•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Shoeless

Help growing Tom Hill Haze in a 3x3

I have 5 seeds each of Tom Hill Haze and Blueberry Sativa that are soaking in shot glasses, going into rooters this afternoon. I would appreciate any tips on growing long flowering haze in the small space (3x3 gorilla shorty) I have.

General info:

400w of 3500k COB lighting

They will end up in recycled soil in 2 gallon bags

Blumats and a 19 gallon rez takes care of watering. I hand water extras like silica, fulpower...

To tame the height I read I need to flower a clone instead of the seed plant, so how far into flower should I take cuts and still expect a cut to root and make good buds and more seeds?

I also plan on keeping a haze male to hit Black Afghani and make my own Afghan Haze. There is definitely nothing like it around here, I've never had anything like it, so hell yeah.

So anyway, all help is appreciated as I try my hand at Haze.

• Like 3

Never grew those. But keeping the height under control is easy. Top and train. You can scrog also. But if you want to be able to move them in and out of the tent, I'd suggest doing something similar to fluxing. Very simple, lots of manipulation and bondage, just like the ladies like...lol

With the fluxing technique, you will be topping every branch, multiplying the number of colas the plant will have. Each time supplying yourself with cuttings. 

Cloning for sexing, yes it's a good idea, especially for a very long flower strain. I would top the plant and use that for your cutting. Push it into a small grow to flower as soon as it roots. If you have any nice males, these can be used for pollen. What I like about using the top of the plant for a clone, is it will continue to grow in its natural state, showing its true structure. 

Good luck Shoe, hope this helps a little, happy grows 

• Like 1

@shoeless..i have taken clones 4 weeks or so into flower if I don't need a fast root..lol

the only thing I don't like is a lot of shoots will come straight out and around the bud.

I just trim them off and they WILL make a great plant.

HAPPY GROWING..

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bigun said:

@shoeless..i have taken clones 4 weeks or so into flower if I don't need a fast root..lol

the only thing I don't like is a lot of shoots will come straight out and around the bud.

I just trim them off and they WILL make a great plant.

HAPPY GROWING..

I took cutting this fall outdoors in late September, basically full bud, they rooted quick, but it took almost 2 month's before they started re vegging, now they're kicking it, so it's never too late.

Baq

• Like 3

Right on Shoe, I'll grab a bag of the popcorn for this one. I want to learn myself. Are you doing anything with your BBS? Gonna be good. Best vibes! 

peace

mrG

On 2/20/2019 at 5:18 PM, gardenartus said:

Yea I think a Haze Male would do a lot for me ha ha ha ;)

you naughty....

• Haha 3

yeah they were grow ut from 12/12 if i recall. i asked corsaire when he made them so should get a reply soon. i asked fr dial info if he had it too. 

I'm thinking 12/112 lets u pollinate some lower branches as well as make cuts to run. double those cuts for prevent defense. save pollen too for testing other females.

make sure to marry some with very different cultivars for maximum hybrid vigor etc. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, no survivors among the THH. I am trying to germ Stonehedge now, they don't want to cooperate either, 5 days in. Very aggravating, to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

LOOK FOR THE STEVE TUCK METHOD TO GERM OLD SEED. i posted it here but google might be faster. so, on the thh how many germed ? did goodfellow start his ?

• Like 1

I found someone that posted his method on THCFarmer. I guess it's the one. The jar with bubbler and DMSO and Superthrive.. I need to make one of those. I'd love to try it cause I have some old beans too.

Thanks!