Jump to content
  •     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

baqualin

Baqualin's Colorado Grows

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, baqualin said:

One thing I cut out and won't use anymore is the Azomite, just has to much Aluminum in it, I go with straight Basalt dust.

We just happen to be living near an awesome source of basalt, too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Sir!

 

IMG_1775.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm close to finding my keeper out of 4 female Velvet Orca's from the first run. It's the only one showing these traits and it's both cuttings of the #1 VO showing this, I took 2 slips of each pheno. I will know more tomorrow when I check on the full size outside plants and take pics. Keep in mind these pics are from cuttings not full size plants.

 

DSO at Red Rocks w Hot Tuna 09_08_2019-146.jpg

DSO at Red Rocks w Hot Tuna 09_08_2019-157.jpg

DSO at Red Rocks w Hot Tuna 09_08_2019-167.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

What is Zapotec? Nice line up there :)

Highland Oaxacan Gold X 72 Columbia Gold. No ceiling on this baby!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baq omg bro the velvet orca drool damn I definitely need this one ( just like you said in the beginning guess you were right lol) 

also a question on gas ‘s  soil mix is it a no feed mix ?  I was looking at his mix for sale and it seem a bit expensive? I imagine it would be cheeper to make the mix your self ?  I’ve used sub cools super soil mix felt it was too hot  , do you see this happening with the mix your using ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Papalag said:

Baq omg bro the velvet orca drool damn I definitely need this one ( just like you said in the beginning guess you were right lol) 

also a question on gas ‘s  soil mix is it a no feed mix ?  I was looking at his mix for sale and it seem a bit expensive? I imagine it would be cheeper to make the mix your self ?  I’ve used sub cools super soil mix felt it was too hot  , do you see this happening with the mix your using ?

 

 

No feed except for a weekly tea, no bottle nutes period. The first page of this thread shows step by step instructions with pictures, I'll send you the list of the exact mix and amendments I use. That super soil is way to hot, this isn't, but it's still best to wait a week or so before planting to give the bio's a chance to start. I usually mix it then seed with cover crop, when the cover crop seeds sprout I plant my seedlings then.

LOS soils are the ultimate way to grow anything.......if you make it right and leave it alone, as soon as you over think it and start adding shit you fuck up!

Baq

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The los do you think it can be reused or a start over from scratch? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Papalag said:

The los do you think it can be reused or a start over from scratch? 

 

35 minutes ago, Papalag said:

The los do you think it can be reused or a start over from scratch? 

I plan on using mine till I die, I’ll core out the stalk and cut the roots off the Octopot bottom amend and plant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, baqualin said:

 

I plan on using mine till I die, I’ll core out the stalk and cut the roots off the Octopot bottom amend and plant.

I was thinking of something like a no till method  

 

Just like you said just cut the roots and go again 

i can get like a mad scientist with super soil need to keep it simple stupid lol 

thanks 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Baqualin. Love the look of the VO, but I particularly love the watermark. Almost invisible but obviously yours.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shoeless said:

Hey Baqualin. Love the look of the VO, but I particularly love the watermark. Almost invisible but obviously yours.

I went to that watermark for Instagram to protect my work and I started using it on all pics, it protects and doesn’t distract from the pictures. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She’s a beauty....looks like you got a killer cut bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sugar punch greasing up nicely.

untitled-199.thumb.jpg.03abb37edaf6153719422d92776b36b1.jpg

Skywalker OG not far behind, always greases up at the end

untitled-218.thumb.jpg.6b50197ab670bb5152587356b23f30bf.jpg

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to make a quick run south to check on the mothers (sorry @Mr Goodfellow a last minute quick trip), mainly the Velvet Orca's and here's what I saw.

Velvet Orca #2 pheno: This the one I gave you @Mr Goodfellow, it has a nice hint of chocolate to it.

2126938698_VelvetOrcaoutdoorfall2019-7.thumb.jpg.0c015bb48ed72b82976e7dbbef90136e.jpg

Velvet Orca #1 pheno

1857239337_VelvetOrcaoutdoorfall2019-8.thumb.jpg.7ced72255f2c66392684ddcd5e4340d0.jpg

1656185293_VelvetOrcaoutdoorfall2019-9.thumb.jpg.5c8246991121a2b7a691397cb57c082e.jpg

Velvet Orca #4 Pheno:

560311991_VelvetOrcaoutdoorfall2019-10.thumb.jpg.ee4ded091b51540272c065e07c67fc09.jpg

2131380387_VelvetOrcaoutdoorfall2019-13.thumb.jpg.8f34eddf39db21f37b59f9aa6955ee17.jpg

Velvet Orca #3 Pheno: This looks so far to be the keeper, most sativa structure, nice fruity real old school smell, high resin production, the fastest finisher and nice fall colors yellow with dark purple leaf edges. will know for sure when I smoke em all. I couldn't keep my nose out of this one, kept going back to it!

550705307_VelvetOrcaoutdoorfall2019-5.thumb.jpg.26114714af01c102408525581e3d2fc4.jpg

1042987863_VelvetOrcaoutdoorfall2019-1.thumb.jpg.a94916e6e4b7fa63da0630ebc18a4c16.jpg

503777689_VelvetOrcaoutdoorfall2019-2.thumb.jpg.881a6b96ceb8f6f054c41c58d6f66499.jpg

 

464982110_VelvetOrcaoutdoorfall2019-3.thumb.jpg.577d1a61ebb1237fbcf45d6f6be58672.jpg

 

1897885329_VelvetOrcaoutdoorfall2019-4.thumb.jpg.07d3e63ba99a08774906d8426db94b32.jpg

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking awesome bro! They all look fine. I have one plant outside that is turning yellows and purples already, too. It's a Lemon Bubba or LB cross. lost the tags.

The cuts are looking really nice. I have them with my other seedlings and starters under T-5s and it's like medicine for them. Slow and steady. I have a load of new stuff I have to deal with real soon. My outdoor stuff is there till it's over except the Golden Wedding. It's got 14-16 more weeks to go. It has to come in. Hopefully downstairs. It still seems to be devoid of pest for some reason. I use silica and I think that really helps but I ran out and need to re-up.

My outdoor stuff is starting to go off nicely. Man, I have a terpene carnival going on out there and that's just the ones smelling now. I know I have some others that should deliver as well.  I have one Goji x Blue Magoo that has barely started flowering but smells insanely nice. 

That Velvet Orca #3 is also going off really nice. Early girl. Already fat and changing colors. Nice job man. My trip for materials in Pueblo is now an ETA of late Sept. Come on down anytime. peace

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sugar Punch doing what Sugar Punch does, making sugar!:)

181555810_tentrunI09_14_2019-207.thumb.jpg.8e9c4a4b9ea1b3dee21bf0d949c27c9a.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess that 's your indoor grow? She's really building bud. They were dense as hell when I saw them. It sure looks nice.

That Velvet Orca is looking great, too. Nice yielding it looks like. I'll get a pic of the cuttings up soon. They look almost the same. I took off the damaged leaves and nothing new has turned up. I've been watering slow to keep them down a little I have another run starting that they'll be a part of. After I get the last 5 repotted today, I'll start getting my lights set up downstairs. I think I have a 1000w I can use from a friend. Geting there.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

I guess that 's your indoor grow? She's really building bud. They were dense as hell when I saw them. It sure looks nice.

That Velvet Orca is looking great, too. Nice yielding it looks like. I'll get a pic of the cuttings up soon. They look almost the same. I took off the damaged leaves and nothing new has turned up. I've been watering slow to keep them down a little I have another run starting that they'll be a part of. After I get the last 5 repotted today, I'll start getting my lights set up downstairs. I think I have a 1000w I can use from a friend. Geting there.

The #2 Velvet Orca cut you have is in the first picture above in the blue pot, it has a nice chocolate aroma and dense greasy buds, take a cutting before you put it into flower for back up, same with the Sugar Punch. I'm letting you and K keep the temp mothers so I can run more and make selections to run and find us better stuff, upgrading the mommy's as we go.

Just got a treat to play with from Gas!

IMG_1779.thumb.JPG.3486575a5e4dd5d070940c97ff0764d2.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, baqualin said:

Sugar Punch doing what Sugar Punch does, making sugar!:)

181555810_tentrunI09_14_2019-207.thumb.jpg.8e9c4a4b9ea1b3dee21bf0d949c27c9a.jpg

Dang, grown SP a few times,, haven't had anything that pretty yet.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His SP looked good when I saw it just geting started. I have pics. It was nice looking then. And, it was a beast!

Sugar Punch cut is really healthy and putting regular fans out now. Not so much on the other two. I watered them all pretty good today and they are looking really nice. No need to give anything at thus point, not that I see. When I bring them up to a larger pot it'll have all of the nutes in the soil and microbes do the work. Things seem to be working pretty good the way I'm going. 

Once I get the downstairs light set up they all go in there and get HPS veg time for a bit. I may have a 1000w light to use so it will help. The 600w will be the veg area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, baqualin said:

The #2 Velvet Orca cut you have is in the first picture above in the blue pot, it has a nice chocolate aroma and dense greasy buds, take a cutting before you put it into flower for back up, same with the Sugar Punch. I'm letting you and K keep the temp mothers so I can run more and make selections to run and find us better stuff, upgrading the mommy's as we go.

Just got a treat to play with from Gas!

IMG_1779.thumb.JPG.3486575a5e4dd5d070940c97ff0764d2.JPG....

Oh, and.... :smoke:tu... +1

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baqualin, i just finished reading through this thread, i have to say MAD PROPS to you! From the work related photographs, to the indoor octopot grow, to the outdoor girls, this thread is awesome! And you have a fine selection of genetics to choose from too. I think my favorites of them all is the choco tai X paki/choco tai, and the Highland Oaxacan Gold X 72 Columbian Gold. But it all sounds awesome! Sounds like you are living the dream for sure. Im going to be learning about those octopots now because of this grow.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 12:34 AM, Chief Runningbud said:

Baqualin, i just finished reading through this thread, i have to say MAD PROPS to you! From the work related photographs, to the indoor octopot grow, to the outdoor girls, this thread is awesome! And you have a fine selection of genetics to choose from too. I think my favorites of them all is the choco tai X paki/choco tai, and the Highland Oaxacan Gold X 72 Columbian Gold. But it all sounds awesome! Sounds like you are living the dream for sure. Im going to be learning about those octopots now because of this grow.

Thanks Man! Really glad your back on here, our last conversation was a little over 5 years ago right after I got busted for cultivation. I also shut down for 5 years and just returned last year. I moved here in April of this year and love it. My vault is larger now than it ever was and along with the rest here we can get you back up to par.

Oh, please tell me you still have some of those LP#1 seeds??????

Best and glad to see ya back!

Baq

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...