•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

baqualin

Baqualin's Colorado Grows

3 hours ago, smilestyle said:

Beautiful plants, baqualin. I love the way  plants grow in octopots. Seems to be a nearly perfect method to grow like wonderboy.

I attached some pics of DJ shorts F13, where you can see typical blueberry growth. (Twisted leaves,white stripes, purple stems and petioles.)

smilegallery_3033_4448_1354046.jpggallery_3033_4119_528153.jpggallery_3033_4448_546958.jpg

Thanks! I've grown DJ's Blueberry multiple times through the years starting with Dutch Passion's in 2004 I believe and I've seen various expressions, personally I actually prefer the original SSH cut of Blue Dream over the straight BB, it has much more actual BB smell and flavor, to me.

Best,

Baq

2 minutes ago, JetDro said:

CBX on the left???

The 6 banger.

Hey baq, we better meet up soon... I'm running out of real estate..lol :ph34r: I have a butt load of things going but now find out I go back to that job in two weeks. I may only be gone a week but it could be two. I'f I'm lucky my current run will be finished, at least most of them. Then I have to haul everything else up to the mountains to a friends greenhouse or outdoor corral. he's a grower and will look after them... I hope. My roomie would have no clue really.. I won't take that chance this year.

Man, I'm not sure If I can even get to Pueblo before the first. I'll sure try. Or I'd rather drive on up. it'll be tight with all I have to do to be ready to go south. My partner has some work at his house that he's been wanting me to do. Some I may stay for but the main project I want to hold him off until fall. I have way too much going on here in the summer to leave but have no choice. Oh well... I hope I can chop my NAW before I leave.. I'd really hate to have to move them for just the last two weeks.. or leave them like this for anybody!! lol

airborne jack..

IMG_2388.thumb.jpeg.93a434ebb325188e2867c7db6471c8a3.jpeg

:icecream:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, baqualin said:

When you can make it, I'll hook you up. Just to tease I got 88 NL#5 X Nevilles Haze F6 and The One / Punto Rojo X NL#5 / NHaze coming in this week along with some Red Maui and Blue Berry Blast from Snow High.

Baq

Tease for @Justcozz here's what we're working on today and doing DABS, you would fit right in, see pictures below

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

I’d have a ball in there, not too sure you’d want me in there after smoke’n though....lol

you will have fun riding the Rockies on those bikes. I didn’t have a bike when I lived there, but made road trips all the time checking out small towns. I miss those days.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JetDro said:

I use to own one

Well I guess you would fit in there too!!!!:wOOt

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Hey baq, we better meet up soon... I'm running out of real estate..lol :ph34r: I have a butt load of things going but now find out I go back to that job in two weeks. I may only be gone a week but it could be two. I'f I'm lucky my current run will be finished, at least most of them. Then I have to haul everything else up to the mountains to a friends greenhouse or outdoor corral. he's a grower and will look after them... I hope. My roomie would have no clue really.. I won't take that chance this year.

Man, I'm not sure If I can even get to Pueblo before the first. I'll sure try. Or I'd rather drive on up. it'll be tight with all I have to do to be ready to go south. My partner has some work at his house that he's been wanting me to do. Some I may stay for but the main project I want to hold him off until fall. I have way too much going on here in the summer to leave but have no choice. Oh well... I hope I can chop my NAW before I leave.. I'd really hate to have to move them for just the last two weeks.. or leave them like this for anybody!! lol

airborne jack..

IMG_2388.thumb.jpeg.93a434ebb325188e2867c7db6471c8a3.jpeg

:icecream:

No worries man, I'm not going anywhere till my ashes are sent back to Ky in a box.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@JetDro here's a quick update, I say quick because I had just posted, but they're starting to hit the Octo boast stage and I'm wondering what you think would be a good time to flip, I've never scrogged in an Octopot or even grown in one before this run, so not sure on timing, don't want to bust the roof off my tent, on the stretch! All comments welcome. Not sure about the Sugar Punch stretch either first time growing it, always ran Silverfields before,  the BOH and Skywalker OG get fucking huge, they were over 8' outside last summer after topping.

Baq

untitled-1-7.jpg

• Like 3

Hey Baq., it really depends on how much the strain stretches. Keep everything under the net a week or so into flower. Try and anticipate how tall the colas will get before they stop vertical growth. Short indices I’d allow a foot or so headroom, a Sativa that likes to reach for the sky, keep it tucked a little longer.

My Sannies Jack and Kinky Blaze were kept tucked until the end of week 2. Almost all the colas reached 12-14 inches above the net. Since the plant is sending all its nutrient to equally to all the branches,  I’d expect the plant to stretch to be about half the height what the It normally stretches, though overall mass of the plant will be much more.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, baqualin said:

@JetDro here's a quick update, I say quick because I had just posted, but they're starting to hit the Octo boast stage and I'm wondering what you think would be a good time to flip, I've never scrogged in an Octopot or even grown in one before this run, so not sure on timing, don't want to bust the roof off my tent, on the stretch! All comments welcome. Not sure about the Sugar Punch stretch either first time growing it, always ran Silverfields before,  the BOH and Skywalker OG get fucking huge, they were over 8' outside last summer after topping.

Baq

untitled-1-7.jpg

Man, they look excellent!  You have a bit to go yet.  They need to be "kept" under the screen however. Keeping them UNDER it, and horizontal, forces all the side branching. I would let them come up like you have here.............for 1 or 2 days, to get some fresh air, then back completely under the screen. 

Your screen is maybe 25-30 percent full.................I would let them fill 65-70 percent of it, then flip. If you OVER do it, it is easier to fill the screen later on, by cutting and bending. IF your SHORT, not much you can do.  When you flip them, get up under the screen every day, untwist all the side branching, or it becomes a mess in week 3 and 4.

I had strains that stretch for 3 weeks, I knew that going in. I kept them completely under the screen for the 1st 11 days, then let them lose and come up through. I did not want to be "short" with 6 inch tops. I guessed well, all my tops are 12-18 inches, just what I wanted.

When they reach almost to the 4 corners, and start to really touch each other..................turn them...............i would guess..............hmmmmm    2 weeks more veggin and bending.

BTW........back left Octo needs a fill up........................................is that Quart crystal under there??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetDro said:

Man, they look excellent!  You have a bit to go yet.  They need to be "kept" under the screen however. Keeping them UNDER it, and horizontal, forces all the side branching. I would let them come up like you have here.............for 1 or 2 days, to get some fresh air, then back completely under the screen. 

Your screen is maybe 25-30 percent full.................I would let them fill 65-70 percent of it, then flip. If you OVER do it, it is easier to fill the screen later on, by cutting and bending. IF your SHORT, not much you can do.  When you flip them, get up under the screen every day, untwist all the side branching, or it becomes a mess in week 3 and 4.

I had strains that stretch for 3 weeks, I knew that going in. I kept them completely under the screen for the 1st 11 days, then let them lose and come up through. I did not want to be "short" with 6 inch tops. I guessed well, all my tops are 12-18 inches, just what I wanted.

When they reach almost to the 4 corners, and start to really touch each other..................turn them...............i would guess..............hmmmmm    2 weeks more veggin and bending.

BTW........back left Octo needs a fill up........................................is that Quart crystal under there??

Yes, I’m a Geologist and I used to collect buy and sell exotic mineral specimens, I’m in the process of selling my personal collection as we speak, already let go of a chunk and I have a big dealer out of Denver coming to look at the rest. I will keep a few things I’ve collected myself.

I’m aware of the back Octo, all of them need a fill up thanks for pointing out, but believe me I’m in that room 30 times a day!

LOS seems to be working fine in the Octo, still nothing but tap water in the reservoir.

Thanks for your advice!

Baq

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, baqualin said:

Yes, I’m a Geologist and I used to collect buy and sell exotic mineral specimens, I’m in the process of selling my personal collection as we speak, already let go of a chunk and I have a big dealer out of Denver coming to look at the rest. I will keep a few things I’ve collected myself.

I’m aware of the back Octo, all of them need a fill up thanks for pointing out, but believe me I’m in that room 30 times a day!

LOS seems to be working fine in the Octo, still nothing but tap water in the reservoir.

Thanks for your advice!

Baq

I have all manner of Quartz...............from my own digs in Arkansas. Several are pictured in some coffee table books............like this one:

DSC00007.thumb.JPG.48886346f04791bc260500ce750c34d8.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JetDro said:

LOS seems to be working fine in the Octo, still nothing but tap water in the reservoir

I figured it probably would. The Octo's are really open to many ways to use them. LOS was a great idea. Your ladies look outstanding!

• Thanks 1

Hey, there are all kinds of places in Colorado to find crystals. Might even find some specimens worth $$$. 

Go check out Manitou Springs. Cool little town with a lot of neat shops, many have crystals and rocks. 

9 minutes ago, JetDro said:

I have all manner of Quartz...............from my own digs in Arkansas. Several are pictured in some coffee table books............like this one:

DSC00007.thumb.JPG.48886346f04791bc260500ce750c34d8.JPG

Sweet! I used to collect in the Valley of Rush on the Buffalo River in the old lead zinc district for Smithsonite ( Turkey Fat ) and Calcites on druzy Quartz and down around Hot Springs for Smoky Quartz with Brookite Crystals. I've moved tons of Arkansas Quartz over the years, got rid of all my big pieces, but still have a few smaller ones with white Feldspar crystals on the matrix, I'll dig up a picture of it.   I also grew up fishing the White River around Cotter and Mountain Home. Kicked around the Herrison Mountain area too, love it there! You have any good Wavellite from there??

Baq

1 minute ago, baqualin said:

Sweet! I used to collect in the Valley of Rush on the Buffalo River in the old lead zinc district for Smithsonite ( Turkey Fat ) and Calcites on druzy Quartz and down around Hot Springs for Smoky Quartz with Brookite Crystals. I've moved tons of Arkansas Quartz over the years, got rid of all my big pieces, but still have a few smaller ones with white Feldspar crystals on the matrix, I'll dig up a picture of it.   I also grew up fishing the White River around Cotter and Mountain Home. Kicked around the Herrison Mountain area too, love it there! You have any good Wavellite from there??

Baq

As a matter of fact, I do!

8 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

Hey, there are all kinds of places in Colorado to find crystals. Might even find some specimens worth $$$. 

Go check out Manitou Springs. Cool little town with a lot of neat shops, many have crystals and rocks. 

I've already been all over it and have a lot of people interested, made contacts with some collectors working leases on Pikes Peak that will let me go help work some pockets with them. Just because I'm selling out, doesn't mean I'm gonna quit digging so yes your right! By the way I've also hooked up through my real estate work with a guy that has a 1,000 ft lease on the Arkansas River around Leadville just down stream from an active gold mine and wants me to help him prospect it.. plus I will have fishing access....maybe that will get you here!:wOOt

Baq

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JetDro said:

As a matter of fact, I do!

Always interested in trading!

Baq

@Justcozz and @JetDro One problem with my set up and the Octopots is the height of the Octos in relationship to my light, I'm limited on head space due to the intensity of my light, I only have 17" max bud height above the screen to play in, outside of that they fry! So I have no space between the Octos and the screen, I had to let them come on through and  tie the branches to the screen so they grow horizontally. My light is more intense than a 1,200 HPS when turned up, I'm running at 1/2 intensity for veg. anymore and the leaves droop.

\Baq

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JetDro said:

Trading rocks you mean?

LMAO!!!!

I'll trade whatever! Seeds, Cuttings, old lady if I had one!;)

• Like 1

Just now, gardenartus said:

If they get huge I would flip. I have to tie down and bend sideways, which is actually a bonus, it produces more large colas when bending them sideways.

Thanks, I Appreciate You! You said a lot in a few words!

Baq

• Like 2

Hey Baq. Definitely what JetDro said, gotta keep tucking and let the side branches fill in holes. It's pretty cool to see 3-4 feet of stem snaking around under the net. That BOH is gonna be a beast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1