•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

Most Odd Place you have Lived

Was that you with the red hair on Six Feet Under?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In our small town, there was a small house, for rent, and it was really cheap compared to most everything else. It was 1973 or so, when I went to look at it, I had never realized it was a hold over grave yard from the segregation days, or a grave yard that would only plant folks of color there. 

The grave markers, were very crude, almost like there was a wooden box that was used as a mold, then a 1 inch thick concrete mix was poured into them, and then whoever simply scratched the name in with a stick or nail. All were very crude, most so hard to read the names were lost to time.

The house set right in the graveyard, and we had folks tell us it was the caretakers house, but I think it was the whole deal, funeral parlor, and keepers quarters.

I never did know for sure about the house, as it was a small 2 story, and hippies had lived they well before us.

I sure wish one of them had taken an art class, as their psychedelic scrawl drawings sucked! And were very hard to paint over.

I never saw any type of apparitions  while living there, now did we get many visitors.

• Like 3

That is pretty cool, and sadly sweet.

Have you ever seen the grave yards in New Orleans? They are really cool.

• Like 1

there was a squat house( in an old industry area) in the mid 90´ ,i was dwelling a couple months. then it was pretty cool ,but nowaday i can´t imagine doing that again. i was living together with some punks and theyr dogs.....that´s why,i could not imagine,haveing a dog inside the house

Edited by saxo
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, gardenartus said:

Have you ever seen the grave yards in New Orleans? They are really cool.

No Garderartus, I have not. The only time I was down that way, I was working, in some horrible hot factory on some of our equipment installed there, that made paper towels. We had talked of driving over that way, but the heat in the plant, averaged around 110 F in the morning. They had what looked like wee guard shacks, throughout the main building, that was air conditioned, so if you felt wobbly from heat, you could step into one, and cool down, unless it full from other melting people.

Down by the equipment, it was CRAZY hot!! That was a long long week. We just wanted to get to some tempered air up north.

Holy moses, what a job. I love New Orleans, but I have not been back since Katrina, it probably is a lot different. I had the best vacation ever, so many street entertainers, artist, place they made me my own personal perfume lol, designed to my chemistry. I met Tom Selleck, he collects canes, smoked a cigarette with Gerald Mcraney and got his and wife Deltas sig, funny only had a Delta airline ticket, and that is what she signed lol Delta Burke :) Wow, she is a beautiful woman, she had no make up on, just stunning.

We went to a couple plantations, one had peacocks, it started to rain, and we were all on that big ole porch, and they all came up with us! LOL man I could go on for hours about that vacation.

• Like 1

I lived in a bed and breakfast for a while and when i was out a few days they rent my room while charging me the whole weekly fee! And when i stepped to them about it they said i was cheap! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/17/2019 at 11:48 AM, saxo said:

there was a squat house( in an old industry area) in the mid 90´ ,i was dwelling a couple months. then it was pretty cool ,but nowaday i can´t imagine doing that again. i was living together with some punks and theyr dogs.....that´s why,i could not imagine,haveing a dog inside the house

If they're trained, they're fine. If they're not, they're what we call outside dogs.

Some are very clean. The dog in my avatar, in spite of his muddy nose, was house trained when we got him, at 9 weeks. The breeder said they figure it out themselves.

Now, that behavior is a bit extreme. Most pups require crate training and a lot of your time. And pretty much that's why I don't have a dog right now — I don't have the time to devote to one.

• Like 2

Easy way to train a dog is by crate. My dog after training, would just go in the cage and slept for about a year lol

I have two old cats, I don't want to interrupt their "calm" lol so waiting to get a dog till they pass.

@Misterdirt the dogs i mentioned were housebroken! ...punker-dogs not trainet usually,but they´re friendly mostly. but most dogs are trainet over here,at least the big ones ,so they obey better to the owners.

I lived on my parents boat, "The Wandering Albatross" for 2 years with the rest of my family while I was in High School. She was a 1961, 51ft, Karri Hulled, Wandoo decked, Motor Sailor with an old Gardner engine. Absolutely stunning if you are into old stuff(I'll try upload a photo one day). Not as fun as it sounds- living in a cramped cabin with three other brothers but we had some great times that's for sure. Poor old girl sunk a few years ago, just before my mum died.

Peace

• Like 2