•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

First Car you ever owned and got stoned in :)

1970 Sunbeam Alpine GT (it cured me of "exotic" vehicles forever, parts = $$$)

Rapier.jpg.5ea79354d2018c1bfb4f129eeba0d3a9.jpg

Mine was factory silver/gray, repainted to robins egg blue metallic similar to this one:

AlpineGT.jpg.f8cfd4c64d5921f64c39e15b68c3d9ca.jpg

From Hotrod.com:

So what’s a Sunbeam? You may be familiar with the Sunbeam Tiger, which Maxwell Smart drove in the TV show Get Smart, which was British sports car that was a part of the Rootes Group. In the mid/late-1960s, Rootes was taken over by the Chrysler Corporation, which sold the Rootes-built Hillman Avenger as the Plymouth Cricket in the US.

Chrysler also sold the Sunbeam Alpine GT in the US, which was based on the Sunbeam Rapier that was produced in the UK from 1967-76 but the Alpine GT only appeared in the US for a short period of time due to poor sales and Chrysler’s mismanagement of its captive brands. By 1978, Chrysler Europe (which also included France’s Simca and Talbot) was absorbed by PSA Citroen-Peugeot.

Despite the [craigslist] ad calling this Alpine GT a “mini Barracuda” it was designed before Chrysler’s involvement. 

• Like 8

love beetles, guy few blocks away got a candy red one, and hes neglecting it :wacko:

i dont think i ever smoked in a car even 

green van in the back B)

• Like 2

I didn't actually OWN a car until I was about 23 or 24. I was the only user of the family 1965 Buick Wildcat when I was in high school. It seated 7 stoners, including the driver. The seats were like sofas. I believe it got about 7-8 miles/gallon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi gardenartist I had a old 69 vw as well but it was my 2nd car 

1 st one was an 64 Buick skylark 

ran for ever 

• Like 2

This was a beast, huge back seat hehe

Fury

Positive traction, and snow tires on rear, thing was bad ass

For 2 wheeling, could throw a mud tail a long way

Can't believe they let me loose with one of these, I forget the horses but it was a beast.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 10

My first car was a 72 Beetle. I loved that little guy. Very easy to work on. Hell, one person could lift the engine.

The first car I got high in was my buddy's dad's old station wagon. That thing was a rolling party.

• Like 6

1974 Mustang II, was my first. (Web pick)

CB5C8AC2-566A-40EC-874E-D57197D8BECE.jpeg.8eb46ba3e3ff8594cfdbbed84ee011fb.jpeg

1989 Toyota, my first one I bought new. And yep, slammed to the ground.

7C8C4C33-3CD9-4D3C-8C9F-BF256C6FC5E8.thumb.jpeg.3ab6e46f445898fba6717317375fa228.jpeg

• Like 11

19 hours ago, gardenartus said:

First car I owned was a 1969 Beetle :)

1969 volkswagon.jpg

Best thing about the Beetle was it's awesome heating system!  Why, they warmed up nice and toasty after you've driven them for 6 hours, and it's not below 50 degrees outside, lol  

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, dieseldog381 said:

Best thing about the Beetle was it's awesome heating system!  Why, they warmed up nice and toasty after you've driven them for 6 hours, and it's not below 50 degrees outside, lol  

hahaha I had to scrape the INSIDE of the windows in that lil bugger lol

• Like 1

My wiper motor went on me at one point. Driving in freezing rain with head out the window like a dog was exhilarating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whoa, haven't seen a Trabant in fifty years!  There were a few around town, we all thought they were cool, but back then, most cars were made in America, "made in Japan" was not a good thing, except for the Honda Dream 300's girls all loved,  lol.  

• Like 2

i didn´t know,Trabant´s were driven in US too?? ......oh, it´s made in east germany...not in Japan ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, saxo said:

i didn´t know,Trabant´s were driven in US too?? ......oh, it´s made in east germany...not in Japan ;)

Right, I knew that, just commenting on the Pre Japan car market in the US.  Not sure how many Trabants were here, just that they were really rare.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

No Pintos or Gremlins yet?!!!

All the pintos blew up

Lol

My girlfriend had one..to cramped lol

The gremilin my buddy's parents owned and he got .

What an ugly beast, like driving around in a greenhouse lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

If ya ever did get stuck the thing was so light 2 folks could drag it out.

They made running from the law in the woods easy lol

So I hear...

• Haha 2