•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
SmokyHH

Seeds from Male flowers? (hermies)

I have a question. I did not understand it until today. In my last grow the Passion Fruit made male flowers because i had less problems. At the end Glueberry had some Seeds. If I use these now, do they also form male flowers? Or i have a cross between Passion Fruit and Glueberry..?

Beides!!  fem plants (and regs too) sometimes make male flowers,what leads to crosses. and you should expect plants with less or more hermi-traits from these seeds,when growing em out.

• Thanks 1

The hermie trait will likely show up.

I do not recommend breeding with hermies.

• Like 1

OK thanks Guys. I am confused because varieties such as chemdwag have come into existence like this.

Its too risky:)

The risk is there, but its all up to you. Only way i’d grow them is in their own tent, i wouldn’t want to take a chance of them pollinating the rest of the girls. Personally, I don’t mind a seed here or there in my bud, especially if its killer bud. But, I like to share seeds, so i’d be very disappointed with myself if plants from my seeds spread hermie dust all over someone’s grow room. 

• Like 2

I got some FREE seeds from a person and they 3 hermie in the back of the room.ruined an entire crop.i don't test seeds anymore..lol

• Like 1

Personally, I would grow it for flowers.  I would take the risk that the plant might herm.  After all, it might not.  Of course, I am not representing my seeds to the world.  I don't care at the end of the day.  I grow for fun, and every seed represents an adventure.

• Like 1

Hermies are a part of growing.  The question is what triggered the hermie.  If it is due to stress, quality growers can generally grow these plants without issue if not too sensitive.  I see these as weeklings and those are removed from the next f line if working a breeding strain or selection process.  Still does not mean it is fully removed from future F lines but is a good step.

If its part of the genetic make up that will happen than this is truly unfavorable and should be removed.  However, a private person growing private stuff and it is what they like and the effect is right on for them.  Well keeping that bitch is the right answer.

Grow what you like but share responsibility.

On testing seeds.  I generally was very picky on who I would grow from.  I tend to want to know with confidence about the parental lines, about those phenos and if I am lucky what type of pheno the mother was.  Very rarely will you get dad information except his breed line.  In that you can get a bit of an idea of what the dad brings to the table.  I use that information in part but great part in determining if I will grow a seed or not.

That said, I have accepted with glee some xmas gifts and such but I also understand these are amateur professional at best seeds.  Some of the greatest plants come from this direction but you have to accept the risk. 

You put what you put in your grow rooms.  It is only our "fault" or our "win" depending on how it works out.  Be competent more than emotional with decisions and you will more often than not, have and enjoy success and to the point success is never in question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You should have a female seed if the plant it came from was female.

All these people are worried about hermies ruining a crop - I don't understand how that happens unless you don't check your plants everyday or two. It's not like hermies just burst open

in one day and spread pollen they still usually take a couple weeks.

I can grow a whole room of males with females and usually cull the males before any pollen ever shows and even if I want to cross, I can still get the males

before they burst. Even more, I've had 6 ft tall males fully mature and shook them on plants next to them and some 3-4 ft away don't get hit.  People are way too paranoid.

IMO the only risk to growing them out, is that if it hermies, you wasted time growing it just like you would any regular seed that ends up a male.

Last point - how do you think Gorrilla glue and cookies strains and OG Kush and Bubba Kush came about - legendary hermies.

ive seen a pinch of pollen make many many seeds in a room.

Hermies are not a wise choice but if you find a pheno and plant you really like and it hermies and you live with it, great but it is generally an unwise thing to purposely subject yourself too.

Outdoor , terpenado - bodhi seeds 

Got some seeds in her from a unknown hermi many years ago 

Will keep it posted 

Next to her is a mini spider bite - Dynasty

20190803_154208.jpg