•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
HUFFnPUFF

Hooking up my heatmat diy style

Somewhere on a dark cold day i bough my a heating mat, but with global warming and all its been on the shelf for the past 5 yrs.. but apparently its power supply is not :rolleyes: so im about to cut the wires/plug and connect it to another one, since its 12v (at least it says so on the thing, no other info im afraid) i have a few options but how many amps to i need? i got a 1 2 3 amp 12v's lying about, can i just hook a 3a up and not set myself on fire? (3ish amp seems to fit as i think its 30-40watt mat) 

it looks like 

growguru-heating-mat-3615835390041_x700.

Global warming... lol Follow the money my friend ... When I was a kid they said acid rain was a global threat then it was the earth is going into another ice age.. The earth is in constant flux just like life things change, look at a tree plant 2 identical trees what happens? They both grow but look very different when mature.. Cutting down the rain forest is what's changing the weather patterns around the world not C02 emissions...The biggest threat to the environment is plastic no joke, the other big problem is clean drinking water.. These issues are a much bigger problem than so called global warming... It should be called changing weather patterns... 

you can use a bigger one than you think you need, the divice/load will only draw what it needs.

Some of my 12v/240v converters are dc and some are ac/dc . I have one of each that I use for my grow rooms computer fans , one of them heats up a lot more than the other . But one broke and now I can’t remember which one was the hotter one lol , dimming or converting electricity is really confusing : )