•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

JetDro

Thinking this will work.....................what's everyone think?

Not going to buy the Octo rooter kit..................had all this here, took 10 minutes to do. Thinking it should work fine.  May have to adjust it a bit, this is 1st attempt at it.

My little ones are doing well, some showing sex already, will not be long before I can figure out what ladies I have, and who to run , and take cuts.

Im 2 weeks out at most from trying to root directly into the Octopot..........................I think it will go well. I will run T5's over them up high while rooting, and lower them when the dome comes off.  Run the T5's 2 weeks or so, let the plants bush out, do some training, then bring in the Gavita DE . 

Some of you will be or should be right around my time table with your Octo run's.........................post up when you fire them up...............I will in here to let anyone interested in knowing if I can root directly into the big ass pot............................

DSC00002.JPG

• Like 7

Hay bro looks almost like what  I got from the octopots kit 

awesome ! 

Should work just fine 

paps

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Papalag said:

Hay bro looks almost like what  I got from the octopots kit 

awesome ! 

Should work just fine 

paps

See the "bottomless" 5 gallon bucket..................................to hold sleeve tight while filling ....................

I think it should work too............................gonna be a long wait from cut n hormone'd stick to drinking from the res....................betting it takes 2 weeks.

• Like 3

The bottomless bucket I cut one up the other day thanks for the tip 

• Like 2

That should be perfect Jet. Exactly what they sell you; a bag, lol. They say you can put the clones in the pot and water from the top once, then bag it and supposedly that's all it takes. I wondered about that, but the root is going to sense the water below and they will grow to the water much faster than you think. I'd say less than two weeks to reach the moist soil below. It's much closer than the reservoir itself. 

I saw that bucket idea somewhere else and it works good to fill the bag easier. Pretty slick set up. 

peace

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hamme Hydro said:

What's up with the plastic bags? Seedlings don't need that! 

No sir they do not.................................but "cuts" do.......................why I said ready to ROOT not veg.....

LOL.................:)

Attempting to root cut's in a 6 gallon bottom feed bag...............straight off Mom and into these.........

Wish me luck...................Papa is already doing the same, he is ahead of me by a week or so..........

Peace,

Jet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hamme Hydro said:

Cuts do indeed. 

I doubt it will work, but i do wish you luck, since you'll need it! :P

I see no reason it will not work. If I keep the environment moist n proper temps, plants will not know the difference between this thing and a little "rooting box" .  Long as I keep them happy until they throw roots, they ought to just love exploring the huge pile o dirt below them. That is my theory and I am sticking to it.............LMAO!!!

Papa........................noticed you SAW...............but did not comment...................figure that means your lil ones be still drooping.................:(

:)

• Like 2

@Hamme Hydro yea of little faith lol

hay jet mine are at day6 since i taped up the holes I haven’t sprayed at all 

they look a little droopy yet but they’re still green and seem to be thriving all I did was dip them into a rooting hormone stick them in a wet rapid rooter and bury it in the octopots  keep the faith 

• Like 4

It is an interesting test nevertheless, but i have my doubts. I will follow this with great interest! 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Papalag said:

@Hamme Hydro yea of little faith lol

hay jet mine are at day6 since i taped up the holes I haven’t sprayed at all 

they look a little droopy yet but they’re still green and seem to be thriving all I did was dip them into a rooting hormone stick them in a wet rapid rooter and bury it in the octopots  keep the faith 

EXACTLY as I shall do too........................it will work just fine, now that you actually have a "humidity dome" they will be fine. I have found that as long as the stem on the cut does not get "soft" and wilt, they will make it.  I am assuming you did water once from the top when placed in.................I will...............but only that once........mist if I need to, but no watering.

• Like 2

They must have success. Octopots sells the little rig for GOLD. ha. I say it should work fine. It's gonna take a minute for the tap root to make it but once the clone has small roots, it'll go on the hunt. At first I thought no way. Now the more I think about it, I see no reason why not. 

How long do they recommend leaving the bag on? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

They must have success. Octopots sells the little rig for GOLD. ha. I say it should work fine. It's gonna take a minute for the tap root to make it but once the clone has small roots, it'll go on the hunt. At first I thought no way. Now the more I think about it, I see no reason why not. 

How long do they recommend leaving the bag on? 

I do not know..................did not see that or remember seeing it............I will KNOW when to pull it, I have done enough cut's to be able to tell whats going on.

I know it is going to work. Mine will at least, with tight "domes" on them from day one.  The bag will wick water up a good 12 inches into the soil above the net pot, so maybe 1/2 way up the bag.  With the bag covered by the plastic, it will stay moist in there. It might not take as long as I think, but in regular rooting here, it takes me 7-14 days, depending upon the strain to just throw roots when in a rooting cloner...................so it will at least take that long, then however long for the tap to hit the res................maybe 4-5 days I would guess.............so gonna be 10-20 days before I know whats actually WHAT..............................lol........................................

• Like 1

Yeah, I wonder. I have to go back and see if I can find that info. Seemed like I read on their site about their recommendations for cloning. They made it sound like a snap! 

If it gets roots at the same time as your previous cloning, maybe this time it will go very fast since it will go through no transplant shock from putting the clone into a pot. Maybe only a day or two more than regular and then start seeing growth.

• Like 2

Looks good to me. I do this on a small version for rooting in solo cups. :) Never rooted in the Ocotopot, I don't veg in them at all. This is all fascinating to me. 

• Like 4

Octopot's set up for rooting...............................T5's set up HIGH over head...................Mom's coming into their own, ready to give up cut's............just need to decide who to run.........:)

DSC00001.JPG

Ready for some "drug crazed abandon"....................OMG.........................LMAO!!!!!  Cannot wait to see.................."What actually happens"...................but I think i KNOW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Sannies Jack is finally done drying......................8 hang days, 3 days in a paper bag.......................getting ready to try it, see what I got............:)

DSC00001.JPG

Sannies Jack .......doing what she does......................making 1/2 oz dried buds................gotta love her! The 22 inch tall plant produced 58 grams of nice bud...........WELL...Bud anyways, not tried it yet but looks good smells good......prolly is good..............lol

DSC00003.thumb.JPG.dc5b9de8f36807ae6af1391dd20fe8ab.JPG

• Like 6

Jet my brother the Sannies jack is by far the best of the best 

there is some strong smoke in there 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JetDro said:

The Sannies Jack is finally done drying......................8 hang days, 3 days in a paper bag.......................getting ready to try it, see what I got............:)

DSC00001.JPG

Sannies Jack .......doing what she does......................making 1/2 oz dried buds................gotta love her! The 22 inch tall plant produced 58 grams of nice bud...........WELL...Bud anyways, not tried it yet but looks good smells good......prolly is good..............lol

DSC00003.thumb.JPG.dc5b9de8f36807ae6af1391dd20fe8ab.JPG

Is that the one the you hung whole? I had a little Alien Fire, someone brought me two clones in flower to revert, so I threw one small one in, she pulled almost a couple Os as well, Gonna get that in with some veg time on her, bet she pulls 9.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

Is that the one the you hung whole? I had a little Alien Fire, someone brought me two clones in flower to revert, so I threw one small one in, she pulled almost a couple Os as well, Gonna get that in with some veg time on her, bet she pulls 9.

I hang them all whole...................this was the sole SJ that took forever, and was a tiny 21 inches tall.................lol...............2 oz surprised the Hell out of me on it. I have the plant cut to nothing in the veg area hoping to run her again..................:)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Papalag said:

Jet my brother the Sannies jack is by far the best of the best 

there is some strong smoke in there 

YUP....................rolled a fat one...................went to the park with the dog's. 1/2 way through the joint I got a big head rush and had to lean against a tree.............thinking she is pretty good....

• Like 4

It looks dangerous.. heh. I have a cross with her. Looks nice though. Enjoy... always know where your nearest tree is. :P

• Like 4