•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

JetDro

Thinking this will work.....................what's everyone think?

Note to self: Cuts placed 3/18 3 pm. 2 Goji, 2 Boudica F2(Barrie's) , 2 Chucky's Bride F2's, 2 StarDawg X Cloudwatcher(friends creation)

• Like 4

The COOL thing about our hobby is just how damn FAST it all happens when you get set back up. Seems like a minute ago I had nothing, now I have 15 different Mom's, and 8 cut's about ready to throw some roots.  Decided who I am running this next round, took the cuts 4 days ago, today I "shaved" all the Mom's back big time, let them bush out till they are needed again. Hopefully soon they can go outside in my Greenhouse to stay for the summer. ANYONE KNOW when I could put them outside without inducing flowering. I am just outside of Houston. I DO NOT know when they could go outside without turning....................

My next run is going to run along side with Papalags run, he is in Octopot's too, and just maybe a week or a bit more ahead of me. We BOTH have decided to ROOT the cut's in the Octopot's, but we have taken 2 different routes. Papa took cuts, and then instantly placed into the Octopot's, with a "dome" over them. I took cuts, placed in Rapid Rooters, and under a "dome" for the 1st 3 days. The night of day 3, I removed the dome, and they now sit in the tray in RR's in open air, trying to throw some roots. The second I see ANYTHING poking out of the RR, or even a bump on the outside of the RR, they are going into the Octopot's. I WANT the 1st roots out to hit the soil, and sense the water down deep. I will place in the Octo's W/O a dome, and if wilting happens(should not) I have domes made for all the pots I am going to use.

I have put T5's over the Octopots. When cuts get placed, I will lower the 5's to 4 inches or so off their heads, supply them with ample light to throw good roots. They are in low light levels now, but I will raise them towards the lights for the next few days, give them a taste of the good stuff slowly, so when they hit the Octo's in the next week or so, they can tolerate good lumens. I will run the T5's over them nice and tight once they establish, and continue to run them through however long I veg. I get MUCH better results vegging under the H.O. T5's than any of my HID lights, and it is easier to keep the plants shorter under them than under the big lights.

This next run will be a different type for me. I am not going to turn them at 6 inches again, this run is only 4 plants, under 1 single Gavita 750 DE unit.  I have a 4 foot by 4 foot footprint with 4 Octo's, bases just touching each other.  My plan is to cut n bend n shape the 4 plants as much as possible, so that each one will fill up its 2 foot round circle. The Gavita DE throws WELL over it's rating, and also has ZERO issues with depth of penetration. It WILL(been there, done this) penetrate a good 5.5 feet or more, down into the canopy,  so I am not concerned with lumen's per square foot. By the numbers, this will put me about 50 watts/sqfoot(actually 46, lol) which is PLENTY.  I do not need more light, always a good thing.

DSC00001.thumb.JPG.c4047a3072a36fcd66161e1181a00362.JPG

This round I am running what I prefer to smoke...................and am going to try to get a good clean haul of nice buds.  Not a small run like last time, or a monster run like the one before it, but in the middle. Aiming for 5 ounce plants, but THIS TIME I will actually work the run, and want to show what these pot's can do when the owner pay's attention.  \

I took 8 cut's, looking like I will only need 1/2 of them, but hey, that's a good thing.  I took them the same way I always do..............plants were topped at 4th node, then these cuts, 2 off each of the 4 plants chosen, are the resulting twin "tops" a week or so later. I do not cut the leaf's, nor do much of anything else other than scaring the cut with an exacto knife, then into cloning GEL and into RR's with a 1/2 solution of TVF that the RR's soaked in.

Trying something new this round, and I LIKE IT!! I have always used a "dome" until fully rooted. This time, they were under the dome for the 1st 3 days, then on the night of the 3rd, the dome was removed. I realize it is EARLY yet, but the cuts look very good, an appear a bit sturdier than when left under the wet dome 24/7.  To me, it appears like they will root quick, and without issue's.....................................BUT...as we ALL know........................that is my opinion, and I have been known to be wrong........................yeah, like more than once...............lol. I am told and read that rooting without a dome produces stronger and faster clones...................well, I wanted to see for myself...............so.......................in 5 -7 days I will !!!!!

Peace,

Jet

DSC00002.thumb.JPG.3573544b9174b85922285a4d40cc766c.JPG

• Like 6

Hi bro looking good  ! 

Cant wait to see how we do !  Very curious how the root development will turn out my one sugar punch is looking stronger then she’s been 

and I also watered the 3 remaining clones from above in hopes to give them a boost 

peace 

• Like 3

WE are going to do REAL GOOD....................trust me on this one............................:)

• Like 2

You guys are rocking it. I’m feeling a little bit left out, I need to be part of the OctoClub...:smoke

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Justcozz said:

You guys are rocking it. I’m feeling a little bit left out, I need to be part of the OctoClub...:smoke

Rocking it..................LMAO.......................thanks, but we do not even have rooted clones yet.................................lol..............but we will...............lol

• Like 5