Jump to content
  •     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

baqualin

Baqualin's Colorado Grows

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, baqualin said:

Best thing I've used to get rid of a Gnat infestation is Mosquito Bits 

I mix mosquito bits into the top layer of soil to help keep things under control.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL yea I didn't mean you, it was Griot, ifish is correct :)

I used to get gnats in the Promix, got white fly one time, then thrips. I kept telling the store owners they were either buying too much and storing it wrong, or their warehouse was full of bugs. Would not listen. I went to another store and started buying from them, they order in small quantity and often, no more bugs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Time Score! I just got Snowed on!

untitled-1-9-2.thumb.jpg.26fa1bdb0dedc55ce412ac6a5c170f02.jpg

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woo hooo! You lucky dog! Crap, you have enough top shelf genetics now, along with your Swami Organics, to change your phone number, screen name, and disappear for the rest of your life and do nothing but look through all of that history and smoke it all up.

Glad to see you get stocked up fat, bro. I don't remember the details now, but I remember you lost some pretty heavy genetics from your bust. Man, I see some really interesting ones for real. I bet they're all off of the hook, but the Durban must be fire.. I liked the Durban I smoked.. that must be an electric Blue Dream... sounds cool, the red Maui probably puts me in a panic attack (and I would smoke again and again), lol... Those are something else there man. 

Hope you can sleep tonight!  :tu

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Woo hooo! You lucky dog! Crap, you have enough top shelf genetics now, along with your Swami Organics, to change your phone number, screen name, and disappear for the rest of your life and do nothing but look through all of that history and smoke it all up.

Glad to see you get stocked up fat, bro. I don't remember the details now, but I remember you lost some pretty heavy genetics from your bust. Man, I see some really interesting ones for real. I bet they're all off of the hook, but the Durban must be fire.. I liked the Durban I smoked.. that must be an electric Blue Dream... sounds cool, the red Maui probably puts me in a panic attack (and I would smoke again and again), lol... Those are something else there man. 

Hope you can sleep tonight!  :tu

 

Direct not through a bank, on a 420 special, took almost a month to get a reply email back, his heath is not the best, he replied saying since he saw the email late / after the sale, he would still honor it and throw in a few extras, the  only thing I ordered was Red Maui and Blueberry Blast, the rest were the extras and all are 10 packs, so yes I feel fortunate and thrilled by his kindness. Snow's one of the true old school breeders that cares about the state and preservation of heirlooms, land races and land race hybrids, he's pretty close with Bodhi too.. His beans are probably the most important to me in my vault. Gas's are right in there!

 You know your welcome to cuts of anything you see me running, we're not that far away from each other, 2 1/2 hrs if that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, that's a nice story. I hate to hear he is in bad health. Damn. I sure wish I'd gotten back into this growing thing sooner and been able to have known him and grown his stuff. Things are picking up here, genetic wise, but not in your league. I go down for some work, either this week or the first week of July. After that I can at least head up for a visit. peace

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Man, that's a nice story. I hate to hear he is in bad health. Damn. I sure wish I'd gotten back into this growing thing sooner and been able to have known him and grown his stuff. Things are picking up here, genetic wise, but not in your league. I go down for some work, either this week or the first week of July. After that I can at least head up for a visit. peace

 

 

I'll be able to head down your way too around then! Made it to the Dunes this past Wednesday, freaking cool ass place.

174619933_GreatSandDunesTripGriff06_19_2019-279-Pano-Edit.thumb.jpg.c39e6ee92038a832da7e3a3a0f1a1f1c.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, damn, how Have I not ever been there...didn’t even know there were dunes...where are they?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES! heh... you dog.

I hope I can get there before it dries up. It may be two weeks or more for me.. with the weird year we're having there might be a little more runoff, but you can see the west side of the peaks melt way faster than the east side. It was insane the day we went. Maybe a few thousand people were out. It sure looked fun, but my brother and his wife didn't want to stay.. :huh:

You probably didn't do through Walsenburg, huh? If you did, that pass going towards the dunes, Hwy 160, is where the huge fire burned last year. It started on the west side of the Sangre de Christos but jumped the pass and burned east.

Great picture!! You captured it pretty good. Millions of photo ideas there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Justcozz said:

Hey, damn, how Have I not ever been there...didn’t even know there were dunes...where are they?

Tallest in the world, about an hour west of Pueblo, really nice waterfalls across the road from it.

https://www.alamosa.org/things-to-do-in-alamosa/alamosa-scenic-wonders/387-the-great-sand-dunes-national-park-preserve

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

Hey, damn, how Have I not ever been there...didn’t even know there were dunes...where are they?

Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado. The highest dune is 700+ feet above the valley. Pretty neat geological story of how they formed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

YES! heh... you dog.

I hope I can get there before it dries up. It may be two weeks or more for me.. with the weird year we're having there might be a little more runoff, but you can see the west side of the peaks melt way faster than the east side. It was insane the day we went. Maybe a few thousand people were out. It sure looked fun, but my brother and his wife didn't want to stay.. :huh:

You probably didn't do through Walsenburg, huh? If you did, that pass going towards the dunes, Hwy 160, is where the huge fire burned last year. It started on the west side of the Sangre de Christos but jumped the pass and burned east.

Great picture!! You captured it pretty good. Millions of photo ideas there!

Yes we did and the fire damage was bad, but recovering well. Yes I had a blast photography wise, here's another shot.

424694665_GreatSandDunesTripGriff06_19_2019-429.thumb.jpg.e9b7cdba2bebec5f7b90654967e53b31.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado. The highest dune is 700+ feet above the valley. Pretty neat geological story of how they formed.

Yes it was really exciting for me, text book Alluvial Fan Deposits and I saw immediately what was going on, it's a huge sand deposit created by the the wind and rain coming down the valley and dropping it in the created eddy where the park is, just like an eddy in a stream, but from flowing wind instead flowing water. I fucking love it here!

Baq

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:verrygood Awesome. Yeah, it's a real cool experience to be in the mountains and have a beach dropped down at the edge of the mountains, lol.. Sand boarding.. they rent the stuff there to do it or in Alamosa. If you get a chance again, drive over to Crestone in the summer. It's not much but sort of a cool little village in an isolated location.. 

2 minutes ago, baqualin said:

Yes it was really exciting for me, text book Alluvial Fan Deposits and I saw immediately what was going on, it's a huge sand deposit created by the the wind and rain coming down the valley and dropping it in the created eddy where the park is, just like an eddy in a stream, but from flowing wind instead flowing water. I fucking love it here!

Actually the sand came from blowing winds from the west/southwest. There's a cool exhibit somewhere there explaining the story. That whole valley, the San Luis, is a caldera. It was caused by the largest natural explosion in earth's history. After the creation of the valley, the prevailing winds started taking the sand and depositing it at the base of the mountains. Voilá

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some info on the how the Sand dunes were formed. Some sand does come into the park from the mountains, still. But most came from the dried lake bed to the west/sw. 

Awesome Mother Nature at her best! 

Thanks for the pics Baq. Man, I wish I could go this week. The water won't be there soon. Once a year. 

Here's a place closer to you that I've been wanting to visit. Florissant Fossil Beds Natl. Monument 

We have a spot in our state park here that's really cool to me..  An exposed section of the K-T boundary. It delineates the two geologic eras at the time the dinosaurs went extinct.

Geology

Colored SandstoneBelieved to be one of the best examples in the world; the park is home to the K-T Boundary marking the boundary between the Mesozoic and Cenozoic geologic eras.

The Purgatoire River cuts through Upper Cretaceous Trinidad Sandstone, which caps the valley rim, and Pierre Shale, which is exposed throughout the park. This combination of buff-colored sandstone and dark gray siltstone and shale provides a subtle backdrop for the lake and river valley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Here's some info on the how the Sand dunes were formed. Some sand does come into the park from the mountains, still. But most came from the dried lake bed to the west/sw. 

Awesome Mother Nature at her best! 

Thanks for the pics Baq. Man, I wish I could go this week. The water won't be there soon. Once a year. 

Here's a place closer to you that I've been wanting to visit. Florissant Fossil Beds Natl. Monument 

We have a spot in our state park here that's really cool to me..  An exposed section of the K-T boundary. It delineates the two geologic eras at the time the dinosaurs went extinct.

Geology

Colored SandstoneBelieved to be one of the best examples in the world; the park is home to the K-T Boundary marking the boundary between the Mesozoic and Cenozoic geologic eras.

The Purgatoire River cuts through Upper Cretaceous Trinidad Sandstone, which caps the valley rim, and Pierre Shale, which is exposed throughout the park. This combination of buff-colored sandstone and dark gray siltstone and shale provides a subtle backdrop for the lake and river valley.

Yep, that’s next on the list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, can’t believe I didn’t know it was there....

My favorite place to ride bikes is the dunes.....I have a small area here, about a hundred acres. But this is where I love to ride.

Sand Mountain is a singing sand dune 20 miles (32 km) east of Fallon, Nevada along U.S. Route 50. The dune is two miles long and 600 feet (180 m) high.[2] The sand originates from the ancient Lake Lahontan, that for the most part dried up 9,000 years ago.

About 3 hours from my house....I used to go 3 times a year...one of the best Memorial Day, Halloween and Labor Day  Parties you could possibly go to.

Video is not mine, stole from the interweb. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, now I am really wanting to go....maybe I will make the annual Halloween trip me and a bunch of buddies started in 2000. I haven’t been there is about 8 years....got to get back to riding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Justcozz said:

Damn, now I am really wanting to go....maybe I will make the annual Halloween trip me and a bunch of buddies started in 2000. I haven’t been there is about 8 years....got to get back to riding.

In Pueblo there's a huge ATV / Motorcycle park and I mean huge, like mini dunes, drives me crazy every time I drive by it, I want a piece of that action!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much to see, but they were praying so hard this morning I had to show a pic. White roots in res and still no nutes. Blue Orca Haze didn't like being tucked at all, it tried to grow right thru everything, so I had to let it come on through then tie it down. Sugar Punch in the back right corner is exploding. learning a lot from this first run, I already can't wait till the next one!

Baq

untitled-2-2-Edit.thumb.jpg.b8273666ce3a522c6b93e847045af000.jpg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those look most excellent! Gonna fill that screen I see. Octo's treating you right too it appears :verrygood

My 4 Octo's are in the corners, see you took the middle ground. Curious as to which will work better. My screen is very very full, but the very far corners, just above the plants are thin. I walked everything away from the corners, and forgot about them, lol.

 

Blue Orca Haze, Sp, and the other 2??? Another SP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetDro said:

Those look most excellent! Gonna fill that screen I see. Octo's treating you right too it appears :verrygood

My 4 Octo's are in the corners, see you took the middle ground. Curious as to which will work better. My screen is very very full, but the very far corners, just above the plants are thin. I walked everything away from the corners, and forgot about them, lol.

 

Blue Orca Haze, Sp, and the other 2??? Another SP?

2 Sugar Punch in the back, front left BOH, right Skywalker OG which always starts a little slow then explodes, it's showing signs of doing that in the last 2 days.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...