Thanks for the tip!

peace

On 2/4/2019 at 2:04 AM, Toker said:

a single bud could still give you dozens of seeds

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2019 at 6:04 PM, Toker said:

No, you don't need a long veg time, but you will need time to finish out fully mature flowers. As long as you hit that window right, in the first 2-3 weeks or so, you'll get fully mature and healthy seeds. I don't think the amount would be different other than you won't have as many buds on a short vegged plant as you would on a tree. But, for the bud alone, you'll get just as many as anything else imo. peace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just make sure you have 6 weeks of flowering left after you pollenate any less they will not mature 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Papalag said:

Hi toker I make this out of wire and a old plastic soda bottle I stick a branch through the opening it helps to keep from pollenating everything in the room 

2AD02ACC-C0DE-4D46-B86E-1DC086F8FFC5.jpeg

Thanks for sharing that.  Great idea for controlling pollen.

• Like 2

Hey Papa, I can't mix that avatar up now, lol!! I hope I didn't cause you to change it... I like the last one. That's a cool one you have there, too. peace

• Haha 1

I've been looking for a new profile pic, just can't seem to find one that fits. My generic one needs to go.

Somebody told me they knew the pic and it was the winner of the Ugliest dog in America one year, lol.. I'd say, as long as it lives it should carry that trophy home year after year.

• Like 3