•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

First Car you ever owned and got stoned in :)

2 hours ago, Toker said:

What an ugly beast, like driving around in a greenhouse lol

I always thought moniker went to the AMC Pacer, as it looked to be a rolling greenhouse.

I did not own a car at 12, so it would have been a 49 Nash 4-5 of us got running back in the junk yard, and would drive it around the logging roads.

It was a way cool car, the seats would lay back to make a big bed of sorts. Looked like an upside down bath tub.

We could NOT help ourselves to NOT  drive it on the roads late at night here in the Appalachians. The first winter, after we got it running, we got all smoked up, and drinking Rock n Rye and we would take turns, trying to roll it over, back in the junk yard, OMG we would laugh like crazy. We never did roll it over, but we did knock a few trees over.

Back then, we only got patrolled by the state police, and never saw them.

My first car was a 70 Triumph Spitfire, that was flood damaged. So it was dirt cheap. It had like 6 inches of stream vomit covering the interior, and under the bonnet, and in the boot, was a thick carpet of the same stuff. But a couple of weeks of seat disassembly, and cleaning, rebuilding the Carb's, and swapping out a few parts. I drove it for a couple of years and sold it for way more than I paid, even being a flood car.

Now that was great stoner car, well when it ran great, she would have hissy fits on occasion, cough, sputter, slow way down, smoke, shudder, and then all of a sudden it would pass, and she would run like dream, never fast, but nice and steady...for a while.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

Right, I knew that, just commenting on the Pre Japan car market in the US.  Not sure how many Trabants were here, just that they were really rare.  

... the latest ones are 30+ yrs old now and they still running !!!! there are several Trabant-Meetings every year over here :tu

• Like 7

That would be the first car I owned, a 1965 Plymouth Fury much like the picture below, same color even.

Picture of 1965 Plymouth Fury, gallery_worthy

• Like 7

Alfa Romeo 156 sportswagon. My first car (and still have her) is her little sister a 155, which is completely modified (technical, so larger engine, brembo brakes, handmade exhaust and So on). But i can not being high while driving, the cops pull me over way to much:lol:

Love your american muscle cars. Sadly the NL goverment dont like them, So you pay to much taxes for them:td

4363A9E5-3FFC-4DB3-A78C-959286BD4BD5.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1963 Chevy Impala 2 door. Had a 283 V8 in it, and THICK blue SHAG carpet all through it(was a California car) . It had "glass packs" on it, and was such a DOG I drove it around in low gear so it sounded cool................................LMAO!!!!! I paid 300 bucks for it in 1972! Sold it for 150 bucks in 1976.

1-no-reserve-1963-chevy-impala-ss-good-running-driving-hot-pro-street-rat-rod-2.JPG

• Like 9

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor opel kadett d gte
Web pick

Opel Kadet GTE   
A FF machine, Focking Fast!!   800KG - 115PK 

• Like 4

We just had some really freaking bad ass cars back then! Then add in an 8 track with all that cool music. :)

I remember I could drive all day with a dollar worth of gas lol

• Like 2

Oh!!!  And Vega's, anyone get high in their Chevrolet Vega?  

Boy or boy, the early seventies were dark days for the American Auto engineering design teams.Unknown.jpeg.1e82e1fc0b4871daa5ff63e37c9023f3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

98 integra 

Screenshot_20190314-104840_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunnyvale said:

Alfa Romeo 156 sportswagon. My first car (and still have her) is her little sister a 155, which is completely modified (technical, so larger engine, brembo brakes, handmade exhaust and So on). But i can not being high while driving, the cops pull me over way to much:lol:

Love your american muscle cars. Sadly the NL goverment dont like them, So you pay to much taxes for them:td

4363A9E5-3FFC-4DB3-A78C-959286BD4BD5.jpeg

Yeah I had custom exhaust, brembo breaks, tinted windows, and some other mods that got me harassed alot if I wasnt in the city, especially when douchebags decided to look and or profile me on their records. Plus my shit was red, something hard to miss, especially with the designer subs. What really ticked then off were the police radar and argon lights I had inside for "flaire." Driving it on acid was like driving in a spaceship though and just way to find.

Miss the hell out of it for sure.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

We have a youngen! lol :)

Hahah I knew someone would say it. Its definitely what I was thinking looking at the first page lmao.

The sad part is I feel old, I didnt go to college til I was almost 22, never really finished my first degree, didnt really seem like much point these days. Degrees only matter in certain fields.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunnyvale said:

ove your american muscle cars. Sadly the NL goverment dont like them, So you pay to much taxes for them:td

hard to get a parking spot too! :lol:

• Haha 4

On 3/14/2019 at 9:21 AM, Sunnyvale said:

Here is a pic of my ‘68 el Camino. Just getting ready to drop the motor in her. 396 stroker. 425 hp to the rear wheels. 5 miles per gallon of gas, but she is fun to drive.

it still needs some new paint, and chrome work. Maybe I’ll get her painted before summer ends. Hot August Nights in Reno Nevada will come fast.

F5FBD371-06AC-420C-BA46-8851DE9F8D60.thumb.jpeg.34e2dfbcf4a36428502dcdf447bcb479.jpeg

I haven’t gotten stoned in this thing, don’t plan on it.....

• Like 7

First car owned was the '71 Chevy Chevelle SS.  Web photo.

I paid something like $950 in 1980 and sold it for about $1400 about two years later to a collector who bought it for the body. 

chevelle.jpg

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Gardener said:

First car owned was the '71 Chevy Chevelle SS.  Web photo.

I paid something like $950 in 1980 and sold it for about $1400 about two years later to a collector who bought it for the body. 

chevelle.jpg

That is one sweet ass car!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Justcozz said:

Here is a pic of my ‘68 el Camino. Just getting ready to drop the motor in her. 396 stroker. 425 hp to the rear wheels. 5 miles per gallon of gas, but she is fun to drive.

it still needs some new paint, and chrome work. Maybe I’ll get her painted before summer ends. Hot August Nights in Reno Nevada will come fast.

F5FBD371-06AC-420C-BA46-8851DE9F8D60.thumb.jpeg.34e2dfbcf4a36428502dcdf447bcb479.jpeg

What a fun project :)

• Like 1

My first car was a Suzuki Swift and it was indeed swift with acceleration. Furthermore the floor was so rotten, the Flintstones could have driven it. 

SUZUKISwift5Doors-2182_3.jpg

It was ugly too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 3/14/2019 at 6:53 PM, MouseE said:

Yeah I had custom exhaust, brembo breaks, tinted windows, and some other mods that got me harassed alot if I wasnt in the city, especially when douchebags decided to look and or profile me on their records. Plus my shit was red, something hard to miss, especially with the designer subs. What really ticked then off were the police radar and argon lights I had inside for "flaire." Driving it on acid was like driving in a spaceship though and just way to find.

Miss the hell out of it for sure.

Exactly! Love your intergra too bro. They are also pretty pricey over here!  

17 hours ago, Justcozz said:

Wooooop wooop Nice brother. I didnt know we are also sharing the love of cars. Sadly i can not help you bro, but it would have been fun!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Hamme Hydro said:

My first car was a Suzuki Swift and it was indeed swift with acceleration. Furthermore the floor was so rotten, the Flintstones could have driven it. 

It was ugly too. 

An Old friend of mine had one too. It wasn’t the most pretty one, neither it was fast, but still a lot of fun with it :P

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hamme Hydro said:

It was ugly too. 

Ok, dude, this one made even me wince, lol.  And I was embarrassed about my Opal Kadette!  We pot smokers have no shame.  

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, dieseldog381 said:

.....And I was embarrassed about my Opal Kadette!  We pot smokers have no shame.  

..looks like,we all got a OPEL Kadett at one point LOL

image.thumb.png.312cba8e104a7bb02715bb38e1310d00.png

´85 Kadett E (webpic)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saxo said:

..looks like,we all got a OPEL Kadett at one point LOL

image.thumb.png.312cba8e104a7bb02715bb38e1310d00.png

´85 Kadett E (webpic)

Probably the same Opal, they got passed around pretty quickly, given their short life span, roflmao!!  

• Like 1