•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

baqualin

Baqualin's Colorado Grows

Hey Peoples,

I decided since I'm moving to Colorado in April and beginning new start, a new thread to follow my new adventures seems in order. I'm thrilled to be able to grow indoors again and not just be limited to summer outdoor season. I will continue to pop some outside too as I love to see full expressions. I will be starting out with a new system of full spectrum Samsung Quantum Boards for flower, California Light's Works new full spectrum solar extreme lights for veg and my first run with Octopots, I'm stoked to play with all these goodies. All my grows will be using a LOS mix made from scratch, no bag soils or bottled nutes of any kind. When I get to my new location and make the mix I will show it here step by step so you can see how easy it is.

This thread will start out slow and pick up speed once I get to Colorado. In order to hit the ground running I have decided to bring a couple of my selected cuts with me and go a head and crack a couple of Sugar Punches since they're fems which will give me some jars to smoke while I get everything else fired up, plus time to decided what I want to work first. I plan to start the SP now then take cuttings before I leave, trying to time everything to be ready to go in the Octopots as the Bio activity fires up. Should be fun!

Here's the 2 cuts I'm taking with me, both were re vegged from late fall bud and have taken off already in the LOS mix, water only. The slight discoloration in some of the lower leaves are due to late stage re vegging from bud and the LOS mix hadn't set long enough for it to become active, I usually like to mix it up 3 weeks to a month before use, you can see in the growth were it stabilized.

First is my #2 cut of Blue Orca Haze (out of 4 females) and 2nd is my #2 cut of Skywalker OG (out of 6 females)

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

• Like 14

Are you planning to flower these before you move, or are you planning on moving with plants?

3 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

Are you planning to flower these before you move, or are you planning on moving with plants?

3 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

No to the flower out, not enough time, the OG just now kicked in, both were from outdoors and the OG bud was full of leaf aphids, they're smaller and faster than spider mites and they don't spot the leaves, they deform them and stress the fuck out of the plant, especially being a bud, so it took over a month after I found them to kill and recover it, thought it was gone, I hate those fuckers worse than spider mites. The BOH wasn't bothered by anything and took right off, old school genetics. Anyway sorry to ramble, just excited about the change. I will take cuttings from both plants including the Sugar Punch using Rapid Rooters and leave them here with my 4 of my buddies, then trying to time everything I will take another set from the second flush and select the fastest rooter from each cultivar to move with me, so 4 rapid rooters in a bag should be safe for travel and good for the trip out. I will have to pot them up when I get there, but it will take a couple weeks or so for them to recover and take off, that should give the mix time to get bio active, once I pot up the cuttings I'm going to bottom water in a tub to put them in the Octopot conditions while the soil cooks to make the transplant hopefully cruise through the transition. We'll see.:)

Baq

• Like 5

Baq I am thrilled for you!! I keep nagging the wife to sell here, and go west, to Colorado. I'm ready to build out there, she is not ready ..... soon maybe. Love your plan by the way. Best to ya!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, the cash method didn't take any longer than when I ordered with a CC, I might just go that way in the future, extra discount and no paper trail.

@KomaKreations when I saw those Blueberry Killings Fields seeds there was an OOOOOYes, big fat muther fukers, everytime I've seen seeds like that a big aggressive frosty hybrid pops out, I may have to order more BBS to get a few more of the BBKF to select from, I think it's going to be a special blend, something like a Blueberry version of Silverfields. You've thrown a wrench in my grow plans for the summer!;)

Baq

IMG_1186.JPG

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, webeblzr said:

Baq I am thrilled for you!! I keep nagging the wife to sell here, and go west, to Colorado. I'm ready to build out there, she is not ready ..... soon maybe. Love your plan by the way. Best to ya!!

Shit come on out man, we might as well all gather there, then we could form a Co Op!:ph34r:

Baq

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dieseldog381 said:

Blueberry Killing Fields?   Now there's a cross made in heaven if I ever saw one.  

That's what I'm thinking and like I said the seeds are big fat fuckers. If the BBS matches up with Killingfields as well as Super Silver haze did, OH MY!

Baq

• Like 2

Nice Baq! I am taking a seat! 

I wonder which KF pheno Koma used in his cross. 

Luma directly said when BBS hits the shop that it would be a perfect cross with his KF. Koma was already a step a head :P 

love your Skywalker OG. Have some good summer memory from it. 

Happy growing,

sv

• Like 1

I bought Silver Fields some years back when Sugar Punch was unavailable, and so glad I did!  Of everything I've grown from the shop, Silverfirelds is by far the strongest, it'll put you down, and I'm almost immune.  

Mine were all  like a fruit salad some skunk had fallen into, so the Blueberry should be a nice compliment.  Will probably tame the racy paranoia a bit, too.     

• Like 3

3 hours ago, baqualin said:

Well, the cash method didn't take any longer than when I ordered with a CC, I might just go that way in the future, extra discount and no paper trail.

@KomaKreations when I saw those Blueberry Killings Fields seeds there was an OOOOOYes, big fat muther fukers, everytime I've seen seeds like that a big aggressive frosty hybrid pops out, I may have to order more BBS to get a few more of the BBKF to select from, I think it's going to be a special blend, something like a Blueberry version of Silverfields. You've thrown a wrench in my grow plans for the summer!;)

Baq

IMG_1186.JPG

They are some of the biggest beans I have seen in a while 

• Like 4

Baq, one of these days I'll ride out there for while, I want to see My.Goodfellow also. I'll just start being a house mite/aphid for a while, she will gladly (read that as throwing me out)  let me go ride off for a week or 2! 

I will come out, as I need to talk a well driller, and some excavators to get some prices, and of course I'll go see the zoning board to see what bribes I got to pay out, to build a shoebox on the biggest basement allowed by zoning.

• Like 1

I'm here and everything is safe and sound, I haven't hooked up in person with @Mr Goodfellow yet, but we're in phone communication. Sorry for the delay in updates but I'm still in the process of getting the wifi right and setting up my office, concentrated on the garden first! HAHAHA!!

The cuttings made it and have recovered from the travel stress, here they are below as follows Blue Orca Haze, Sugar Punch and Skywalker OG.

These were cloned for the first Octopot run, in rapid rooters waiting for roots.

BOH.JPG

Sugar Punch.JPG

Skywalker OG.JPG

• Like 8

They look very healthy, glad you made it safe and sound. Are we gonna have another Octopot grow thread? :)

• Thanks 1

Sweet, hope all went great with the move. You got there just in time to start enjoying the spring weather. The plants are looking good too. 

Get settled in and I can’t wait to see your room filled with giant buds.

• Thanks 1

As promised once I got to Colorado I had to make soil and would show how I did it, so here's the basic Coot's / Gas / Cornell U Living Organic Soil Mix step by step, roll mixed on a tarp, it's so easy it will make you scratch your head.

This is for 2 cu ft of mix or around 15 Gallons

1)1110172488_LOSmix1.JPG.109494265322a0ca1bea47632a09c693.JPG 5 gallons of Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, only buy in bales.

+2.5 Gallons Earth Worm Castings28483300_LOSmix2.JPG.27eb9f83812a7fa2b32e321fb6ae5f6b.JPG

+

+89198962_LOSmix3.JPG.4715a7f89ee40edd971d6704a29c506f.JPG+2.5 Gallons Hi grade Compost

+3.5 Gallons Pumice1018258039_LOSmix4.JPG.6f480419611af351ff77181ccb759ba7.JPG

1.5 Gallons of uncharged Bio Char 1950703903_LOSmix5.JPG.b8c04ddf92df52c68f4c06ca586dec00.JPG

Then roll mix, this your base261220149_LOSmix6.JPG.f931222ef30b133233e43893a6c4bff9.JPG

Next add amendments

1.5 cups Fish Meal

.5 cups crustacean meal

2 cups Kelp Meal

1 cup oyster shell

1.5 cups Basalt

.5 cups Azomite

1 cup Gypsum 647553951_LOSmix7.JPG.339c201a598b7e0dcc0684a6d7498aa5.JPG

Roll Mix2034888178_LOSmix8.JPG.065cb3aa4323f70293f48ceeef248a4c.JPG

Your done, that's it just moisten, add worms, let set a couple of weeks then have at it, no bottled nutes, just a light top dress and Teas when or if needed, never throw away and like wine and good bourbon it gets better with age. I'll do the same thing as here with teas soon, got to get this shit in the Octopots ASAFP!649075835_LOSmix9.JPG.d4080a1f432bce7891aa76ee7af05c02.JPG

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

They look very healthy, glad you made it safe and sound. Are we gonna have another Octopot grow thread? :)

Well since that's what I will be flowering in going forward, the answer is yes, it won't be a separate thread stated as such, just contained here as my preferred grow method now and in the foreseeable future, if the LOS mix works in the Octo as I expect it will.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, baqualin said:

Well since that's what I will be flowering in going forward, the answer is yes, it won't be a separate thread stated as such, just contained here as my preferred grow method now and in the foreseeable future, if the LOS mix works in the Octo as I expect it will.

It WILL WORK..............have done the same myself.............real close to your mix too. Long as it is "airy" and wicks well, it will work.

SO..............just water in the rez huh...............all food comes from the grow sleeve????  Pretty slick. When I did mine this way, I did NOT amend as much as you, and feed through the rez also.

You plants look excellent! How do you intend to run these............straight up, with screen, or ?????

GLAD you decided to 1/2 root in Rooters 1st.....................saving yourself time and possible headache's. So, your a week or 10 days away from running the Octo's. Make sure you set up the pots so the instant you see root tips, they can go in the big pots.

Looking forward to this grow...............and BTW, REALLY like what you have chosen to run.................Are they from selected mothers of known good plants, or just from a seed run??? Lost my good SP's, want another..............and the Skywalker is something I have been wanting to run myself.

36 minutes ago, JetDro said:

It WILL WORK..............have done the same myself.............real close to your mix too. Long as it is "airy" and wicks well, it will work.

SO..............just water in the rez huh...............all food comes from the grow sleeve????  Pretty slick. When I did mine this way, I did NOT amend as much as you, and feed through the rez also.

You plants look excellent! How do you intend to run these............straight up, with screen, or ?????

GLAD you decided to 1/2 root in Rooters 1st.....................saving yourself time and possible headache's. So, your a week or 10 days away from running the Octo's. Make sure you set up the pots so the instant you see root tips, they can go in the big pots.

Looking forward to this grow...............and BTW, REALLY like what you have chosen to run.................Are they from selected mothers of known good plants, or just from a seed run??? Lost my good SP's, want another..............and the Skywalker is something I have been wanting to run myself.

Thanks, the plants have been in a similar mix from the start, no nutes, the Sugar Punch is from seed I sprouted before I left Ky, the BOH and Skywalker are cuttings from the past outdoor season and we’re taken from the best outdoor mothers (best out of 6 for both), so they’re over a year old, started December 2017. After looking at the height on the 6 gallon Octo I will probably do a screen or train like a mofro, with the light I’m running in the 4X4 it has to be 30” min from the canopy or I will get burn, so not much leaway regarding.

This is the tune in run, followed by a Velvet Orca run, I’m so excited to not have to hide anymore.

• Like 4

I had actually germinated 5 Sugar Punch, but left 4 with friends for all their help and support.

• Like 1

Ah hell, here you are. I'll have to come back to read this thread. Never saw til now. I haven't been browsing new threads for a while I guess... Looks like you're back in the saddle... I see lots of soil ingredients. Can't wait to come back and check it out. Later

peace

Looking good bro. Thanks for the soil class. That didn't take long, lol. Do you have to add flowering nutes in the end, or boosters? Or is it already in there? It actually seems like a perfect fit for the Octo. All of your nutes will stay in the soil mix for the microbes to use, and not get washed through like I do. 

I did premix my nutes into the soil this time and may only have to give it some teas until I flip which is gonna be right away something.. I din't add the flowering nutes because I wasn't sure I'd repot one more time or not but I don't think I will. Maybe a few. 

No miracles here yet this week, so it's not looking too good for me getting up there for 4/20. Looks like my birthday will be as exciting this year as Christmas was... :td I'll let you know. Maybe you could still jet up and see MrDirt. Still hoping for a break.

• Like 1

Hey baqualin. Glad to see you are up and running in CO.  I use the same soil mix recipe, except I am using rice hulls instead of pumice.

I am very interested in the BOH and the Velvet Orca. I have read many good things about Swami gear, just haven't taken a swing at them. Definitely pulling up a chair...

• Like 1

What shoeless said  Totally 

very interested in there gear never seen any grow reports on them

following the show 

• Like 1