•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

First Car you ever owned and got stoned in :)

69 Mach I Mustang, 351 Cleveland 4 bolt mains, roller cam, right at 425 horsepower. Many Many hours and a whole lotta love spent in this machine, lots of Sex, Oaxacan weed, Orange Sunshine, Window Pane, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd Meddle, Lou Reed Rock n Roll Animal, Black Oak Arkansas and Iggy Pop! More memories in this car than anything I've ever owned.

Baq

MyMustangMachI 1974-Edit.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2019 at 7:03 AM, dieseldog381 said:

Ok, dude, this one made even me wince, lol.  And I was embarrassed about my Opal Kadette!  We pot smokers have no shame.  

That Suzuki actually looks like something I would have got a few years later in life. In high school, never, style matters. But after 4 years of traveling/marauding in a coupe the sport wagon seemed ideal (cause I also love to floor it 110 all the way across the state (after 6months you get bored and want something faster, especially after that dude in a Thunderbird straight smokes you). I went with a passat, didnt think about discomfort on long drives....

Now it's all about efficiency in comfort, the young me speed races can take all the fun, and the ~3grand of speeding tickets I racked in 2 years..

• Like 1

One of these things was my first car, Rover SD1 V8 in 'baby shit' green. That is the colour I had, the car was modelled on the Ferrari Daytona. Allegedly.

ebay145856435513845.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2019 at 9:00 PM, shiskaberry savior said:

1972 ford cortina plated

not plated a 1956 Voxall 

532D5E2D-3656-46ED-B258-D1316FB0F9A7-451-0000007E2C71AE99.jpg

I love the Mark 3 Cortina, my Uncle had a bright orange one in the mid 70's.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 3:59 PM, saxo said:

...Trabant 601

image.thumb.png.a6063d4d14e56eacb0f12b2c52ebbd52.png

After the Berlin Wall came down a load of these were imported to England, the Yuppies were all over them. They just love a bandwagon to jump on, then the novelty wore off and you don't see them anymore. The Nissan Figaro was another fashion item the Yuppies jumped all over.

Did someone say sheep? pmsl

• Like 2

Thanks for starting this thread, Gardenartus.  Sooo many memories for an older person.  My parents bought a new blue and white 1966 VW microbus just like that without the camper stuff.  You really didn't want it for daily driving, it was so heavy with the extra gear.  My friend's family had one of those.

Standard model was slow enough.  I drove that bus to school more than my Sunbeam because the Alpine was under repair so much.  Had to be sure to lock the bus' doors in the student parking lot or else the chronic stoners would get in and smoke out. :rolleyes2:

I have to go back to the start. I haven't been reading many threads lately. I can't remember the exact car, but I swear I think it's trying to came back to me. 

It was a car where I first smoked pot. It was a car with probably 6 other teens and the guy driving was one of the first guys in school to have long hair.. 1971. I was 16. We drove out to the sticks not far from our communities and out into a large field that was full off super large Oak trees. It was night and we pulled under one of the large oaks. Of course, me not knowing what to expect it was pretty exciting. We just sat in the car with all of the lights off and smoked a couple of joints. 

Now, when I taste the first part of a joint that is all paper it reminds me of that time. Most joints came from a matchbox of Mexican seeded pot and were almost all paper, lol. Makes sense. It costs us kids $5 for a matchbox at first. Then we all became dealers or selling for our stash.

It seems like the car was a rust or orange colored, large sedan, ... I can almost picture it. It was huge and would pack 6 - 8 in it easy.lol

I'll have to go back and find pics of the cars my friends had at that time. I only had my mom's car to drive, and all my friends remember those times. Holy crap. Boy, all of the stories that followed for the next 5 years are almost hard to believe. But it sure makes for some fine memories. 

Cars were everything back then. Kids did everything for the first time in a car! Wow, fun times. We went from FM radio to 8 track stereo and then cassette tapes. Music and concerts were everything then, too.

Now I have to go back and look at the cars in this thread.

I actually think I have a few photos of me around the time, 73-75. Long hair and full of energy! I'll look through the old ones.

peace

• Like 2

Well, the first car I owned, and we definitely got stoned in, was my dad's old work car he gave me. 

1962 Ford Falcon, 6 cylinder, 3 speed manual on the column. 

image.png.6de19a214665f79ec89debd829c10065.png

Okay, that wasn't it... mine was much closer to this. Almost identical. Well, actually a little better but the same color. It smelled like gas till it died. My dad had an outboard bot motor he kept in the trunk to use on the rental boats when we fished. The gas and oil cans lived there, too. I can still smell it all.

image.thumb.png.f380d98d500d9c97fff1d6d06ea0150b.png

This was my mom's car that I drove mostly after that. She would let me drop her off at work and keep the car... :blink: ...yeah, I know, right!? I won't even start with those stories... 

1966 Dodge Polara with a 383 cubic inch 4 barrel carb. They would go faster than any teen needed to go. Like dirt said, the bench seats were like sofas. You could invite all of your friends.

Exactly like this.

image.png.c691243fda91ea70c45bf624e8786123.png image.thumb.png.019711e0a076ac105d690e3ed9a8e6d2.png

I'll post up other pics soon. Lots of cars were involved in my younger life. Lots of Beetles. My friends all had better cars than me. I didn't have many cars until I was 21ish. But, lots of friends had hot rodded cars. Lots of fun.

My sister had a '71 Dodge Challenger with a 440 Six Pack (3-2 barrel carbs on a factory high rise manifold), convertible...turns out there were only 500 made and it would be worth a fortune if her boyfriend hadn't wrecked it.But she let my drive it all the time... AT 16!! I went 145mph on it a few times... AT 16!!!! I'll find a pic of it. I never lost a race in it.

How the hell did we ever make it this far?.... Oh, and like Baqualin, who lived in a similar area to mine, there was lots of acid done in all cars... lol. 

the 70's rocked in my opinion!

peace

• Like 2