•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

baqualin

Baqualin's Colorado Grows

On 5/14/2019 at 1:43 PM, baqualin said:

A little update, been busy with my photography, but it looks like the show is getting ready to start.

untitled-2.thumb.jpg.a403954a5d54aa7af2c59184f6b92237.jpg

Hey Baq, what light are you running in this pic? Looks like a Samsung panel? Specs?

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/products/horticulture-lighting-group-hlg-600h-quantum-board-v2-diy-kit-620-watt-with-samsung-lm301b-diodes

36 minutes ago, Shoeless said:

Hey Baq, what light are you running in this pic? Looks like a Samsung panel? Specs?

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/products/horticulture-lighting-group-hlg-600h-quantum-board-v2-diy-kit-620-watt-with-samsung-lm301b-diodes

I picked mine up over Christmas for $556.00 on sale, best purchase I ever made, I'll be dead before it burns out.

• Like 2

OMG I Never knew of all these cool light set ups, you and Argo have brought something I never heard about. So these bulbs, or what is it lol? last forever?

It looks to me this light set up and Argos, is a more pure white then others, and very bright, but without hurting your eyes.

these lights are very tempting! The initial $. Is quite considerable...

been having my eye on the es 300 for a while but oufffff $$

one of these days maybe!

• Like 1

They seem a bit amazing don't they :) Yep me too, need more money, and they just keep improving these things. Maybe like the big screen TVs they will come down enough in price we can afford them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gardenartus said:

OMG I Never knew of all these cool light set ups, you and Argo have brought something I never heard about. So these bulbs, or what is it lol? last forever?

It looks to me this light set up and Argos, is a more pure white then others, and very bright, but without hurting your eyes.

100,000 hours, that's 20 years at 12/12 and yes, it's full spectrum white light, they're finding out the plants like it better, so do I, you can see what the hell is going on with your plants, I hated that pink light shit. We all will see (know) with this grow in real time. LOS plus Octopots plus full spectrum LED, I hope this will be my retirement method of growing!B)

Baq

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, baqualin said:

LOS plus Octopots plus full spectrum LED, I hope this will be my retirement method of growing!

I think you are correct! Your gonna kill it this run!

• Like 1

Oh hell yea, that will last me my lifetime lol I have to look into this. I just bought new bulbs and hoods for both rooms in the last couple years lol. Wish I would have went with something like this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

Oh hell yea, that will last me my lifetime lol I have to look into this. I just bought new bulbs and hoods for both rooms in the last couple years lol. Wish I would have went with something like this.

Let’s see what happens with this run, this is a new setup for me too, I’m the Guinea Pig!

• Like 2

Thanks Baq. I've been looking at the quantum boards lately.  I am loving my cobs right now, but I see the board in my future.

8 minutes ago, Shoeless said:

Thanks Baq. I've been looking at the quantum boards lately.  I am loving my cobs right now, but I see the board in my future.

You might take a look at the Solar Extreme too, I'm using the 250 for my Veg tent and love it, no driver, AC directly to the chip, plug and play, new tech.https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/collections/california-lightworks-led-grow-lights

• Like 4

Hey Guys look what I found!!

IMG_1405.JPGuntitled-1-8.jpg.6e98788e5c32d00814d97770cf13c851.jpg

IMG_1407.JPG

Exact same material the Octopots use and it's the same mil

• Like 4

I use it it when using airpots , I line the inner base and inner sides of the airpot , leaving about an inch sticking up out of the top of the pot . It acts like a bung wall preventing messy over runs/surface erosion if top watering . It also helps control gnats as they love all them holes in airpots but not if lined with weed control fabric . Good for protecting the bottom holes in regular pots from gnats also : ) 

• Like 1

It reminds me of the material I used when reupholstering furniture. Keep thinking I should go to the fabric store and make some. :)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ifish said:

I use it it when using airpots , I line the inner base and inner sides of the airpot , leaving about an inch sticking up out of the top of the pot . It acts like a bung wall preventing messy over runs/surface erosion if top watering . It also helps control gnats as they love airpots but not if lined with weed control fabric . Good for protecting the bottom holes in regular pots from gnats also : ) 

That is good info, so gnats don't like weed control fabric! Nice!

• Like 1

They can’t get pass it , but holes still do there job : )

the cheap dot type weed control fabric like baqualins above , not the heavy duty weave type , it’s probably the exact same as your uplostry fabric too : )

Great find bro.  :tu   Looks to be very close to the same size also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ifish said:

I use it it when using airpots , I line the inner base and inner sides of the airpot , leaving about an inch sticking up out of the top of the pot . It acts like a bung wall preventing messy over runs/surface erosion if top watering . It also helps control gnats as they love all them holes in airpots but not if lined with weed control fabric . Good for protecting the bottom holes in regular pots from gnats also : ) 

That’s exactly what I bought them for, I’m making an Octo Airpot and wanted these for that very reason..... fungus gnats! Been using Airpots for years.

Baq

• Thanks 1

Think someone here is fighting gnats right now. Seems like bugs in the garden are using steroids lol hard to get rid of

1 hour ago, ifish said:

Thanks great info! My garden is clean, it's called prevention, like I said, been using Airpots for years, growing weed for 48 years and well schooled on fungus gnats, one of the many reasons I make my own soil.

Best Baq

1 hour ago, gardenartus said:

Think someone here is fighting gnats right now. Seems like bugs in the garden are using steroids lol hard to get rid of

Nope.

25 minutes ago, ifish said:

I think @Griot is the person @gardenartus is talking about that is fighting gnats .Hes the one I think that is going down the nematode route : )

Cool ass link, the compost and EWC's I get from Build A Soil are full of nematode's,  predators and insect frauss, they store all their stuff indoors too, never seen gnats or thrips in their shit. Best thing I've used to get rid of a Gnat infestation is Mosquito Bits

Baq

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1