•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

baqualin

Baqualin's Colorado Grows

@islayhearts, all 3 MOBx Cocoon turned out make but the are bad to the bone looking. It's sort of crazy as all the other 12 were female. I said I wasn't going to keep any males this time but I still have all 3 of those.  They're gnarly looking with twisted leaves on a couple that are symmetrical on both sides of the plant. I still have them in one gallon pots but wonder how big they would have been in bigger ones. The leaves on them all are so huge and by far bigger than anything else I had going. I'll have to get some pics up. I plan on maybe keeping one or two with cloning. I feel like they'll be good candidates for a project. That Cocoon was good smoke.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, islayhearts said:

What a score on the stinky unicorn!!!!! And his goji og is amazing.  

Hope you find something amazing in there! Enjoy the hunt. 

I was lucky to get the Stinky Unicorn, drop went down at 4 am and was gone before lunch, 10 minutes after I grabbed one, really wanted this one. I won't get to it until spring and I plan to have clones available for select people!;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

@islayhearts, all 3 MOBx Cocoon turned out make but the are bad to the bone looking. It's sort of crazy as all the other 12 were female. I said I wasn't going to keep any males this time but I still have all 3 of those.  They're gnarly looking with twisted leaves on a couple that are symmetrical on both sides of the plant. I still have them in one gallon pots but wonder how big they would have been in bigger ones. The leaves on them all are so huge and by far bigger than anything else I had going. I'll have to get some pics up. I plan on maybe keeping one or two with cloning. I feel like they'll be good candidates for a project. That Cocoon was good smoke.

That's a bummer to hear about all males but such is life.  Do you have more seeds?? And for breeding it should be stellar.  Maybe just collect some pollen and dust away.  

Im glad you enjoyed the cocoon,  it is a favorite around the house.  I hide it most times Haha.  

38 minutes ago, baqualin said:

I was lucky to get the Stinky Unicorn, drop went down at 4 am and was gone before lunch, 10 minutes after I grabbed one, really wanted this one. I won't get to it until spring and I plan to have clones available for select people!;)

Those auctions and limited drops you need to be on top off.  And spring is always a good time,  doing some outdoor I hope?? And lucky people they are to have access to your genetic stable of clones!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, islayhearts said:

That's a bummer to hear about all males but such is life.  Do you have more seeds?? And for breeding it should be stellar.  Maybe just collect some pollen and dust away.  

Im glad you enjoyed the cocoon,  it is a favorite around the house.  I hide it most times Haha.  

Those 3 were the only ones I dropped. So, probably got lots of females in the rest of the seeds, heh. These 3 are really worth keeping atm, I believe. Everything about them has been impressive since they sprouted. I've been looking at them and trying to pick one to stay with, but it's been that hard. I may put them in bigger pots to see how they do but I my be better just to clone them for now and flower them later. They would have to be pretty good partners for a project. It's afgooey x wookie isn't it?

@Baqualin, sounds like a rare catch you found. Super nice. I have to stay away from too much information because I can't pull the trigger on anything atm, lol. I got the 1000w light going downstairs and the plants exploded. Plus the temps came up some. I'm going to flip this run real soon. I want some good smoke with no seeds. I have a lot of crazy crosses in my hands now. After this run I need to make some f2 seeds for Saxo from the last of his Chocolate Rain seeds, before I start anything else. I wanted to make sure I could get this downstairs place going good. Moving ahead. I'm hanging the panda film this morning. 

BAM! 100 square feet of new grow space. 

I made it where I have a 3-4 foot space around it between the walls. That should help create a dead air space and keep the cold from the concrete walls off. The temp went from 59 when I started to 70 inside the space when I finished. It should run higher now. Humidity is hanging around 45% which is high for me. That I can fix later.

The 1000w and some heat really woke the plants up overnight. I'll flip them in a day or two or they'll be trees. One is almost on its way already; the large one is @Cristalin's Afghan CBD x Black Afghani. I'm glad I was able to let it veg and fill out so he can see more.

IMG_5549.thumb.jpg.ea26e2a7b76a152f50c0d2055b1f4a10.jpg

IMG_5555.thumb.jpg.7190b2d6735ed60a029658af7e254e6e.jpg

peace   :shifty:  :smoke

:spliff:

• Like 8

Next up will be the installing the raised beds to begin the no till regenerative soil systems. Potting takes up way too much of my time, and if I can lessen it, then great. I'll always have some things in pots. I already bough a 275 water tank to install outside the window above the space. That will be my gravity irrigation system in the making. I have a water tap outside right next to it so next phase will be to get the water catch system in place to reclaim what I can when it rains. Man, I been dreaming of getting this done for two years. Good times ahead! peace

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Those 3 were the only ones I dropped. So, probably got lots of females in the rest of the seeds, heh. These 3 are really worth keeping atm, I believe. Everything about them has been impressive since they sprouted. I've been looking at them and trying to pick one to stay with, but it's been that hard. I may put them in bigger pots to see how they do but I my be better just to clone them for now and flower them later. They would have to be pretty good partners for a project. It's afgooey x wookie isn't it?

@Baqualin, sounds like a rare catch you found. Super nice. I have to stay away from too much information because I can't pull the trigger on anything atm, lol. I got the 1000w light going downstairs and the plants exploded. Plus the temps came up some. I'm going to flip this run real soon. I want some good smoke with no seeds. I have a lot of crazy crosses in my hands now. After this run I need to make some f2 seeds for Saxo from the last of his Chocolate Rain seeds, before I start anything else. I wanted to make sure I could get this downstairs place going good. Moving ahead. I'm hanging the panda film this morning. 

Loompa headband x wookie 15 is the cocoon.  MOB..... honestly not sure on that one but is a 8 week strain of purple nugs that reek of blueberries.  So together,  can't really go wrong I'm thinking.  

• Like 2

the MOB aka. maines own blueberry (aka. mother of berries) is a clone being kept and shared among closed circles in US.

it's fabled to be a BB that is around longer then dj short, but i heard from trustable people that it is an s1 of a f2 dj short bb,

which makes much more sense, since the MOB talk definetly started after dj's creation ... the "mother of berries" moniker

was attatched to create the impression it is around longer then dj's, which gets eaten up by many, but that's not true, imho.

i did not grew it myself (yet?), but i have some notes from a friend that described the clone to me:

she shows some afghan-budshapes & yield and has five to six finger leafs with rather wide blades.

the much thinner topleaf-crowns still do show the sativa-influence from the highland mex, though.

(sure reads like a pheno coming from F2'ing dj's ... anyone that grew some bbf2's would agree here.)

anyhoo, MOB is great, very nice bluberry pheno for sure and fast too.

i sampled some buds of the clone and grew some S2 a while ago :)

good couchlock, but still some heady activity ... great balanced buzz.

• Like 4

I know a bit of MOB.

Some years ago I went on a consult to Maine for a breeder.

While there I saw this long held plant and met one of the people who keep the genetic from way back in the day.

I personally saw this plant root in 3 days ready to plant.  3 days from cut from Mom with perfect roots.  I have never seen such an easy and fast rooting genetic before.

It had good blueberry flavor but is very susceptible to mold/mildew.

I have not much experience with DJ f1 blueberry so I can't opinion but those who hold the clone are vocal that it is not related. 

The same guy had an original LSD plant.  Low yield, little frost compared to today but powerful.  Still stand up and with the current glory strains of today.

For me, MOB mother of berries, has little value.  Mainly due to the mold issues.

Back in the day MOB was the genetic that many knew as Maine weed.  Today, you have some who hold the genetic but it is no longer a go to strain.  But man she clones fast.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

I made it where I have a 3-4 foot space around it between the walls. That should help create a dead air space and keep the cold from the concrete walls off. The temp went from 59 when I started to 70 inside the space when I finished. It should run higher now. Humidity is hanging around 45% which is high for me. That I can fix later.

The 1000w and some heat really woke the plants up overnight. I'll flip them in a day or two or they'll be trees. One is almost on its way already; the large one is @Cristalin's Afghan CBD x Black Afghani. I'm glad I was able to let it veg and fill out so he can see more.

I would raise those plants off the ground.  Maybe a piece of wood or something.  It will help keep your soil temps consistent.  The ground can get plenty cold in comparison.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

That is cool looking.

• Like 1

no such things as genuine mob (mother of berries) seeds.  Perhaps someone made a fem version though.  Its a clone only thing for regular though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

I have MOB seeds I need to pop, I Lost all the ones I tried to pop, during my I am a Killer of Seedlings stage lol

I understand.  I once lost about 50 seeds of Athena.  Which was most difficult to obtain.  In my case my dumb butt did not put the lid back on after taking a photo.

To this day I prefer to clone than to grow from seeds.  I generally have no issue with seeds, more the lids lol, but I always preferred clones.  Perhaps it from managing the mother and seeing the whole process through that endears me to clones.

However, my favorite thing in growing other than teaching is to select phenotypes and selecting from seed is my most favorite as its nothing but discovery compared to selecting from clones further up the selection process where we select the best of the phenotypes in terms of the traits looking for.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hempyfan said:

no such things as genuine mob (mother of berries) seeds.  Perhaps someone made a fem version though.  Its a clone only thing for regular though.

Have no clue, they were gifted to me. Mother of Blueberry maybe ha ha Not sure :) Oh no Wait, think it is Maines Own Blueberry? See here we go again, too many initials the same, Ms half brain dead here sees initials and think she knows what ya mean lol 

EDIT- I have another close to same initials MOAB ha ha that one is Mother of All Bud. We need a cheat sheet of strain initials lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

Have no clue, they were gifted to me. Mother of Blueberry maybe ha ha Not sure :)

im sure you have something good and blueberry regardless.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hempyfan said:

I would raise those plants off the ground.  Maybe a piece of wood or something.  It will help keep your soil temps consistent.  The ground can get plenty cold in comparison.

Thanks, @Hempyfan, I had planned to do that right away. I was so happy to get to this stage that I had to take a pic. I have some things to use now but not enough. I may find some wood pallets to try but would rather have them a little higher than that. Everything is in 5 gallon pots this time except 3 and they may get put into 7 gallon pots. It's going to be a chore trying to get the environment stable in there, but It'll happen as soon as I can make it happen.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gardenartus said:

I have MOB seeds I need to pop, I Lost all the ones I tried to pop, during my I am a Killer of Seedlings stage lol

Heat mats really been a game changer for my germinating rates :verrygood

• Like 2

On 11/4/2019 at 7:44 AM, Hempyfan said:

I know a bit of MOB.

Some years ago I went on a consult to Maine for a breeder.

While there I saw this long held plant and met one of the people who keep the genetic from way back in the day.

I personally saw this plant root in 3 days ready to plant.  3 days from cut from Mom with perfect roots.  I have never seen such an easy and fast rooting genetic before.

It had good blueberry flavor but is very susceptible to mold/mildew.

I have not much experience with DJ f1 blueberry so I can't opinion but those who hold the clone are vocal that it is not related. 

The same guy had an original LSD plant.  Low yield, little frost compared to today but powerful.  Still stand up and with the current glory strains of today.

For me, MOB mother of berries, has little value.  Mainly due to the mold issues.

Back in the day MOB was the genetic that many knew as Maine weed.  Today, you have some who hold the genetic but it is no longer a go to strain.  But man she clones fast.

Correct, it’s clone only and is easily had here in Colorado, cuts are common at the dispensaries. We grew it outside this summer and it did really well no mold problems, it’s a medium yielder, but the smell and taste are off the hook berry, it’s my go to nighttime smoke and it helps with my stomach. I also will grab a bowl of it when my Sativa’s get me to jittery, takes the tightness in your tummy away.

• Like 2

An another one to the vault!

1D9C94FE-D638-49BF-A2D7-AB316709D7AD.jpeg

• Like 6

That's some 'zotic shit bro, lol... My collection is hitting some new highs, as well. I was gonna shoot you a text today but had to feed and trim some plants and then go to town to work on finishing a small job. I have a nice one for you to taste when I come up. Purple Poison Cookies. wow. I have more seeds of it and may be able to get more.

Got some Archive seeds and cuts coming as well. The dungeon is the shit. Just have to solve the heat issue atm. I have it holding around 70 -72º lately and the ground is warmer than the air inside because it's 10 feet below GS. The plants are digging the 1000w addition to the 600w. Gonna flip any day and then it'll be a forest, I can tell you. I wasn't expecting so many female. 3 Platinum Huck Cookies x Blue Magoo, 3 Afghan CBD x Black Afghani, 5 Unknown (to me) mom x Snow Lotus bx v1 dad, 1 Sugar Punch, 1 Blue Orca Haze, 1 Velvet Orca, and 1 Wedding Cake x Gelato x Dosido. 

I have  3 of those MOB x Cocoon Males going and going to get pollen. I couldn't resist with these 3 studs. Mostly all the same structure.... changes are happening though. Hope you didn't get too much snow. We only got an inch and super cold but back to 60's today and tomorrow. peace

• Like 2

Predator Mites naturally appeared in my LOS, freaked when I first saw them especially on a newly germinated seed, then I realized what was going on, I make my own EWC's and the bin was outside all summer, so it's full of all kinds of good stuff and that's what I'm using in everything. Love it!

330927438_Predatormotes11_16_2019-146.thumb.jpg.e0072a17a39443bb977762c08030b655.jpg

• Like 2