•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Toker

Any Gardeners?

No not Canna lol

Veggies.

This year I do things differently.

Last year was bad weather wise but also seed wise.

I had crazy stuff, nothing was as it was supposed to be lol

I did however manage to create a cross myself

Named it after the ex , she loved it and has no idea I saved it.

I also created my own mix of seeds , chucking mater pollen lol.

This year I'm doing maybe 10 tomatoes, 10 peppers, a few eggplant, a squash or 2

A stand of sweet corn and banana peppers and a crap load of watermelon for mom

And one pumpkin , my son is always interested in them.

They gave kids a pumpkin at school 4? Years ago and he saved the seeds and we always plant them.

Anyway here we grow...

Whatcha planting this year?

KIMG4840.JPG

• Like 2

Yeah, I guess it is time to start planning the veggie garden. I still have a couple of months before anything can go outdoors, but getting an early start is always good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Plants are not cheap anymore

To get a decent size plant can cost 5 bucks or more.

I get tomatoes in June weather permitting. 

A few places still have the small 6 pack for 1.79

But you don't see that much now.

• Like 2

For me it's all about salsa. Tomatoes, peppers, onions, etc.. 

• Like 2

I need to do some herbs, I can't eat raw veggies anymore so I think why no interest in the garden, but I really like having one outdoors. I miss my salads! ha! That sounds so nummy, used to live on home made salsa. Put it on everything, even eggs lol

• Like 2

from acres in the champange region in france to square meter indoor gardening, but im still rocking it :lol:

'tea and cooking plants' in the window, mint sage basil lemongras rosemary all that jazz

sweet peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers in the veggie room together with 'vine plants' and beans, hot peppers and strawberries go into the flower room

and then i randomly try out new things, mostly asian fruits but had a pineapple that never fruited, a citrus "tree" thats actually wants to become a tree, blueberry low bush on the dining table :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a stand of parsely, and I do basil every year.

Blessed with a huge fig tree.

Always wanted to do a citrus 

And I really wanna learn parmagranite, they get tree size here.

• Like 1

Just ordered these from Baker Creek.

Thinking of getting parmagranite seeds to.

Baker Creek has good stuff

Artichoke-Purple-of-Romagna-.jpg

• Like 1

My great uncle had pomegranate trees when I was about 6 years old. I loved climbing the trees and eating pomegranates. One day after eating way too many, I had a horrible stomach ache. My uncle asked how many I ate, I didn't know, I just said a bunch. Then he said "I know why you don't feel good, you ate the seeds huh" he then explained the pain in my stomach was the seeds sprouting....

I didn't eat another pomegranate for about 5 years...

• Haha 4

Oh i think i got some pomgradesseeds somewhere, i gotta find them and grow them out and realize i dont have a garden to put any trees in :head_hurts_kr:

Pomegranate grew across the street from me in West Texas. I had never seen them before. pretty cool. Crap, I should start planning some garden stuff. It'll be first of May before we can plant here. I have to do a lot of work on beds and making soil. I may not try to grow so much, we'll see. I'd like to get my act together and start a bunch of starter plants and sell them at the farmers market first week of June. You can get around $3.00 a plant for them and people snatch them up. Most people have heirloom plants, too. so it's a pretty good deal. You get your own heirloom seeds for the next year.

• Like 3

I just can never bring myself to kill some off, and the Pepper's being to sprout lol...

KIMG4915.JPG

KIMG4916.JPG

• Like 2

Same here man, I want everything to live. heh. could be worse problems to have. We're cleaning the shitty air.

peace

• Haha 2

I'm such a geek, I'm excited as a kid cause my seeds came.

Yeah veggies but I still get off on them a ton all these years later 

Artichokes and a free purple Russian heirloom from Baker Creek.

Those zany Cali Gardeners are 

Pretty awsome

KIMG4974.JPG

KIMG4975.JPG

On 2/28/2019 at 9:59 PM, Mr Goodfellow said:

Same here man, I want everything to live. heh. could be worse problems to have. We're cleaning the shitty air.

peace

Shitty air ????

Well, in general. No air problem here. I was amazed that in Denver recently the smog was pretty bad. They don't have that in the Springs or down here.

23 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Well, in general. No air problem here. I was amazed that in Denver recently the smog was pretty bad. They don't have that in the Springs or down here.

I was gonna say, we cleaned up the air here in the US back in the 70's, it's even better now and I don't foresee that changing with the switching to natural gas. Smog is gonna happen under certain weather conditions in locations like Denver, LA, Chicago and others. We still have lots of problems, but it's mostly localized and can be dealt with. Worse place I've seen is Cleveland, OH,  that fucking place sucks, you can smell it 30 minutes before you get to the bypass, they need to figure that shit out!

Baq

Birmingham used to be known as "smoke city" by the truckers on CB's. I still remember the big read haze that always hung over the city. It has pretty clean air these days.

Smoky Mountain National Park is so smoggy normally in Summer that you can't see most vistas from the pull offs made for them. It's from all of the coal fired power plants in the Ohio/Tennessee Vally. West Texas gets their smog from Juarez, Mexico. We could definitely still use some help. 

Go plant more plants. NOW! lol.

peace

1 hour ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Birmingham used to be known as "smoke city" by the truckers on CB's. I still remember the big read haze that always hung over the city. It has pretty clean air these days.

Smoky Mountain National Park is so smoggy normally in Summer that you can't see most vistas from the pull offs made for them. It's from all of the coal fired power plants in the Ohio/Tennessee Vally. West Texas gets their smog from Juarez, Mexico. We could definitely still use some help. 

Go plant more plants. NOW! lol.

peace

Nope, Smoky Mountains have always been that way.

"Anyone who has visited the Great Smoky Mountains can confirm that the Smokies certainly live up to their name! The mountains of East Tennessee and Western North Carolina are blanketed with a smoky haze that gives the region an almost magical quality. Indeed, the Cherokee considered the mountains to be a sacred place and referred to the area as “Shaconage” (Sha-Kon-O-Hey): land of the blue smoke. When European settlers arrived in the early 1800s, they took inspiration from the Cherokee language when they named the Great Smoky Mountains and the nearby Blue Ridge Mountains. " It's from the high moisture / humidity and Organic compounds release from plants, remember the Appalachians are forest covered Mountains, only the highest peaks are above the tree line.

Baq

Yeah I know all of that, I grew up going there every year since a baby and lived there a few times. 

Now, it’s smog. The high humidity and geography trap the smog from the Ohio valley coal fired power plants. It’s killed all of the Spruce trees on the highest ridges from the acid.

Along the Parkway, and inside the National Park, they have exibhits at some of the most popular pull off vistas showing the difference in photos from the ‘60’s and now. Also the pics of the ridge lines now and then. It’s really amazing and really shocking. 

It would be easy to Google the phenomenon. Sad as hell, it used to be my favorite place of all.

I hiked out to a spot we used to drive up to and hike out to smoke pot and watch the sunset once we all got off work when I was 18. I have really old pics of us all sitting on a log a toking up. Now all of those old spruce trees are gone. It’s a completely different look. Very freaky. And, that’s been like that for a long time. At least 90-95 when I last lived there it was that way already. 

Now, go plant weed plants everybody! heh

peace

• Like 1

Acid rain was no longer a significant issue by 90.

It is insects and disease that killed those trees.

I remember acid rain well.  I saw it greatly reduce amphibians on the Susquehanna river.

• Like 1